Thread: LSE/ESTj Subtypes - discussion and examples

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si-ESTj

I wish I can meet more Si-ESTjs. Nearly every ESTj I have met is a Te subtype, who should be kept away from the workplace sometimes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    I wish I can meet more Si-ESTjs. Nearly every ESTj I have met is a Te subtype, who should be kept away from the workplace sometimes.
    I know a few. I like them, but they can sometimes be a little crude with their humor or odd with excessive Si like too much drinking or eating, or awful sexual jokes for my taste. These guys might just be like that though, and it may not have anything to do with them being Si.

I know that the Te subtype can be strict and demanding, but I have not met any really bad ones yet.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    I know a few. I like them, but they can sometimes be a little crude with their humor or odd with excessive Si like too much drinking or eating, or awful sexual jokes for my taste. These guys might just be like that though, and it may not have anything to do with them being Si.

I know that the Te subtype can be strict and demanding, but I have not met any really bad ones yet.

Oh jeez, I wonder which category I fall into : /, according to your standards.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh my buddy is like this. He rocks my socks though.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Heh my buddy is like this. He rocks my socks though.
    I'm assuming you're talking about the and not subtype
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I knew one with the bad qualities of both of the subtypes you mentioned...so not sure if he was Si or Te. But as far as the "strict and demanding" part, there's this funny thing where we both know (as an ENFP) it's not going to work on me. Sometimes I'd play along, sometimes not. But it was sort of amusing more than anything. But then again, I've never had an ESTJ boss...so not sure how that would work.

I do know another ESTJ who never makes sexual jokes, etc and has a lot of tact. Prob individual differences...

ESTJs are usually lots of fun though.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just about anyone who knows me when I'm "not at work" knows I make tons of sexual jokes. There are a number of people here that can attest to that. But at work? Not at all. It depends on the setting and what we're trying to do, and how comfortable or not I am with you.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- or how tired I am

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    Work is the last place I want to hear sexual jokes, lol
    ESTjs do that a lot, huh?
    Not so much in my experience, though one of them finds joy in flatulence. It runs in the family as this ESTj is from the stock of a particularly legendary gasmaster. Using clever tactics and rules of thumb to diffuse the chance of detection, unsuspecting coworkers or passerby have often been ambushed whilst the composed perpetrator slips away unnoticed. When regaling family with the tales of such grand exploits, the ESTj approaches the closest real life approximation I've seen of ROFLMAO. I don't think this is type-related, but I thought I'd share.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they can sometimes be a little crude with their humor or odd with excessive Si like too much drinking or eating, or awful sexual jokes for my taste.
    Wow. I am the complete opposite. Sometimes I wish that I have the capacity to drink more. I think sexual jokes can be tolerated as long as they are not derogatory towards women.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I am the complete opposite. Sometimes I wish that I have the capacity to drink more. I think sexual jokes can be tolerated as long as they are not derogatory towards women.

With one guy the jokes are always derogatory. I don't mind them THAT much, especially because it lets me bring out my Fi, but it gets boring when it is ALL THE TIME and no one can say anything without it turning into a sexual or racist joke. He is so predictable it is ridiculous.

He also has to touch everyone's ass, which actually can be funny when a girl gets pissed. He is really good looking though so usually girls don't mind. He will also hook up with anyone. I mean he's been with hundreds of girls NO JOKE.

Anyway, I have known him for so long that I really do love him in spite of the fact that he frustrates me sometimes. Having said all that I guess he is pretty cool and I do feel some comfort from a dual interaction when I am around him.

Edit:

Another Si subtype is the father of a good friend I have known for most of my life. He is a total alcoholic, so much so that he doesn't work at all. His wife cooks, cleans, and works and raised the kids while he helped with very little. (This is probably just him and I know there are unhealthy people of all types.) He spent most of his time in Si indulgent states, getting massages, playing golf, going out to dinner, having parties, watching sports, taking pills and drinking.

I know another Si subtype who is really cool, smart, nice, and funny. I don't like that he says he loves his girlfriend and then cheats on her all the time (with lame girls). He just likes hooking up with different girls so he does it.

From what I can remember these are the only Si subtypes I have known well.
    Last edited by Christy B; 04-14-2008 at 11:39 PM.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not experienced the Te to be strict or demanding, I just know that others have had experiences with this. (I've heard.) Then again, maybe what someone else would consider strict and demanding I would not. I think my old boss was ESTJ-Te a female she was a wonderful boss. The best manager of time, people, problems I have ever worked with. She worked harder than anyone one else around which made me want to work harder too.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacking context, I have to say Christy that those Si subs sound inordinately flawed. No offense to you or your friends/acquaintances.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Lacking context, I have to say Christy that those Si subs sound inordinately flawed. No offense to you or your friends/acquaintances.
    Yeah. I thought it might not be type related. I just know a lot of really screwed up people I guess. The guy who cheats is pretty normal, nice, etc., minus the cheating thing. To be fair, I guess it doesn't help that the two younger of those Si guys are really attractive and that girls are always falling all over them. Really. It is way too easy. . . . Gross.

What are other more "normal" Si subtypes like? Maybe if I met one I would change my opinion of this type!!!
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, not all of this will be type-related either. Rather they are generalized observations of things I've found the three individuals have in common. Naturally, some non-pertinent or typologically generic info will cycle in not to mention the possibility of an incorrect typing here or there (I'm almost positive that they are all delta ST, though it may be that my uncle is ISTp). Anyway, take it all with a grain of salt:

The ones I've known tend to be pretty relaxing (noting that I only know them outside of a work environment, except for my uncle, who I've worked with on his farm). However, when things pop up that need doing they address it immediately and decisively, seemingly without it being a big disruption in terms of mindset. They all hold themselves and others to pretty high standards.

I've noticed that all of them has a sort of narrowly peculiar type of humor (either in content or form) as if it's more of a learned activity rather than a natural feature of their conversation. My uncle and my mother (whom I only have knowledge of by her accounts) are strict taskmasters, but so long as you work hard and attempt to carry out what's asked, they're quite genial. Otherwise, you decline in their eyes.

Character accounts for a lot in all of their views. If any of them see in you cause to doubt your trustworthiness or good will, reactions can range from confrontation to restricting all further contact to the necessities of the situation (strictly business, ignoring you, etc). On the other hand, if your good character is demonstrated in some way (it takes more convincing from some than others), they tend to open up and become very warm individuals.

Once you've earned their trust, it takes something significant to lose that, such as a moral breach (a betrayal, perceived or real). In contrast, they don't seem to deal with uncertainty particularly well regarding their personal contacts. Dissembling is detested (keep it real, folks) and direct and sincere communication is the bee's knees.

Hmm, that's all I can think of at the moment, and the more I think about it the less this sounds like a description of a particular type, much less a subtype of a particular type. Still, I have people in my life like this and I tend to get on very well with them. So there!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I've noticed that all of them has a sort of narrowly peculiar type of humor (either in content or form) as if it's more of a learned activity rather than a natural feature of their conversation. My uncle and my mother (whom I only have knowledge of by her accounts) are strict taskmasters, but so long as you work hard and attempt to carry out what's asked, they're quite genial. Otherwise, you decline in their eyes.

Character accounts for a lot in all of their views. If any of them see in you cause to doubt your trustworthiness or good will, reactions can range from confrontation to restricting all further contact to the necessities of the situation (strictly business, ignoring you, etc). On the other hand, if your good character is demonstrated in some way (it takes more convincing from some than others), they tend to open up and become very warm individuals.

Once you've earned their trust, it takes something significant to lose that, such as a moral breach (a betrayal, perceived or real). In contrast, they don't seem to deal with uncertainty particularly well regarding their personal contacts. Dissembling is detested (keep it real, folks) and direct and sincere communication is the bee's knees.

Hmm, that's all I can think of at the moment, and the more I think about it the less this sounds like a description of a particular type, much less a subtype of a particular type. Still, I have people in my life like this and I tend to get on very well with them. So there!
    Bee's knees? I've never heard that one before. What does it really mean?

And yeah, everything you say there is basically how I feel. Particularly your take on trust, and how I warm up to people that seem trustworthy, and stay away from those that are not.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with that. I know a couple Si subs and they are gems both.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend