0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A SLIGHT preference for visual processing?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Auditory : 36%
    Visual : 63%
    Left : 40%
    Right : 60%

Kim, you possess an interesting balance of hemispheric and sensory characteristics, with a slight right-brain dominance and a slight preference for visual processing.

Since neither of these is completely centered, you lack the indecision and second-guessing associated with other patterns. You have a distinct preference for creativity and intuition with seemingly sufficient verbal skills to be able to translate in any meaningful way to yourself and others.

You tend to see things in "wholes" without surrendering the ability to attend to details. You can give them sufficient notice to be able to utitlize and incorporate them as part of an overall pattern.

In the same way, while you are active and process information simultaneously, you demonstrate a capacity for sequencing as well as reflection which allows for some "inner dialogue."

All in all, you are likely to be quite content with yourself and your style although at times it will not necessarily be appreciated by others. You have sufficient confidence to not second-guess yourself, but rather to use your critical faculties in a way that enhances, rather than limits, your creativity.

You can learn in either mode although far more efficiently within the visual mode. It is likely that in listening to conversations or lecture materials you simultaneously translate into pictures which enhance and elaborate on the meaning.

It is most likely that you will gravitate towards those endeavors which are predominantly visual but include some logic or structuring. You may either work particularly hard at cultivating your auditory skills or risk "missing out" on being able to efficiently process what you learn. Your own intuitive skills will at times interfere with your capacity to listen to others, which is something else you may need to take into account.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are my results:

Auditory : 42%
    Visual : 57%
    Left : 50%
    Right : 50%

You exhibit an even balance between left- and right- hemisphere dominance and a slight preference for visual over auditory processing. With a score this balanced, it is likely that you would have slightly different results each time you complete this self-assessment quiz.
    You are a well-rounded person, distinctly individualistic and artistic, an active and multidimensional learner. At the same time, you are logical and disciplined, can operate well within an organization, and are sensitive towards others without losing objectivity. You are organized and goal-directed. Although a "thinking" individual, you "take in" entire situations readily and can act on intuition.
    You sometimes tend to vacillate in your learning styles. Learning might take you longer than someone of equal intellect, but you will tend to be more thorough and retain the material longer than those other individuals. You will alternate between logic and impulse. This vacillation will not normally be intentional or deliberate, so you may experience anxiety in situations where you are not certain which aspect of yourself will be called on.
    With a slight preference for visual processing, you tend to be encompassing in your perceptions, process along multidimensional paths and be active in your attacking of situations or learning.
    Overall, you should feel content with your life and yourself. You are, perhaps, a little too critical of yourself -- and of others -- while maintaining an "openness" which tempers that tendency. Indecisiveness is a problem and your creativity may not be in keeping with your potential. Being a pragmatist, you downplay this aspect of yourself and focus on the more immediate, obvious and the more functional

Seems very similar to the INTP description on www.intp.org

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//.

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you be bursting my bubble? Unless you thought it might be insulting to me that I'm not actually an INTJ .I don't even know myself half the time what type I really am, and a decision I make regarding my type is often changed within 10 minutes of my making that decision . Any imput on this would be great, by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//.

Creepy-

Here are my results:
    Auditory : 35%
    Visual : 64%
    Left : 47%
    Right : 52%
    It also said this...
    "you exhibit an even balance between left- and right- hemisphere dominance and a slight preference for visual over auditory processing. With a score this balanced, it is likely that you would have slightly different results each time you complete this self-assessment quiz.

You are a well-rounded person, distinctly individualistic and artistic, an active and multidimensional learner. At the same time, you are logical and disciplined, can operate well within an organization, and are sensitive towards others without losing objectivity. You are organized and goal-directed. Although a "thinking" individual, you "take in" entire situations readily and can act on intuition.

You sometimes tend to vacillate in your learning styles. Learning might take you longer than someone of equal intellect, but you will tend to be more thorough and retain the material longer than those other individuals. You will alternate between logic and impulse. This vacillation will not normally be intentional or deliberate, so you may experience anxiety in situations where you are not certain which aspect of yourself will be called on.

With a slight preference for visual processing, you tend to be encompassing in your perceptions, process along multidimensional paths and be active in your attacking of situations or learning.

Overall, you should feel content with your life and yourself. You are, perhaps, a little too critical of yourself -- and of others -- while maintaining an "openness" which tempers that tendency. Indecisiveness is a problem and your creativity may not be in keeping with your potential. Being a pragmatist, you downplay this aspect of yourself and focus on the more immediate, obvious and the more functional."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

second time:
    Your Brain Usage Profile:

Auditory : 61%
    Visual : 38%
    Left : 35%
    Right : 65%

Compared to the first time I took this test

Auditory : 29%
    Visual : 70%

wierd. For me I guess it depend on what the question are.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auditory : 31%
    Visual : 68%

I'm not sure if I agree with the results... I always thought I was quite strongly right-brained. In a way, I envied the people with equal brain-strengths, because they were supposed to be smarter.

/---/

I opened another window and did another test.
    Right Brain |||| 16%
    Left Brain |||||||||||||||| 64%
    http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/brain.pl

Ok, now I am confused. PS! I copy-pasted it. I don't know where the 20% disappeared (16+64=100%? :wink: ) Oh well... another test

/---/
    You Are 30% Left Brained, 70% Right Brained
    http://www.blogthings.com/rightorleftbrainedquiz/

Thank you very much, no more tests right now.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From everything I've seen here I'm just gonna go ahead and say that this test doiesn't work well. Absolutely no consistancy.

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly. You always get a certain proportion of tests that are just completely out of wack, although I do find most uncertified tests fairly accurate.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    From everything I've seen here I'm just gonna go ahead and say that this test doiesn't work well. Absolutely no consistancy.
    Indeed, HarryBottom. And with that in mind, I officially accuse this test of committing the acts of inconsistency and the Barnum effect.

Take him away, officer!
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[kljl

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

olkjlkj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auditory : 52%
    Visual : 47%
    Left : 72%
    Right : 27%

I just took it again like an hour or two later

Auditory : 43%
    Visual : 56%
    Left : 22%
    Right : 77%

Werid!
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjlk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a guy ... Everyone has good memory... they just remember different things. ISTp's are just good with unassociated data,, which makes thems eem liek they have good memory because it resembled that of a computer while in reality its based on images that can be geometrically transformed and other sensory data, but they don't have the best memory. memory != array
    -Slava

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

;lkj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

///

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He might not remember people details. T types tend to not remember a lot of facts about others compared to the F's.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjl

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zxc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3
    6th function overload ...... must return 6th function currency ...... :-*

by the way... regarding the 6th function... the other day I did an experiment on my ESTp friend... i was in my car he was elaning into the driver window... 2 other people were near... i purposely focused on a possitive feeling and made my body transmit that feeling and my voice too... his hand was 10" away from mine... he reached and touche dmy hand... and then withdrew... then he was like... yo oh shit i just touched your hand, it was funny as hell cause he looked gay and didn't know why... my theory is that i send him possitive Fe, in a hidden manner, and he felt like he owed me and subconciously returned Fe in a more primitive manner... leading me to believe that ESTp's can be made to look gay if a gay guy were to give them love. Next experiment... bowing down to an ENTj girl
    -Slava

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[qudfgsdf

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might be ENFp ... because I know an ENFp and ENTj and the ENTj looked up to her initially but he can never not mess up her hidden agenda and always accidentally makes fun of her so now he just gave up and makes fun of her for kicks because he knows he can never please her. I however don't really know what you meant by crossing the line.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjl

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTJ's love "optimizing" their speech by packing as many concepts into one complex word as possible... meanwhile when we ENTP's speak we tend to break everything down into its simplest components... so him and you essentially just create work for one another. You have to define a funch of big words and string together their definitions to understand him, and he has to compact your small words into larger ones. You factor he expands. Its silly. If he starts anything just whip out some Ti on him, "because and ... because of that ... so therefore ... if your gunna ... because .... because ... because ..." (Finish HIM!!!) [Secret implication string] [ENTJ head explodes]
    -Slava

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    You might be ENFp ... because I know an ENFp and ENTj and the ENTj looked up to her initially but he can never not mess up her hidden agenda and always accidentally makes fun of her so now he just gave up and makes fun of her for kicks because he knows he can never please her. I however don't really know what you meant by crossing the line.
    ahh he pushes the sex conversations/jokes too quickly!
    I do that on the first conversation I have with loads of people.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjlk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in it, but here are my results:

Auditory : 52%
    Visual : 47%
    Left : 66%
    Right : 33%

Eidos, you are somewhat left-hemisphere dominant with a balanced preference for auditory and visual inputs. Because of your "centrist" tendencies, the distinctions between various types of brain usage are somewhat blurred.

Your tendency to be organized and logical and attend to details is reasonably well-established which should afford you success regardless of your chosen field of endeavor, unless it requires total spontaneity and ability to improvise, your weaker traits. However, you are far from rigid or overcontrolled. You possess a degree of individuality, perceptiveness, and trust in your intuition to function at much more sophisticated levels than most.

Having given sufficient attention to detail, you can readily perceive the larger aspects and implications of a situation or of learning. You are functional and practical, but can blend abstraction and theory into your framework readily.

The equivalence of your auditory and visual learning orientation gives you two equally effective sensory input systems, each with distinctive features. You can process both unidimensionally and multidimen- sionally with equal facility. When needed, you sequence material while at other times you "intake it all" and store it for processing later.

Your natural ability to use your senses is also synthesized in your way of learning. You can be reflective in your approach, absorbing material in a non-aggressive manner, and at other times voracious in seeking out stimulation and experience.

Overall you tend to be somewhat more critical of yourself than is necessary and avoid enjoying life too much because of a sense of duty. You feel somewhat constrained and tend to sometimes restrict your expressiveness. In any given situation, you will opt for the rational, and learning of almost any type should be easy for you. You might need certain ideas explained to you in order to fit them into your scheme of things, but you're at least open to that!
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    I'm a guy ... Everyone has good memory... they just remember different things. ISTp's are just good with unassociated data,, which makes thems eem liek they have good memory because it resembled that of a computer while in reality its based on images that can be geometrically transformed and other sensory data, but they don't have the best memory. memory != array
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainTypes.com
    Introversion (I): activated principally in back of brain—posterior to central sulcus

--understanding and comprehension of language (processed in left temporal lobe—Wernickes)

--5 senses (taking in world around self)

--touch and pressure (parietal lobe—which controls the primary sensory cortex.

Behind the primary sensory cortex is a large association area that controls fine sensation—weight, size, shape, etc.)

--smell and sound (temporal lobe)

--sight (occipital lobe)

--long-term memory—stored primarily posterior to central sulcus

--neuroscientists now suspect there are 4 separate memory systems in the brain (rather than one as long believed). Conscious memory of facts and events—hippocampus; associative learning (like Pavlovian conditioning)—cerebellum; emotional memories—amygdala; memories of learned skills—basal ganglia. These are posterior brain regions.

--In Alzheimer’s disease, long-term memory fades as the posterior brain cells die

--self awareness (parietal lobe)

--Introverts conserve energy whereas Extraverts expend it.

--reading (posterior region)

Dr. Kenneth Pugh, Psychiatrist and Medical Researcher at Yale, has been studying the neural pathways which are generated in good readers. When the brain is asked to go from the listening and speaking modes to the visual spatial, yet abstract production of reading, new relationships between regions in the cortex are formed. This is true for all written languages. Skilled readers have engineered neural networks, which take the visual sensory input from "eye to meaning" in about 150 milliseconds. This is done through the dominant path of the eye to three posterior gyrus (areas in the back half of the cortex). The lingual, fusiform and angular gyrus collaborate to convert letters into meaning.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkj

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

klj;kj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a test online to see where one would fall on that scale?
    -Slava

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kibbles & bits.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti = def l brain
    Te = l brain
    Ni = i think this could be either.
    Ne = right brained definitely!
    Fi = right
    Fe = left brained, definitely. social graces aren't always entirely natural for the r brain. not if it doesn't really feel it. i think the nuttier not so "normal" types have a lot of problems with this and if they do manifest it on the outside, they're doing it unconsciously or forcing themselves unnaturally.
    Se = either, i suppose. willing to guess it's a lot more l though.
    Si = either
    So, your saying I'm more left brained... Uh, Heh... No.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjlk
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast