Mausoleum at Halicarnassus The Foundation's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotham seems fairly Gamma.

Person of Interest seems heavily Gamma with Beta influences.
    Have a different opinion on my type? Message me or tell me.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great film.

I don't care it has bad reviews, its an enjoyable bit of fluff.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Drop- I'm a huge fan of this movie right now. The 3 main characters seem to be Gamma with the main 'bad guy' as LSI.

Enemy- Also really big on this movie. 2 main characters seems like different incarnations of an ENTj to me.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    @Contra

Its all good, you did not offend me what-so-ever. I didn't even mind it really, cause I knew you were just joking about the gritty dramas. You don't even need to apologize for it (I also hate apologizing for stupid things were no harm was meant, nor intended). Just, don't do it again

So I watched halfway through the movie before I fell asleep. Its a good show, I can also see LIE for the main guy. At the start of the movie his wife reminds him that they have no more money left, and he says something along the lines of "I know ".

These risky ventures also bother me, but it is better to trust the ones you love, and pick up the pieces afterwards. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Yeah, I'd not have a hard time taking a ton of risk if I didn't have a family but that would be pretty gut-wrenching if I ran out of money with mouths to feed.

I kept waiting for the ice to melt with the women. Kept waiting for some signs of vulnerability, anything that could connect. Kept waiting for some reciprocation between her and her husband. I haven't seen the end of the movie so I don't know if this happens, but so far, she seems like a Se-ESI I guess.
    I was waiting for the same through the first half of the movie. I won't spoil anything. Their relationship looked like a power struggle and a bit unhealthy to me. I thought it might be SEE- ILI relationship for the first half of the movie because she seems to feel the need to regulate his behavior a bit and give him advice, but as the movie goes forward the more the relationship looks more like gamma rational duality, in my opinion. I think the movie probably seems slow to most but I thought it was a pretty straight-forward crime drama with powerful themes, which I appreciate. Overall I thought it was a quality movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    lol, think that movie led to my username..
    Ah so the truth comes out.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh look, more gritty depressing movies shuttled into gamma.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh look, more gritty depressing movies shuttled into gamma.
    I had to combat your efforts somehow.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck you, @wacey

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Contra

I know you were just joking, still, in the future if you want to talk to me like a person, you address me like a person. Skip the f-yous. Deal?

I will take a look at A Most Violent Year when I have some time. Seeing that the protagonist is now your avatar, its easy to say you identify with him personally as well as being representative of an ENTj. Seeing in the preview that he is married I think its safe to assume she's his dual wife. And overall the film speaks for the quadra values of four discrete personality types and all the subtle dichotomy nuances that goes with four personality types and their inter-type relationships. Overall you are saying the movie represents real to life inter types and archetype themes that are often associated with gamma quadra, correct?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Contra

I know you were just joking, still, in the future if you want to talk to me like a person, you address me like a person. Skip the f-yous. Deal?
    Sorry. I had no intention to offend you.

I will take a look at A Most Violent Year when I have some time. Seeing that the protagonist is now your avatar, its easy to say you identify with him personally as well as being representative of an ENTj. Seeing in the preview that he is married I think its safe to assume she's his dual wife. And overall the film speaks for the quadra values of four discrete personality types and all the subtle dichotomy nuances that goes with four personality types and their inter-type relationships. Overall you are saying the movie represents real to life inter types and archetype themes that are often associated with gamma quadra, correct?
    Sure. Main character is likely ENTj (SEE is a possibility also but less likely). His wife is also probably ESI. The other characters are a bit harder to evaluate. The values reflected in the movie and espoused by the protagonists seem Gamma. It has somewhat similar themes (and overall feel) to that of the Godfather. Only check the movie out if you actually want to see it. My mention of you along with the trailer was not a recommendation. It's just another gritty crime thriller that I'd figure you'd deem depressing so I posted it as a joke, hence the fuck-you (but who knows, maybe you'd like it). My avatars have less to do with me identifying with the characters and more to do with keeping up with the theme of highly motivated protagonists (or anti-heroes in the past two cases). I only identify with the highly motivated part. I suppose in this case I relate to more aspects of the main character but that wasn't the reason in choosing Abel as my avatar.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Contra

Its all good, you did not offend me what-so-ever. I didn't even mind it really, cause I knew you were just joking about the gritty dramas. You don't even need to apologize for it (I also hate apologizing for stupid things were no harm was meant, nor intended). Just, don't do it again

So I watched halfway through the movie before I fell asleep. Its a good show, I can also see LIE for the main guy. At the start of the movie his wife reminds him that they have no more money left, and he says something along the lines of "I know ".

These risky ventures also bother me, but it is better to trust the ones you love, and pick up the pieces afterwards. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I kept waiting for the ice to melt with the women. Kept waiting for some signs of vulnerability, anything that could connect. Kept waiting for some reciprocation between her and her husband. I haven't seen the end of the movie so I don't know if this happens, but so far, she seems like a Se-ESI I guess.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A most violent year is ESE (male lead) and SEI.

Wanna-be tough guy vibe, certainly... Just dunno where you peeeople see Ni/Se at all.

Gammas argue a lot. In movies. In threads (not just this thread..most threads). Intense group of folks.
    Last edited by blackburry; 04-02-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE-ni 8w7contraflow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hunger games: (even most of the actors seems to be gamma).

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the characters are mainly gamma SF's, (with an appearance of an ENTj at some point.)
    partying and robbing a bank = gamma, apparently.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've started watching vikings and alot of the main characters look gamma to me. I'm only on season 1 as of now.

Ragnar- SEE-Fi
    Ragnar_c1.png

Lagertha- SEE-Se
    0dee887e84cb66328f9847dd0ad95ea7.jpg

Earl Haraldson- LIE-Te
    History_Vikings_Meet_Earl_Haraldson_SF_HD_still_624x352.jpg

Floki- SEE-Se
    tumblr_mvhs8iZzHE1sp437lo1_500_zpsc1d00d67.png

Siggy Haraldson- ESI-Se
    vikings_s2_gallery_siggy-AB.jpeg

Athelstan- ILI-Ni
    hqdefault.jpg
    Last edited by Muddy; 08-14-2015 at 06:25 AM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    I've started watching vikings and alot of the main characters look gamma to me. I'm only on season 1 as of now.

Ragnar- SEE-Fi
    Ragnar_c1.png

Lagertha- SEE-Se

Earl Haraldson- LIE-Te

Floki- SEE-Se

Siggy Haraldson- ESI-Se

Athelstan- ILI-Ni
    hqdefault.jpg
    Nah, Ragnar is closer to SLE.

Athelstan is probably IEI, although the part about him being a bookish scribe kind of does make him seem ILI. I guess ILI would superficially work for him. He is becomes basically this fusion of christian and pagan world views. His character allowed the show's writers to explore the rich cultural differences, legends and myths of the times, while demonstrating the conflicting world views of the newly spreading christian faiths with a monothiestic God. Ragnar was basically deeply enamoured with him, as if Athelstan was some kind of special jewel. From the very start Ragnar wanted "the priest" by his side, and this become especially apparant when Ragnar was betrayed by Athelstan when he chose his faith over Ragnar. And even then Ragnar still, for lack of a better term, loved him. The guy was Ni incarnate, so Ni-dom works.

Siggy is ESI, no arguments there. I like how she redeemed herself for saving Lothbrooks kids in the frozen lake. She always knows what is going on between everyone, and she has that Se strength. I noticed how she basically supervised Ragnar through out the show. She had a power over him that he could never quite figure out, nor change. It wasnt altogether a positive relationship, but Siggy, despite her role as the slain Earl's wife, easily ingratiated herself in the new society run by Ragnar. He didnt like her, but he respected her and almost could not touch her, even if his trust for her fluctuated. She basically was always aware of how people should behave and wasnt shy about expressing such in one to one conversations. In the group, she prefered a background role. Also, the secret social climber.

SEE for Floki works. Such an interesting portrayl by the actor.

Lagertha is a difficult one for typing. I could see another SEE for her. Very powerful feminine figure, which is probably what the shows writers wanted to convey: the place women held in Norse society. Potential equal positions with men, which was demonstrated when she became the Earl, and when she could remarry if she chose. I am thinking back to the scene where her and Ragnar both came out naked to invite Athelstan to have sex with them. She was very aggressor type sexually in this scene, and I saw her and Ragnar as basically similar, Se-dom sociotypes.

Earl Haraldson played such a minor role, and only a little in the first season, he is difficult for typing. LIE could work, but there are key pieces missing.

Rolo is a difficult type to figure out. I'm going to say LIE for now
    Last edited by wacey; 12-04-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post

Ragnar- SEE-Fi
    Ragnar_c1.png

Lagertha- SEE-Se

Earl Haraldson- LIE-Te

Floki- SEE-Se

Siggy Haraldson- ESI-Se

Athelstan- ILI-Ni
    hqdefault.jpg
    I'm going to politely but firmly disagree with some of your typings here, because like for example Ragnar was so fucking morally reprehensible to me that I actually had to stop watching the show because he pissed me off that bad. He acted so fucking entitled to cheat, etc. I think he is some sort of 1D Fi type.

Lagertha ESI-Se, also type 8
    Bjorn SEE
    Siggy some sort of beta NF
    Ragnar's side bitch that I forgot the name of but hated, some sort of beta as fuck NF (aristocratic as hell)
    Siggy and Side Bitch were both playing beta NF aristocracy games with each other

IDK, fuck that show though. Fuck Ragnar, and fuck typing him as SEE-Fi. His virtues hit the bucket faster than China Town Turtles the instant Lagertha miscarried. Dude makes me burn with indignation.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 09-21-2022 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I'll submit some directors in general:
    Andrzej Zulawski
    William Friedkin
    Abel Ferrara
    Johnnie To

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm still somewhat new to all this but if I had to name some Gamma anime:

Anything that Gen Urobuchi (aka the Urobutcher) is involved in.
    Gakkou Gurashi (Look really, really closely at that cutesy first episode, things aren't as they appear)
    Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
    Kara No Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners

Any thoughts on that? Have I perhaps mistyped these shows as Gamma when they're really for another quadra?

TIM
    eii-ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Lynch

Yeah and possession https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4FlnFP5TGw Anna is ESI

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI - SEE duality

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the series a second time now, and I want to change that Rolo Lothbrook typing from LIE into SLI. The actor that plays him seems like gabin.

Two versions of Gabin: the talkative version and the quieter version:

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

At first I thought it was too gloomy, and the english dubbing kinda kills me, but I stuck with it just because of the cinematography... it's gorgeous. Now I'm hooked on the plot. It's very Ni+Fi heavy.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    At first I thought it was too gloomy, and the english dubbing kinda kills me, but I stuck with it just because of the cinematography... it's gorgeous. Now I'm hooked on the plot. It's very Ni+Fi heavy.

This looks very interesting. It reminds me of 'It' in some aspects. Have you seen 'The Killing' on Netflixs?

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    This looks very interesting. It reminds me of 'It' in some aspects. Have you seen 'The Killing' on Netflixs?
    Similarity to IT never occurred to me, but watching the trailer I think I see what you mean.. a team of kids, cycling time periods... they're not united and bonded like in IT though, at least not at this point. And the adults play an equal or larger role. The Killing has caught my eye, but I haven't watched it. I'll check it out if you think it's good.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    Similarity to IT never occurred to me, but watching the trailer I think I see what you mean.. a team of kids, cycling time periods... they're not united and bonded like in IT though, at least not at this point. And the adults play an equal or larger role. The Killing has caught my eye, but I haven't watched it. I'll check it out if you think it's good.
    I haven't seen Dark yet, but I was thinking, based on the trailer alone, the similarity was more in the complacency and illness of the town which allows evil(however defined) to endure and the recurrence of the evil involving the death of the youth.

Did you watch the full series?

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    I haven't seen Dark yet, but I was thinking, based on the trailer alone, the similarity was more in the complacency and illness of the town which allows evil(however defined) to endure and the recurrence of the evil involving the death of the youth.

Did you watch the full series?
    Ah! I see what you mean! I like that.

There's only one season out so far and I've seen 8 episodes? I think. Out of 10.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Punisher on Netflix is all Gamma. Lead LIE, his sidekick (Couple episodes in) ILI, almost EVERY female is ESI, all want to help rogue LIE in his task. Couple beta side characters but basically all Gamma. Simplified Fi to the max, if they're bad they die. It's a real hoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9A-tG_tPP4

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
    The Punisher on Netflix is all Gamma. Lead LIE, his sidekick (Couple episodes in) ILI, almost EVERY female is ESI, all want to help rogue LIE in his task. Couple beta side characters but basically all Gamma. Simplified Fi to the max, if they're bad they die. It's a real hoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9A-tG_tPP4
    I definitely agree, the entire time watching it I was just thinking about how Gamma themed the show was. Every Gamma value is showcased extremely well in Frank, from his desire to take out exclusively bad guys (Fi), his strategic planning skills (Ni), his grittiness/brutality (Se), and his preference for taking out enemies in the most effective way possible via guns unlike most other marvel heroes, notably Daredevil (Te).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
    The Punisher on Netflix is all Gamma. Lead LIE, his sidekick (Couple episodes in) ILI, almost EVERY female is ESI
    It's interesting, I believe shows that are majorly gamma such as this are kind of rare. It's good show though I prefer Daredevil a little bit more. Too bad they canceled both of them.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great film. The whole theme of existential conflict over the pursuit of a potentially compromised cause struck me as very topically gamma.

4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol those clips are great

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure she's eie in that movie though

it's a satirical representation of the female eie socionics portrait if it were fleshed out to the most ridiculous degree, she reminds me a lot of emma roberts' character from adult world, which is a pretty good fictional example of the beta vs delta clash in terms of their conflicting brands of aristocracy
    Last edited by wasp; 12-29-2021 at 01:52 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Emma Roberts plays an ENFp-Ne in Adult World.

That's Ne/Fi. IEE-Ne cognition does not structure feelings until after they've been expressed and thrown about, so Fi is put in the position of cleaning up the messiness of Ne. Ne subtype reinforces the multi-directional antennae. Hence, Amy has a more splayed out and impulsive cognition not present in the initial way in which Mavis sizes up and presents information (unless she's drunk). Fi/fe cognition metabolizes information in a more structured and pre-arranged manner.

Naturally, any socionics type can mistreat people and go through life narcissistically stuck in the past or future. narcissism is not particular to any one type, so in that way her and mavis may overlap in general behaviors/hang-ups. narcissism in ESI takes on a rather solipsistic flavor, like Mavis, who is contextually/interpersonally unaware and inside a world of her own...it makes almost every interaction people have with the narcissistic ESI awkward, choppy, and somewhat pointless, like attempting to play catch with a porcupine.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good look into gamma-delta Fi dynamics and how ESI Fi really works.

4w3-5w6-8w7

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast