Threaded View

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    I've started watching vikings and alot of the main characters look gamma to me. I'm only on season 1 as of now.

Ragnar- SEE-Fi
    Ragnar_c1.png

Lagertha- SEE-Se
    0dee887e84cb66328f9847dd0ad95ea7.jpg

Earl Haraldson- LIE-Te
    History_Vikings_Meet_Earl_Haraldson_SF_HD_still_624x352.jpg

Floki- SEE-Se
    tumblr_mvhs8iZzHE1sp437lo1_500_zpsc1d00d67.png

Siggy Haraldson- ESI-Se
    vikings_s2_gallery_siggy-AB.jpeg

Athelstan- ILI-Ni
    hqdefault.jpg
    Nah, Ragnar is closer to SLE.

Athelstan is probably IEI, although the part about him being a bookish scribe kind of does make him seem ILI. I guess ILI would superficially work for him. He is becomes basically this fusion of christian and pagan world views. His character allowed the show's writers to explore the rich cultural differences, legends and myths of the times, while demonstrating the conflicting world views of the newly spreading christian faiths with a monothiestic God. Ragnar was basically deeply enamoured with him, as if Athelstan was some kind of special jewel. From the very start Ragnar wanted "the priest" by his side, and this become especially apparant when Ragnar was betrayed by Athelstan when he chose his faith over Ragnar. And even then Ragnar still, for lack of a better term, loved him. The guy was Ni incarnate, so Ni-dom works.

Siggy is ESI, no arguments there. I like how she redeemed herself for saving Lothbrooks kids in the frozen lake. She always knows what is going on between everyone, and she has that Se strength. I noticed how she basically supervised Ragnar through out the show. She had a power over him that he could never quite figure out, nor change. It wasnt altogether a positive relationship, but Siggy, despite her role as the slain Earl's wife, easily ingratiated herself in the new society run by Ragnar. He didnt like her, but he respected her and almost could not touch her, even if his trust for her fluctuated. She basically was always aware of how people should behave and wasnt shy about expressing such in one to one conversations. In the group, she prefered a background role. Also, the secret social climber.

SEE for Floki works. Such an interesting portrayl by the actor.

Lagertha is a difficult one for typing. I could see another SEE for her. Very powerful feminine figure, which is probably what the shows writers wanted to convey: the place women held in Norse society. Potential equal positions with men, which was demonstrated when she became the Earl, and when she could remarry if she chose. I am thinking back to the scene where her and Ragnar both came out naked to invite Athelstan to have sex with them. She was very aggressor type sexually in this scene, and I saw her and Ragnar as basically similar, Se-dom sociotypes.

Earl Haraldson played such a minor role, and only a little in the first season, he is difficult for typing. LIE could work, but there are key pieces missing.

Rolo is a difficult type to figure out. I'm going to say LIE for now
    Last edited by wacey; 12-04-2015 at 05:21 PM.