Hybrid View

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by helvetica View Post
    I'm new to socionics. I don't quite understand how subtypes work. Are there really only two like wikisocion says? Neither seem too fitting, though I'm quite sure I'm EII.

Feel free to direct me elsewhere or explain yourself. However, I am trying to figure out which one I am, so if you'd like to do so for me that works also (I'd like reasoning behind it though). I can give any self-descriptions needed.
    In the original subtype theory there are two subtypes (I'm guessing these are the ones you read?)

Than there's the DCHN system which has four subtypes, but there aren't specific descriptions for how each type fits into them like the two-type system above

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    Some kind of convinced me (like Mia Wasikowska and Olga Kurylenko..their expressions seem like it at least. Not necessarily all of the characters, of course). I'm not sure about Tiger Woods and Jodie Foster. It's close, but they almost seem like LII to me.
    That site is rubbish IMO, I wouldn't take it seriously
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    That site is rubbish IMO, I wouldn't take it seriously
    I'm not taking it seriously myself. I'm puzzled on some of the choices, but I can see how they lined up some of them , VI-wise. Mia Wasikowska is a good guess, looks and personality wise (not that we can really know her personality from what's available..but she seems like it).

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I might be further confusing myself.
    I highly doubt I could be anything other than EII, but the subtypes confuse the hell out of me. I'm not terribly worried about them, just interested.

Yes, I did initially read the ones on wikisoicion. Neither seemed terribly fitting, despite how accurate the other descriptions of EII were on that site.

DCNH: I read the general descriptions, and the Gulenko ones (these) and the Harmonizing one seemed to fit best. I don't really understand the overall concept though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by helvetica View Post
    Well I might be further confusing myself.
    I highly doubt I could be anything other than EII, but the subtypes confuse the hell out of me. I'm not terribly worried about them, just interested.

Yes, I did initially read the ones on wikisoicion. Neither seemed terribly fitting, despite how accurate the other descriptions of EII were on that site.

DCNH: I read the general descriptions, and the Gulenko ones (these) and the Harmonizing one seemed to fit best. I don't really understand the overall concept though.
    There are 4 subtypes? I thought there were just two. I would be closer to "Harmonizer" as well (I've read that description somewhere, but I thought it was part of the Ne subtype description. Why does harmonizer have a symbol next to it?).

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 4 subtypes? I thought there were just two. I would be closer to "Harmonizer" as well (I've read that description somewhere, but I thought it was part of the Ne subtype description. Why does harmonizer have a symbol next to it?).
    Well it seems like there are according to those DCNH descriptions, but I really understand the concept.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the subtype system.

Accepting/Producing - 2
    DCNH - 4-8

Those are the only ones I've looked at, but I believe one has 16.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the DCNH descriptions on the wiki are provisional descriptions which were taken from the two-subtype descriptions written earlier. so the "harmonizing" description is taken directly from the Ne subtype description. (as is the "creative" description.)

harmonizing means more of an Ip-ish temperament and enhanced Ni and Si. i'm not sure why the symbol is there; perhaps harmonizing EIIs are thought to have strengthened Ni in particular because it is id and not superid? that would be my guess, but i'm not sure and can't really help there. i'm not very well-read on DCNH.

if you've already read the wiki descriptions of the two (Ne and Fi) subtypes of EII, then i'm not really sure what else to say because i think they are pretty distinct - the Fi subs being more serious and strictly principled, the Ne subtypes being more silly and dreamy. it was pretty apparent to me which suptype i was. i think the descriptions of EII overall without subtype delineation tend to heavily favor the Fi subtypes, so if you identify very strongly with them and can't decide your subtype, Fi sub would be my hunch.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    harmonizing means more of an Ip-ish temperament and enhanced Ni and Si. i'm not sure why the symbol is there; perhaps harmonizing EIIs are thought to have strengthened Ni in particular because it is id and not superid? that would be my guess, but i'm not sure and can't really help there. i'm not very well-read on DCNH.
    Yeah, the DCNH is evaluating enhanced temperaments. Being an EII-C, for instance, doesn't mean you value Se so much as you produce certain qualities and energy productions associated with the Ep temperament. I'm guessing an EII-C might appear as if they're skilled at Se, but it's all just a projection (I could be wrong about this, of course)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, that does help quite a bit. Thank you.
    laghlagh, you're probably right about Fi. That would make the most sense.