Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
How can you talk to this type without pushing them away? Or what would push away an LSE-Si?

Does being too serious seem like familiarity that is frightening???

Also, how can you let them know that you are their friend and that they can trust you. That you won't stab them in the back, or hurt them.
I don't understand the bold part. For me, no, being serious is not a drawback in any way. I'm learning that EII and LSE forms of appeal are actually different from the norm, particularly when you look at how beta (Se+Fe) romances are portrayed on TV.

As for letting an LSE know you won't stab them in the back, reach out to them (or respond when they reach out to you), and be consistent. Don't fuck with them.

Try not to do things like leave out of the blue, or distance yourself, or cut yourself off from the LSE, especially if there is something planned. The more sporadic you are, the less appealing it is.

This is especially true in the "feeling you out" stage. An LSE is essentially blind to people's relationship statuses in terms of what you feel towards them. So having a more steady approach is appealing. If you're coming up all over the charts - interested, not interest; here, not here - then its very stressful to deal with that, and it is very difficult to invest into that.

What's more, if you do start to invest in that, and then there are major changes or someone becomes sporadic or just disappears, then the LSE is like.... ??? Keep in mind there is no room for intuition here. It is hard for us to guess, and even harder to have faith in that such a guess is right, particularly in terms of relationships. So my best advice here is don't assume too much.

If something changes, tell the LSE. If things are the same, even consider telling the LSE.

What makes me trust people the most is when they consistently tell me things, and those things are consistently true. I don't particularly care whether I want to "hear" those things or not, it doesn't matter if things are pleasant or not. In fact, I, personally, will appreciate someone even more if they do tell me those things that are difficult to hear.

So basically, a positive example of trust would be:
- tells me the truth about things, whether it is "favoruable sounding" or not
- consistently let's me know what is going on
- doesn't change plans on a whim, or at least if this happens, I am informed
- if you believe in something, living it in your everyday actions.

a negative example would be:
- doesn't tell me truth in general
- particularly avoids telling me the truth if it sounds "unfavourable sounding"
- doesn't care to let me know what's going on (doesn't return texts or phone calls)
- changes plans on a whim, and often forgets to tell me
- professes beliefs, or considers them, and then frequently acts out of alignment with those beliefs.