Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does strong :Te: imply weaker relative :Ti:?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think the conscious functions are stronger than the unconscious ones simply because we are actively aware of them. I also think that the 1st function is of a similar strength\value as the 3rd function (they should theorectically be the same), and the same is true of the 2nd and 4th function, but they are in less use than the 1st\3rd function pair.

The Ego block functions are strong because we like using them and are aware of them, the SuperEgo block functions are strong because we don't like using them. To have an edge over some people in some functions means having a weakness in another, so they are expressed.

Although + , + etc. complement each other it isn't possible (according to Model A at least) to be strong in both of these functions - this would mean having no clear favourite function or weak ones. It would be like a lock having it's own key - what would be the point?

The Id + SuperId functions are weaker because they are unconscious, but the 5th and 7th functions are weaker than the 6th and 8th, and are hence the weakest functions (at least if unconscious function implies being weaker than a conscious one).

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    4. also,
    if we use "Fe is the most repressed function of an intj"
    then it might follow that "dual seeking functions are the most repressed functions"
    as an NeFi, particularly an (Ne)Fi, that would suggest that Si is my most repressed function. however, i utilize Si every time i open my eyes and walk around my house, yard, drive, etc. In essence, i would not be able to be mobile without extensive usage of Si information. Admittedly, it's easier for me if someone else does the driving etc allowing me to delve further into Ne thoughts, but when needed, it's far easier for me to access Si information than Se information.

now, i said "it might follow" because it's possible you only meant that repressed dual seeking only applies to Ti accepting, or Ti alphas, or IJs, or subtypes, etc etc
    I think, also that you might experience your unconscious particularly strongly because of the gaps shown in your use of your conscious function - it would be like seeing black where there isn't any white.

Also, a INTj may have stronger than , but the INTj doesn't actually [i]like[i/] it - they are just hideously aware of it. I think a INTj would see as a broken down version of - to them, it is highly personal, so they don't take criticism in that area from other people, but to the INTj the is auxilliary to the - it might act as a very thin template for in some areas, which is later superseded by the , so no remains. (This would be like a police chief getting some bad guys to help, and after establishing a foothold, fiercely denouncing any association with the bad guys). A person might tolerate their own brand of SuperEgo block functions in themselves because they understand it (though it is subservient to their main Ego block perspective), but in other people it is abhorrent, as they don't understand the other's person's reasoning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12