Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buddha

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The entire point of Buddha was that a person can transcend being a person altogether. To die, while simultaneously realizing you were never alive to begin with. Yikes. No wonder enlightenment has not been achieved on masse during the ensuing centuries. BTW enlightenment space of the modern era is miles beyond these teachings now. We have science to help understanding to explain.

Socionics is the study of Information elements and how they interact on multiple fronts. Including personally and inter-personally. Extending to sociologically. Hence 'socio-nics' - 'the economy of non-trifling companions'.

anyway.

Buddha had a hard time finding enlightenment by denying his physical body. Eventually he succumbed to the impulse to eat the grains of rice. The nourishment, after a long, necessary, ascetic existence, was the next stage in growth towards awakening. -clue

Hence, given his long term denial of his physical body to the point of extreme malnourishment, indicates accented intuition. Hilarious part is that which you resist, persists. This indicates a clue about the dual nature of man, Socionics information-intertypes. Denial of sensing, and then subsequent acceptance of sensing as a required right of passage into freedom from the false self, was the next step. - S-N dichotomy

Buddha concerned himself with inner and outer forms. The literal forms of reality. -Se

This concern was his first personal revelation: his life was a pampered, comfortable exsistance. Filled with colour, taste, smell, luxury, health. Palace baths, languid afternoons, ect. - Si

Seeing a dead body, lifeless, or the old decrepit man, a outer form sensing shock to his psyche, "is this the fundamental nature of realty?" - Ti

inevitable, lifeless, stiff flesh seated in a crowded market, lifeless cow-opaque eyes - Se

Next Buddha realizes time, the consequences and cause effects of each event leading to the next and the inability to escape. - Ni

I'd say overall xNxP.

Not sure on the F/T divide , given I don't think his T focused and /F focused teachings are his own words, but were later added by adepts.

anyway, I couldn't give 2 cents about his type. Its been like 15 years since I did any reading about him.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    The most common types for "benevolent mystics" are probably IEI>EII I guess.
    this made me laugh. so true. goddamn i hate this stupid hobby.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ananda can be LSI.

No other type gets the description of over-zealous devote of teachings like LSI can.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Buddha was a stereotypical LIE who figured out how to purify himself of all the evil emotions he had bottled up. Also 100% was stoned out of his mind when he discovered the "metaphysical realms".

Sermon on how to stop being a liar by the Buddha
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HolyKnowing View Post
    The Buddha was a stereotypical LIE who figured out how to purify himself of all the evil emotions he had bottled up.
    This is a bit trite, don't you think? This is not all he discovered for himself. Although I do think having an inner vision of multiple lifetimes, and realizing the causality of choices in these lifetimes, leads to different results, DOES strike me as strongly intuitive. I say intuitive, not just Ni, because I think the Buddhist monk, Thich Naht Hahn, is LII: "I breath deeply and then I smile".

Also 100% was stoned out of his mind when he discovered the "metaphysical realms".
    Stoned on what? .... I don't think metaphysical realms is only accessible by drugs, btw.

If people are interested in seeing the subconscious memories carried down through families, and people, across generations, they might want to research "ibogaine". A common effect of this drug is "remembering" past tramauas extending across time.

Yeah. Sounds like stoicism, I think the Greeks had this one solved as well.

I am not personally a following buddhist, but if I was really doing myself justice, I would say that I incorporated the eight fold path years ago when I studied them closely looking for answers. I preferred other types of teachings that are more visceral, like Carlos Casteneda's path to becoming a warrior, because it more closing aligned with my real world lived experience of the world. The body and real awakening is found beyond the intellect, and you can increase the energy body (-clue) ....
    blah blah blah.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking LukaDoncic's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buddha engages thoughts and passions in a comprehensible and divine nature.
    Raptor was Lugia in 2019, horns of steel and grip to penetrate and experience zoos of clubs and banners universal advancing jewels of firmaments and ideas of immense jaguars flashing games and whirlpools of evanescence!!
    Ya, being a jolt of misty convalescence and holy parties to the moon with vending machines and the North Pole illustrates a postal service rage fire of ESTP!!
    Nikola Tesla aka Cosmic Master Melchizedek was the Ultimate Mastermind INTJ of extreme terror and venom to interpenetrate and overhaul lords of darkness and astrophysical mania fluctuating in intensities and scorching vis to shatter and break all worlds atop the highest point fissuring the reality nexus to unknown dungeons!!
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the first large spread of Buddhism I believe came with the Mauryan empire, which may have impacted what was written/taught that so-called "Buddha" said

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    This is a bit trite, don't you think? This is not all he discovered for himself. Although I do think having an inner vision of multiple lifetimes, and realizing the causality of choices in these lifetimes, leads to different results, DOES strike me as strongly intuitive. I say intuitive, not just Ni, because I think the Buddhist monk, Thich Naht Hahn, is LII: "I breath deeply and then I smile".
    What you described is the dictionary definition of intuition of time, which is . looks at external reality to find new permutations.

Stoned on what? .... I don't think metaphysical realms is only accessible by drugs, btw.
    In Ancient India, they knew many more potent herbs that either were forgotten about or went extinct due to overusage.

If people are interested in seeing the subconscious memories carried down through families, and people, across generations, they might want to research "ibogaine". A common effect of this drug is "remembering" past tramauas extending across time.
    This is very interesting. Thank you.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    the first large spread of Buddhism I believe came with the Mauryan empire, which may have impacted what was written/taught that so-called "Buddha" said
    I heard it spread through violent means sometimes. This is why I think a lot of the teachings are added later on, just like Christian ones centuries later.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard it spread through violent means sometimes. This is why I think a lot of the teachings are added later on, just like Christian ones centuries later.
    hmm? where did you hear this? I would be interested to look into it

looks like Buddha's initial teachings (in his lifetime) were probably concentrated in northern india:

so its possible things may have changes quite significantly, although I don't know the details...

Ashoka was said to have 'spread' Buddhism because it inspired him but to me it seems potentially imperialistic as well

and if so, could it have shaped the oldest literature we have access to - pali cannon?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you described is the dictionary definition of intuition of time, which is . looks at external reality to find new permutations.
    Lots of his Sutras do this too. And I'm not a hard lined socionist. Part of understanding the psyche through a framework of socionics is understanding that every IE is done to varying degrees of success, and/or priority, in each sociotype. Research "Eglit's" work in the wiki "dimensionality" to get a glimpse of what I'm saying here. This is why you get LII's 'doing' Ni, ect. - "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once." - Ne with Ni

In Ancient India, they knew many more potent herbs that either were forgotten about or went extinct due to overusage.
    Interesting. You'd think some would have survived. But I am totally onboard with many mystical experiences that permeate history, and legend, having been influenced by a drugged experience.

This is very interesting. Thank you.
    yw bud.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    hmm? where did you hear this? I would be interested to look into it

looks like Buddha's initial teachings (in his lifetime) were probably concentrated in northern india:
    Again its been years since I've looked at this stuff, but it was through Thailand, and then up into Japan. https://www.nippon.com/en/japan-topics/b09407/

so its possible things may have changes quite significantly, although I don't know the details...
    Its been around for hundreds of years and its influence went across Asia. In Japanese they have Zen Buddhism, which is actually quite austere and violent in a sense. It's like what happens when you take a LSI warrior and convince him to break down his psyche into the fundamental rudimentary parts, ex: sitting in the middle of a minimalist nature garden and pondering the sound of a tree falling - koan. Does it make a sound? Trick question, regardless on if a person stood there, or not, there is no-one-here, to begin with. I know, hurrrdur?

Ashoka was said to have 'spread' Buddhism because it inspired him but to me it seems potentially imperialistic as well
    Same to me. But doesn't the state typically do that?

and if so, could it have shaped the oldest literature we have access to - pali cannon?
    Someone is always in charge.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of his Sutras do this too. And I'm not a hard lined socionist. Part of understanding the psyche through a framework of socionics is understanding that every IE is done to varying degrees of success, and/or priority, in each sociotype. Research "Eglit's" work in the wiki "dimensionality" to get a glimpse of what I'm saying here. This is why you get LII's 'doing' Ni, ect. - "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once." - Ne with Ni
    Yes, Socionics is a very fluid system indeed. By the way, if you enjoy fluid systems, I recommend you study Lojban. They managed to combine nouns, verbs, and adjectives into a single part of speech called brivla that transforms into nouns, verbs, or adjectives according to an extremely fluid process that I don't understand. Also they have an extremely rich system of expressing emotions. All the necessary information to study Lojban is free and online btw.

Interesting. You'd think some would have survived. But I am totally onboard with many mystical experiences that permeate history, and legend, having been influenced by a drugged experience.
    Historians know that the Romans drove Silphium (a very effective contraception) to extinction through overuse, and the Buddha was alive well before the Roman Empire even existed. So there's plenty of time for many potent herbs to have been driven to extinction.

yw bud.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Socionics is a very fluid system indeed. By the way, if you enjoy fluid systems, I recommend you study Lojban. They managed to combine nouns, verbs, and adjectives into a single part of speech called brivla that transforms into nouns, verbs, or adjectives according to an extremely fluid process that I don't understand. Also they have an extremely rich system of expressing emotions. All the necessary information to study Lojban is free and online btw.
    I took a look. omg. I won't learn it, but my hats off to the effort. I'm not really interested in learning other spoken languages. I've got to much on my plate already.

Historians know that the Romans drove Silphium (a very effective contraception) to extinction through overuse, and the Buddha was alive well before the Roman Empire even existed. So there's plenty of time for many potent herbs to have been driven to extinction.
    Damn us humans.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps it depends on the school of Buddhism, but I wonder if what Buddha intended may not have been much of a "religion" if at all. It doesn't seem to be about a higher power or divinity, even if the Buddha (we may never know) himself believed in some 'religious' but prominent thoughts for his time such as karma, re-birth and so on.

Per ChatGPT, role of "faith" in Buddhism:

1. **The Role of Faith in Buddhism**: The Pali word often translated as "faith" in Buddhism is "saddhā." However, saddhā is not faith in the sense of blind belief. Instead, it refers to a kind of confidence or trust in the Buddha, his teachings (Dharma), and the monastic community (Sangha). Saddhā is typically understood as a starting point on the path. It's the initial trust that encourages one to practice and see for oneself the truth of the teachings.

2. **Direct Experience**: The Buddha frequently emphasized direct experience. He encouraged his followers to not simply take his word for things but to test the teachings in their own lives. In the famous Kalama Sutta, the Buddha advises the Kalamas to not go by hearsay or tradition alone but to see for themselves what leads to benefit and well-being.

3. **The Path of Practice**: While faith or trust is a component, the Buddhist path is very much a path of practice and realization. Key elements like the Eightfold Path are guidelines for ethical conduct, meditation, and wisdom. The aim is to directly realize and understand the nature of existence, especially the truths of suffering and its cessation.

4. **Variances in Schools**: Different Buddhist schools may emphasize faith to varying degrees. For instance:
    - **Pure Land Buddhism**: Faith in Amitabha Buddha and the aspiration to be reborn in the Pure Land is central.
    - **Zen Buddhism**: While there's an emphasis on direct experience through meditation, faith in one's innate Buddha-nature and the teachings of the masters is also vital.
    - **Theravada Buddhism**: The focus is largely on personal practice, meditation, and insight, but faith in the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha provides motivation and context.

5. **Faith vs. Wisdom**: In many Buddhist traditions, the relationship between faith (saddhā) and wisdom (pañña) is described as two wings of a bird. Both are essential for progress on the path. Faith without wisdom can lead to blind belief, and wisdom without faith can become dry or purely intellectual.

----
    Which was my impression as well. If you are actually putting forward this idea of "non-attachment" with practically everything, you cannot attach to a set of beliefs. He seems to be a philosopher and someone focused on the actual impact of his 'method' and so, practical.

I read his ethical teachings, but I do not feel the need to "follow" anything as it seems his underlying principle may be, as I have mentioned earlier, to 'set in place' certain basic moral qualities so they don't hinder what he considers most important. I also can produce my own ethical decisions. As for his more practical teachings, i.e. that of mindfulness, non-attachment, a perhaps more "logical" view of something that tends to evoke strong emotions and hence clouds your judgment, and so on - I think he is offering his knowledge to us. Or that's how I imagine him I guess but - it is up to us whether it works for us or not. It should go without saying I guess.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI, of course:

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian View Post

A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.
    Buddha Nonvalued Fe

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.
    Buddha Judicious, not decisive

All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
    Buddha Introversion

All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
    Buddha Asking, not declaring

Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals.
    Buddha And apple is like orange, aha. Valued Ne.

An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
    Buddha Valued Te

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
    Buddha Inert Fe, limiting Se

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Buddha Non-valued Fe/Ti

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
    Buddha Not valued Fe, judicious

Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.
    Buddha Irrational type (?), non-valued (background) Ti

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
    Buddha Sensing type, non-valued (role) Ni

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
    Buddha Limiting Se

Ennui has made more gamblers than avarice, more drunkards than thirst, and perhaps as many suicides as despair.
    Buddha Fe polr

Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.
    Buddha Si

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
    Buddha Judicious

He is able who thinks he is able.
    Buddha Unconscious Se

He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye.
    Buddha Uhu

He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.
    Buddha Well, he counted it correctly. I think, it can be said that he is logician.

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
    Buddha Non-valued Ni => judicious type

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    Buddha Non-valued Fe, judicious

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.
    Buddha Limiting Se

I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.
    Buddha Role Ni (?)

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
    Buddha Again, non-valued Fe, judicious type

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true.
    Buddha Non-valued Ti

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
    Buddha Non-valued Ni

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
    Buddha Maybe

It is better to travel well than to arrive.
    Buddha (?)

Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
    Buddha Ne (comparison)

Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.
    Buddha Judicious

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
    Buddha Limiting Se (?)

On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.
    Buddha Role Ni (?)

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    Buddha Si

Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
    Buddha Fe polr, weak ethics

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
    Buddha Si

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
    Buddha Non-valued Ni

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
    Buddha Si

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood.
    Buddha Ne, non-valued Fe

The virtues, like the Muses, are always seen in groups. A good principle was never found solitary in any breast.
    Buddha Ne

The wise ones fashioned speech with their thought, sifting it as grain is sifted through a sieve.
    Buddha Ne-Si

The world, indeed, is like a dream and the treasures of the world are an alluring mirage! Like the apparent distances in a picture, things have no reality in themselves, but they are like heat haze.
    Buddha Unconscious Ne

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    Buddha Limiting Se

There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.
    Buddha Non-valued Ni

Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
    Buddha Non-valued Fe

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
    Buddha Judicious

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
    Buddha Non-valued Ni

To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
    Buddha Limiting Se

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
    Buddha Valued Ne (?)

To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one's own in the midst of abundance.
    Buddha Non-valued Se

Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two.
    Buddha Logicians joke, volume three

Virtue is persecuted more by the wicked than it is loved by the good.
    Buddha (?)

We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.
    Buddha Judicious

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Buddha (?)

What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
    Buddha Asking

What we think, we become.
    Buddha Ne? Te? IDK

Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
    Buddha Non-valued Fe

When one has the feeling of dislike for evil, when one feels tranquil, one finds pleasure in listening to good teachings; when one has these feelings and appreciates them, one is free of fear.
    Buddha Si (as anti-Ni)

Without health life is not life; it is only a state of langour and suffering - an image of death.
    Buddha Si

Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
    Buddha Ne, not an Ni

You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
    Buddha Non-valued Fe

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
    Buddha Non-valued Fe

Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.
    Aristocracy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123