TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    i would actually characterize it as Ne.
    Not at all. Totally external dynamics of fields.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilligan! describe me Ni, if you want to. I have never understood what it is. I'm interested to read.
    Semiotical process

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni is the same as Si, but with things that are not directly physically observable. It's the development of an action over time, not how it happens physically, but in a causal chain of events.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What jsb describes sounds like is 'dynamics of fields', i.e. or . A type would see time as static, or wouldn't mention it at all. The people\objects would be seen as possibilties, and not like ghosts leaving trails behind. The fact that jsb describes a shopping mall with people in it, with their different tempos etc. and the vibe he gets from them does seem more . A might not include people, or a real place, but describe how 'things' change over time in a static environmental context (the background stays still).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb'07
    Time is moving. Go into some mall where there is lots of people. Lots of action. Where everything happens quickly and changes all the time. Find yourself a seat from where you can follow it all. Try to observe the movement. How nothing is still. How people walk, meat each-other, how the elevators go up or down. How someone passes someone by. How someone stops at the same time. Feel how people have diferent tempo. Feel how everything in the mall has its own tempo and is changing and moving. Stoping, passing by, slowing down, sudden voice of a commercial and so on. Try to obserb into the movement.
    It is somehow similar to how I see things. I'll try to write down a similar text how I feel the flow in a mall for comparison.

Lots of people, lots of action. Everything's changing with time, nothing is still. Elevator goes up, people inside look tired, loud kids run into the elevator and I await for the change of facial mimics of those people. Someone passes someone by, I notice a third person slowing down to avoid collision with them. Everyone seems so busy, and they seem to have clear directions, but if you look at them closer, you'll notice how they don't have a clear destination. From shop to shop, not buying anything. Sudden voice of the commercial unites everyone for a split second as they flinch ever so slightly, but then everyone continues their own course.

PS! I think that describing the mall is more of a Fe thing than anything else. I hate malls, but I still think it's Fe.
    Now I think jsb is ISFp. (I don't remember what I thought before) It's the description of dynamics, but I'm not sure it's Ni.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Time does not exist, it's simply a cause-and-effect path of natural laws connecting universes in the multiverse.
    http://www.platonia.com
    nice one, hotel. Have you read his book? It is quite interesting
    INTJ [mbti]
    INTp [socionics]

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have multiple views of time depending on my state of mind and level of activity etc. For example when I am on my own I often tend to observe the trees and nature as I pass by, especially those that have become familiar to me because they are in my neighbourhood or my back garden or along my way to the city centre. Observing them change makes me perceive and think of time as the cyclical, rythmic flow of change that is in general self-repeating though never copying itself in exact detail. Kind of something ever-changing, yet somehow always remaining the same. A sort of paradox. This video might give an idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdlc_92mDjs

Under other circumstances, it is more convenient to think of time as a linear continuum which can be split into parts that can be as small or as large as necessary, each with its specific position along the continuum, thus helping in detailed planning, for example; it may still keep a cyclical element but it sort of stays in the background whereas linearity becomes more prominent and essential. It is a bit like the concepts of space and place. Space can encompass and be the framework of many a place, the latter as a whole (or some of them) consistute the space. Yet we can imagine of empty space without places (or not?). The concept of cyclical time seems to encompass the linear 'version' of itself. Different facets of the same 'thing'?
    INTJ [mbti]
    INTp [socionics]

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...is it correct to say "time is a process"? It is static in the way that the process itself doesn't change but dynamic in the sense that the process is always running and it never rests. Lol. This probably doesn't make any sense but it just popped into my head when trying to grasp the static vs dynamic nature of time and how something could be both at the same time

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Time is an external factor outside our control and is the observation of change) in objects over a time-period. I think dynamic types see time as a process more than static types because time is the fuel by which objects in the dynamic type's environment change. Static types are less aware of time as a process because they only focus on events in the external world happening now - time doesn't cause the change in objects, the static type does (they are the process in a sense, time seems secondary or at least, out of their control).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Hmm...is it correct to say "time is a process"? It is static in the way that the process itself doesn't change but dynamic in the sense that the process is always running and it never rests. Lol. This probably doesn't make any sense but it just popped into my head when trying to grasp the static vs dynamic nature of time and how something could be both at the same time
    A stationary process, it has actually been widely formalized

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stationary_process
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12