@Expat: Good post, nice ideas. Your idea of how to view E and I based on contentedness with change or stasis is making more and more sense to me.

However, you examples, in trying to be true to the idea that extraverts take the initiative and that Sis are the caretakers, make it appear that only extraverts proclaim that they (or their partners) have needs, and furthermore that sensors have all the solutions. Most Socionic descriptions of duality and other positive relations suggest more of a two-way interaction (e.g., surely there's a problem the Sis have that the Nes solve??).

In my observations, introverts may make their needs known to their partners quite a bit, even though they take less initiative in social situations....although I'd agree that sometimes they communicate their needs non-verbally, and it takes their partners to draw them out.

One other thing that seems strange to me is that Ij is described as being comfortable with stasis, but still wants the change Ej offers anyway. It's a kind of contradiction, reflected in your wording. I would suspect that what Ijs get from Ejs isn't that they want to be taken out of their comfortable place. Rather, it seems to me more as if the Ej takes care of the changing stuff that the Ij fears so that the Ij doesn't have to and can thus remain in that comfortable non-change position.