I struggled with reading new material in the past, and this helped me:

Don't even try to read it.
Just to an outline, and an overview.
Get the intuitive concepts first and then connect them with Ti.

What I tried to do in the past was read things first, which would bore me to no end, because I don't really care about elaborating on points -- I want pieces and concepts, Ti material. I can put them together perfectly well myself. Additional information is necessary if I don't get it, but I am finding that generally speaking I don't.

I announce all of this because for whatever reason, when reading texts in the past, I always found it incredibly .... unpleasant. In some ways I almost want to say that my Fi role of "well, that is how you read" got in the way, which is unusual, but maybe something to consider.

Bottom line: hunt for Ti material first, scan. And then put the pieces together afterwards. Setting up a parameter or outline first, and then flooding it and mastering it works much better for me than reading something straight through. Much more agreeable (Si HA), and you can monitor progress better as well, (so you know when to say catch yourself for drifting off and thinking your own thoughts, and say, "look, we've got XX% left to do").

That's all. I doubt many LIIs have issues like this, but it struck me as odd. One last tip: actively seeking new information -- Te -- think of it as a means for health, a mental exercise. "Improvement of the mind through extensive reading", you could say. Don't let the MBTI INTJ problem of "I don't want to consider another viewpoint" get in the way of doing a good job; Se polr and Si HA correspondingly.