0 Thread(s)

Justin Timberlake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Justin Timberlake

That picture actually VI's like the lead singer from Linkin Park. Chester I believe his name is.

INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judge if he's ISFj from this (Conan is ENTj):

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=JKbJoWxq5HE&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simon has a cute butt.

He makes adorable faces.

I less than three him I guess you could say.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it was good, I was excited to watch it.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

conan has always irked me. simon, on the other hand, is great.

is conan really ENTj? what about ENTj for simon?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think discojoe's right. Conan's ENTj, Simon's ISFj. Most of his comments were . They are fun precisely because they were "bad" as in "I can't stand that song anymore" but said in a low-key way.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I think discojoe's right. Conan's ENTj, Simon's ISFj. Most of his comments were . They are fun precisely because they were "bad" as in "I can't stand that song anymore" but said in a low-key way.
    If dj and Expat agree on his ISFjness then who am I to refute it. They should know all about ISFjs and ENTjs . He doesn't seem ISTj to me anyways. And he does seem introvert there and not Fe. The comment about negative Fi makes sense too. I haven't before considered him as ISFj or even introvert but I haven't watched his shows too much. There is a good change that Paula is his supervisor. He does piss her of often but they still seem to get along each other ok in the end.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paula is addicted to painkillers because of the chronic pain she has from an accident a long ways back. So it is hard to truely judge. Plus...it's American Idol....
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    Paula is addicted to painkillers because of the chronic pain she has from an accident a long ways back. So it is hard to truely judge. Plus...it's American Idol....
    LMAO. For some reasons I find the phrase "addicted to painkillers" hilarious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe

I used to find the word "penalise" funny, but I don't see why that would be hilarious.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin

I used to find the word "penalise" funny, but I don't see why that would be hilarious.
    lol

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Condoleezza Rice, US secretary of state

I considered ENTj but I think ISFj may be more likely. I'm not yet sure which of the two.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judge Judy

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V is absolutely EIE. Beta all over the place.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V For Vendetta spoilers...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    V is absolutely EIE. Beta all over the place.
    (I'm just thinking out loud here, so correct me if/where I am wrong.)

How so? I thought almost everything he said came off heavily Fi. The theatrics seemed to be a hobby stemming from loneliness, an outlet for his enhanced mind in a world where intellectual stimulation can get you killed. I also think it is common for ISFjs to have an interest in theater and music and cinema. His speech at the BTN had Fe, but there was little rhetoric (exaggeration). It felt like strong, unwavering Fi the whole time, and the Fe felt secondary. He was unapologetically telling it like it is, with no concern for who would disagree with him.

When Evey asks if he killed Prothero, he has no trouble telling her he did, because he is more concerned with being right than with being political, though he obviously cares very much about genuine human suffering.

When he kept Evey captive under false pretenses so she would have an epiphany, (creative Se backing Fi, I think) Evey lashed out at him with Fe: "How could you?" "You cut my hair!" "I don't want to see you again!" And all the while V feels horrible and hopes she can see that he did it for her own good, but knows he made the right decision. By standing his ground and explaining himself unequivocally to Evey, she is rather easily swayed, and V is no longer being subjected to an Fe torrent. I think it's a INFp/ISFj benefit relationship, though I could be wrong about that.

Evey: You got to me? You did this to me? You cut my hair? You tortured me? You tortured me! Why?

V: You said you wanted to live without fear. I wish there'd been an easier way, but there wasn't.
    For Evey to live "without fear," V assumes she needs direct, kinesthetic experiences to harden her resolve and reshape her fearing world view. This sounds like creative Se to me...

ENFjs value Se, but it was stronger in V. His entire plan was executed in a very Se way. When something needed to be done, he literally went out and did it. He wanted butter, so he hijacked the Chancellor's food shipment (and no one knew of this but Evie and himself); he wanted justice for the deaths in St Mary's and the experiments that led to them, so he goes out and mercilessly slays everyone involved; he wants people to dress in his symbols during the revolution, so he bypasses government security and literally mails thousands of costumes to residences all throughout London.

He isn't subtle at all, or political. He sways people not through appealing only to their affiliations or by creating for them a grand vision, but by informing them of an evil that has been allowed to grow which needs to be stamped out, violently and permanently. In fact, he at no point espouses any vision, strategy, (the masks are as strategic as he went) or political philosophy; his concern is almost entirely with crushing the current regime, and the people can decide what to do afterward.

Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke.
    That sounds ISFj, though perhaps trivially.

Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.
    Heavy focus on Fi and Te, I think.

Delia Surridge: Oppenheimer was able to change more than the course of a war. He changed the entire course of human history. Is it wrong to hold on to that kind of hope?
    V: I have not come for what you hoped to do. I've come for what you did.
    I think that's a very ISFj thing to say. "It doesn't matter what your intentions were, or what your perspective was. You knowingly killed innocent people, so I'm going to end your life in kind."

Delia Surridge: [V gives her a rose] Are you going to kill me now?
    V: I killed you 10 minutes ago.
    [shows her hypodermic needle]
    V: While you slept.
    Delia Surridge: Is there any pain?
    V: No.
    Delia Surridge: Thank you. Is it too late to apologize?
    V: Never.
    Delia Surridge: I'm so sorry.
    [dies]
    Injecting her while she slept shows strong value of Fi. Accepting her apology here is not meant to secure "victory," (he won by killing her) he actually values her apology and believes she is genuinely sorry.

Chancellor Sutler seems like a much better ENFj candidate to me, and his regime reeks of Beta. ENGLAND PREVAILS and all that. Prothero is pretty clearly ESTp. Creedy is ISTj. At the end of the movie it's like LOL THE BETAS LOST.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the point of what V was doing was righting wrongs and punishing evil, and the theatrics where just part of his style (probably how he kept himself sane), definitely secondary to his main purpose. I think an ENFj would be concerned primarily with affecting the public's emotions, winning their support, and making himself into a hero. Yes, all of that happened, but it wasn't the point as far as he was concerned. V had no desire to be appreciated or praised, or to put himself in a favorable position. He did not appear to recognize or value a system of government as a way to solve problems, and he certainly didn't desire to place himself anywhere inside that system or any other.

It's obvious that he valued Se.

Ti/Fe would recognize and value the use of systems and the emotional support of the public as a way of accomplishing objectives (they may even be a large part of the objective).

Fi/Te would make it's own judgments about right and wrong and recognize "what works" as a way of accomplishing objectives.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    gay

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chancellor Sutler seems like a much better ENFj candidate to me, and his regime reeks of Beta. ENGLAND PREVAILS and all that. Prothero is pretty clearly ESTp. Creedy is ISTj. At the end of the movie it's like LOL THE BETAS LOST.
    I think this is a very common theme in western entertainment. Harry Potter series has a similar idea. Betas were represented as people who wished to impose their collectivist group order on everyone using force(voldemort). In these gamma-centric movies beta is displayed as corrupt power structures who don't mind stepping around human boundaries to reach goals. Fits with the idea that Western societies value Te and Fi very much-- Individualism over nationalism, groups with heirarchy where individuals don't always act with position in mind, etc.

Movies with positive display of Beta are usually 'coming up,' stories about triumph over insurmountable odds, or powerless people coming into power. Sometimes overturning other's order in favor of personal gain that helps community and friends.

Hot Fuzz was a good movie about an ISTj. I liked his speech about Law Enforcement to the kids in the school. "Police work is as much about preventing crime as it is about fighting crime. More importantly it is about procedural correctness in the execution of unquestionable moral authority." A very inspiring Ti quote.
    asd

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think it is common for ISFjs to have an interest in theater and music and cinema.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I also think it is common for ISFjs to have an interest in theater and music and cinema.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I appreciate ironic smilies, the statement is still ridiculous.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I appreciate ironic smilies, the statement is still ridiculous.
    The statement that I think something is true is ridiculous?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More the content of the thought. You of all people should know better than to attribute such things to type. Or perhaps you have a functional explanation in mind?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More the content of the thought. You of all people should know better than to attribute such things to type. Or perhaps you have a functional explanation in mind?
    It wasn't meant as a stand-alone description of ISFjs. I said it to try and dispel the possible notion that V was ENFj because of his hobbies. It wasn't an attribution to ISFjs so much as a counter-attribution to ENFjs.

The statement had the opposite implication that you were saying, and was not at all ridiculous.

You are wrong. Lol.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really see what you were responding to, but whatever.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really see what you were responding to, but whatever.
    Nice cop-out, though I guess it's a good tactic when you so thoroughly suck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linda Gray ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I just saw V for Vendetta, and I'd also say that V is ENFj to the max. I think the inspector Finch was supposed to be an ISFj, but I don't really know too many ISFJs. His comment about "It was a feeling" reminded me soo much of an ISFj!

And what type is Natalie Portman? I thought she was ESFp or ISFj, but she's kind of hard to type.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for meanness.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg...stfu

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seth Bullock of Deadwood

I think the actor, Timothy Olyphant might be as well...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nevermind.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)