Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gamma Quadra Movies and TV Shows

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

under the "comedy tv show" section of the forums at ipb.quicksilverscreen.com on like the second or third page there's a thread with a bunch of links... BUT the forum is down for maintenance at the moment. Bump this thread in a couple days and ill get you a direct link

Anyways ninjavideo should work, so long as you have the proper divx plug-ins. Try this,

1) Go to http://www.ninjavideo.net/video/4985

2) In red text above where the video screen is you should see a message that says "

Click here to launch the NinjaVideo Helper Beta 0.2.0

You must click yes on the security dialog.

The NinjaVideo Helper Beta 0.2.0 is required to view videos on NinjaVideo.net
    "

3) Click the link and launch the ninjavideo helper application. You'll get a security message. Allow and unblock the site when asked. You need to keep the application open in order to watch anything.

4) If this doesn't work report back here with what's not working and I'll figure it out and make it work (it works for me, though in the past I've had to troubleshoot). I have an eternal vendetta against technology and never accept defeat so may as well take advantage of this.

btw the main character, he has dark hair, works in an office, gives funny, *slightly* cynical commentary, is introverted, he's the ILI. Damn I'm bad with names. Anyways his roomate, the extroverted guy that's always getting himself into trouble on purpose lol, he's SEE.

Their constant bickering kinda reminds me of me and my SLE roomate but a bit different, haha
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    under the "comedy tv show" section of the forums at ipb.quicksilverscreen.com on like the second or third page there's a thread with a bunch of links... BUT the forum is down for maintenance at the moment. Bump this thread in a couple days and ill get you a direct link

Anyways ninjavideo should work, so long as you have the proper divx plug-ins. Try this,

1) Go to http://www.ninjavideo.net/video/4985

2) In red text above where the video screen is you should see a message that says "

Click here to launch the NinjaVideo Helper Beta 0.2.0

You must click yes on the security dialog.

The NinjaVideo Helper Beta 0.2.0 is required to view videos on NinjaVideo.net
    "

3) Click the link and launch the ninjavideo helper application. You'll get a security message. Allow and unblock the site when asked. You need to keep the application open in order to watch anything.

4) If this doesn't work report back here with what's not working and I'll figure it out and make it work (it works for me, though in the past I've had to troubleshoot). I have an eternal vendetta against technology and never accept defeat so may as well take advantage of this.

btw the main character, he has dark hair, works in an office, gives funny, *slightly* cynical commentary, is introverted, he's the ILI. Damn I'm bad with names. Anyways his roomate, the extroverted guy that's always getting himself into trouble on purpose lol, he's SEE.

Their constant bickering kinda reminds me of me and my SLE roomate but a bit different, haha
    cool! i also saw it here:
    http://www.pokergently.com/?p=79

it's pretty funny so far thanks for the recommendation!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

I just watched only a clip of it. And based on that I think it's more of a ESTp - INTp pair.

Who ever is the writer of that show, is most likely Se-dominant.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    Has anyone seen this british tv show? There's 5 seasons, each with 6 20 minute episodes. It's hilarious I strongly recommend it. Anyways I think the main character is ILI and his roommate is SEE. I think you Gammas would enjoy it, it's at ninjavideo.net
    Netflixed all 8 seasons of it a little while back :0

Peep Show looks quite NT gamma to me.
    The two comedians strike me pretty clearly as an ILI LIE duo from all their work in general. Their bits seem a bit too cold and intellectual for a ILI SEE pair. So I'd say for the actors themselves, we have: David Mitchell - ILI and Robert Webb - LIE. And then Peep Show in particular, Mark (Mitchell) plays out ILI and Jeremy (Webb).. maybe a LIE acting out the comedy dunce. Or, I could see Jeremy being a LIE acting as SEE, since the show is written more from Mark's perspective and that's kind of the behavior Mark would be looking for/focused towards.

A clip for the curious:

For a gamma SF duo in comedy I'd refer to Key and Peele :)
    I'd say: Key (tall and skinnier) - ESI and Peele - SEE. Cute guys with humor that's a bit dark.

Last edited by may; 10-18-2014 at 01:16 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 10 Things I Hate About You

Gamma movie: modern Taming of the Shrew remake, by Shakespeare.

Main characters:
    (Duality)
    Patrick Vernona..........Ni-LIE
    Kat Stratford...............Se-ESI

(Supervision)
    Kat Stratford...............Supervisee
    Bianca Stratford (Fi-IEE)..........Supervisor

(Duality)
    Cameron James..............Si-SLI
    Bianca Stratford...............Fi-IEE

(Supervision)
    Kat Stratford................Supervisor
    Joey Donner (Se-SLE)...........Supervisee

Other Characters
    Walter Stratford...........(Si-LSE)
    Micheal.......................(ILI/LSE/LII?)
    Ms. Perky...................(ESE?)
    Mandella....................(EII?)

Kat, the ESI main protagonist is the Shrew. Her sister, Bianca, is Kat's supervisor. I know, it doesn't seem like it, but Bianca always convinces Kat to let go and learn to trust other people. Patrick Verona is the LIE, originally paid by the SLE, Joey, to date Bianca's sister Kat so that Joey is allowed to date Bianca. LSE Walter is the father of Bianca and Kat, he won't allow either of them to date untill they are graduated from highschool. But, he just changed his rules, they may date, if Kat the older sister dates first, an unlikely scenario judging by her prickly personality. The plan unfolds with Cameron the SLI helping LIE Patrick to successfully court ESI Kat which was no easy task. Patrick is the charming, clever, witty, positivist who ends up melting Kats rough exterior, but she is a sensitive person with a heart of gold. Patrick lies many times to Kat, who won't for a second stand for it. She is very intelligent, moody, and athletic. Patrick tries to maintain a bad boy image. Throughout the movie Kat supervises the self absorbed Joey. Bianca dates Joey, but finds out how he really is not interested in her as a person, unlike SLI Cameron, who jumped through all kinds of hoops to get Bianca to notice him (rides home from parties, help with homework, help getting his Benefit partner, the ESI Kat to start dating so her sister is free). Sexy LIE Patrick ends up falling for the sporty, yet anti-social (she has her reasons) ESI Kat. Twisted Fi plot driven story. I have included a link to the entire movie, watch it and judge for yourself. This has got to be ESI/LIE duality......

Trailer:

Save yourself some time and watch the cliff notes:
    Last edited by wacey; 05-03-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Django

Alphaville : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzHThoav6hs

McCabe and Mrs Miller ? (great anti-Western by Altman) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GMczznlYH0
    (the female protagonist is Gamma-like and the conventional Western roles and hierarchies are nicely twisted)

I tend to think Citizen Kane is more of a "EIE after power " movie than Gamma ...but I'm not set on it.

Last edited by Amber; 03-03-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Barbara : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l3VRf3enx8
    (this is one of my favorite and it got a nice award at the Berlinale) - Her : ESI-Se; him : ESI-Fi imo

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True Detective

Rust Chole

ILI Archtype
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know i've typed this show delta before but:

Boy Meets World

left to right: shawn, topanga, cory, eric

Cory - ESI
    Shawn - SEE
    Topanga - LIE
    Mr. Feeney - ILI
    Eric - IEE
    Jack - SLI
    Mom & Dad & Morgan - irrelevant

i think i was confusing Fi/Te values for delta. regardless, this.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by suedehead; 07-26-2014 at 01:46 PM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

stay (2005)

TIM
    anatman
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am getting gamma vibes from the legend of korra. It's all very serious, political and businesslike, familial bonds and relationships are very important, and the heroes deal with and fix problems caused by beta groups and individuals.

TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ideae View Post
    I am getting gamma vibes from the legend of korra. It's all very serious, political and businesslike, familial bonds and relationships are very important, and the heroes deal with and fix problems caused by beta groups and individuals.
    Yes, Korra is more than likely gamma. The protagonist, Korra, is a SEE without much social skills in the beginning due to being confined in one area for most of her life, prone to quick and rash judgment, lack of impulse control and considering the consequences of her actions, etc. Not sure who else in the main cast is Gamma type (Asami could be ESI, maybe), but her mentor ever so happens to be conflictor, which is interesting (Tenzin - LII). The villains are Beta extremists who take their ideologies too far and lack balance.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vers View Post
    Yes, Korra is more than likely gamma. The protagonist, Korra, is a SEE without much social skills in the beginning due to being confined in one area for most of her life, prone to quick and rash judgment, lack of impulse control and considering the consequences of her actions, etc. Not sure who else in the main cast is Gamma type (Asami could be ESI, maybe), but her mentor ever so happens to be conflictor, which is interesting (Tenzin - LII). The villains are Beta extremists who take their ideologies too far and lack balance.
    Korra is SLE 8w7 sx/so

TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Korra is SLE 8w7 sx/so
    Why SLE > SEE? That's what I originally thought while watching S1, but I thought gamma values, Fi creative and Ti polr fit better (the enneagram looks solid).

TIM
    anatman
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

le bump

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by suedehead; 07-24-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

themes: moral fallenness, breaches of personal trust/faith, the meaning of innocence in modern society, and the endurance of integrity in the face of ethical hypocrisy. hoffman plays an LIE-Ni.

4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was pretty much bored through out that entire movie, but once it was over I decided I couldn't dislike it because of the overall message and just how thoughtful the movie was. It's kind of immaculate. Definitely Gamma. I had a similar experience with There Will Be Blood (though that's not necessarily gamma).

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inside Man

The Tourist- Johnny Depp plays possibly the most Gamma NT-like character I've ever seen.

Chronicle- Characters seem to be a group of Gammas as far as I can tell. It also deals with very Gamma themes of power and morality.

Thank You for Smoking
    Last edited by Contra; 04-02-2015 at 01:31 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Kingdom

Lawless- Less sure about this one. More of a feeling I get.

Dark Knight Rises- Bane seems Gamma NT to me.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't sure about The Dark Knight Rises (beta/gamma axis, though leaning gamma based on the style of corruption and how the characters are chronicled), but my tentative typing for Bane was Se-LSI, though I suppose I could see arguments for LIE (hard for me to see his 'rule' as that of an irrational type, let alone an IP).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I wasn't sure about The Dark Knight Rises (beta/gamma axis, though leaning gamma based on the style of corruption and how the characters are chronicled), but my tentative typing for Bane was Se-LSI, though I suppose I could see arguments for LIE (hard for me to see his 'rule' as that of an irrational type, let alone an IP).
    I thought of him as LIE, primarily. Though I suppose I could see him as an extremely motivated ILI, but I think that argument would require a bit more exposition as oppose to an argument for LIE. Anyway, a lot of the things he said sounded very Ni laden to me and his background story and I thought his reasons for what he was doing were more indicative of Fi along with his relation to Marion Cotillard's character.

I think it's rather hard to type fictional characters because it seems fictional characters almost have multiple layers each with their own type so it's easy to rationalize different types for each layers.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fault in our Stars

EDIT: Might actually be more delta.
    Last edited by wacey; 05-03-2015 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    The Fault in our Stars.
    FUN FACT, the guy who wrote this book is none other than Ne-EII John Green! the person whose video i linked to you the other day. the protagonists in john green novels tend to be EIIs (i've read two), although i haven't seen this movie yet.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I only looked at last page and did a quick thread search so don't know if this was mentioned. I feel the overall vibe is Gamma/Beta.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Crow
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe. I saw the whole protector thing as a bit LSI-esque though (not entirely sure what type cotillard's character was, possibly IEI or ILI), in the way they kind of hold it down, and he seemed a bit too... ideologically riled for a Te type, but I can't completely rule it out. could you expand on how you see Fi? overall, his mission seemed to have a collective tinge imo. and I agree about Ni, just don't know that it wasn't simply his agenda fixation.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    maybe. I saw the whole protector thing as a bit LSI-esque though (not entirely sure what type cotillard's character was, possibly IEI or ILI), in the way they kind of hold it down, and he seemed a bit too... ideologically riled for a Te type, but I can't completely rule it out. could you expand on how you see Fi? overall, his mission seemed to have a collective tinge imo. and I agree about Ni, just don't know that it wasn't simply his agenda fixation.
    After looking back at this, I think I agree with you. I think Bane's motivations were more Ti than Fi. When I had watched the movie the first time I had figured his motivations and his plan to be more Fi just with his relation to Cotillard but, looking at it now, I think Ti is much more clear in his plan. I'm not 100% sure he wouldn't be LIE or maybe even SLE because he kind of just seems extraverted, but I think Ti over Fi for now, at least.

I'd like to watch the movie again just to reevaluate but I know that won't be happening anytime soon.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the fault in our stars seems like something i should watch but i'm scared that i will either resent the sentimentality in it or it will make me too sad. cuz as far as i can tell from trailers and screenshots it was perfectly designed to rip my heart out.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lungs, you will cry several times. It's not sappy in the least, well, not anymore then reality can be. @Radio, is the protagonist in this movie an EII? Honestly, I'm not sure. I just can't see Ansel, her love interest as an LSE. I'm really trying to understand this stuff here, and feel as though I need to participate and make mistakes along the way so be it.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same. I was thinking on it more, and while I think there is a seemingly Fi element in his mission and relation to cotillard, the personal component isn't pronounced enough to make the former a kind of rogue renegade, or me-against-them-all vendetta, and the latter more than a resolute type protecting the weak. overall I think his motivations are a bit more ideological than a gamma, and while it isn't out of the question for an LIE to run things, I think you're a little more likely to get an LSI 'behind' a mission.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heartbreaker (2010) with Romain Duris as ESI and Vanessa Paradis as an ILI.
    "her smile has a window"

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 100% convinced that Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a Gamma movie. Ferris is SEE. Cameron is ILI. Sloan is Gamma SF (also hot).
    I've also been compared to Cameron by different people on something like 5 separate occasions, and I actually agree with them though I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Last edited by Contra; 11-29-2014 at 06:47 AM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I'm 100% convinced that Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a Gamma movie. Ferris is SEE. Cameron is ILI. Sloan is Gamma SF (also hot).
    Dunno, Cameron is too much of a doormat and Ferris is such a fucking prick that does't really care about his friends. Throughout the movie I just wanted Cameron to finally go and punch him.

edit:
    Gamma SFs, the Politicans (ESFP) and Conservators (ISFJ), are masters of exploiting interpersonal relations to ensure they get what *they* want at minimal personal cost
    Actually that is rather fitting. (link)

He's still a brat that needs to get punched tho lol.
    Last edited by your mudda; 04-02-2015 at 12:31 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rebranddd View Post
    Dunno, Cameron is too much of a doormat and Ferris is such a fucking prick that does't really care about his friends. Throughout the movie I just wanted Cameron to finally go and punch him.

edit:

Actually that is rather fitting. (link)

He's still a brat that needs to get punched tho lol.
    haha damn, maybe you are LII. Ferris was obviously selfish but I thought the interplay between him and cameron was pretty funny. I've known SEEs who manipulate in a really similar way to Ferris. Only when SEEs are immature and maybe just immoral do they get to be as manipulative as Ferris though, and Cameron's obviously an unhealthy Gamma NT (not sure which one he is anymore). I actually really liked Ferris, but I don't know how you would put up with his shit for very long at least in Cameron's position. Though I'm sure there has been worse gamma duality.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast