Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
But what dual would appreciate it? I don't think there is one. Because it is not an inherently positive quality.

Let's make this an extreme example.

Let's say that I like stomp on babies. EIIs don't really like it when people stomp on babies, or at least lets assume that. Do you think that because I stomp on babies this means that EIIs are not my dual? Are we going to suspect, then, that perhaps IEIs like it when stomp on babies?

I doubt it. Why? Because stomping on babies, and being an asshole are not desirable qualities, full stop.
I understand you're just illustrating an extreme example here.

But, I think it's important to keep in mind that seeking to gain information is a rather normal, natural human thing. That's what the basis of this dialogue is about.

How we approach that will vary. (And I know you already know this, but it needs to be said.) And in your particular case, the way that you would like to approach information exchange is a more open method -- information is not sacred. That is a fundamental value that you have and have expressed clearly.

Now, with that fundamental value being said, I think it's important to keep in mind how an EII might react when faced with this fundamental value. It seems that what is implied by your fundamental value is a level of disclosure that makes EIIs uncomfortable, to the point of suffocation.

Now, this is only one aspect of how an EII takes in information, but I think it's important to flesh out these points of ... for lack of a better word, pressure. To try to understand why it is that an EII would be so uncomfortable when they feel pressured to disclose information they don't want to disclose even if it's something that you would like to have.

I think these aspects are quite involved and act as an important piece of a person's type. After all, we're talking about information metabolism in a very bare sense here, devoid of using information elements and socionics terms at the moment.

All I'm asking is that you consider the possibility that maybe there are other types that are more receptive and accepting of the kind of information you seek to gain from people.