Thread: Representation of functions within other functions

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Representation of functions within other functions

Do people experience mirrors, or representations, of other functions within their strong functions?

For example, it seems to me that within the context of Ni imagination, one might experience what appear to be all the functional/type possibilities.

Similarly, one might do the same with Ti...Some of Tcaud's earlier descriptions of XXXX types seemed like people who have re-created the entire Socion within their Ti.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether people like it or not, it is almost not usual not to see things in terms of your leading function, IMO. I would say that what you described is common practice for all the types.

But it is difficult to really address this issue, in all reality, because, if what I said is more true than not, then all you are getting from me is Ti and Ne, etc etc etc. But I think actually being aware, or conscious of that, lets you transcend it somewhat.

That's just speculation, though.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IM elements are relations between observed energies. Can ideas be related by a common structure, a framework which unifies them all together? Yes, and this relationship appears as having been indicated by Ne, not as a factor of relation between Ne aspects. There is a difference. Ideas can be related by a common framework, by a common logic -- a single theory which encompasses them all --, just as a set of external arrangements (laws of physics, for example) can define what is possible or impossible, or what can be imagined or what can't be.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you speaking of misrepresentation of functions within other functions, or a genuine representation?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Are you speaking of misrepresentation of functions within other functions, or a genuine representation?
    Well it's obvious that you wouldn't know the difference, would you?

Now there is another side to that also, the "functions within functions", that is a factor of one function being validated upon another. (or being expounded upon, as the case may be). Every moment of Ni is made up of Ne ideas; every Ne idea appears in the context of an Ni moment.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Meh. This shit is too... hippie like.

Where's the anger?
    Where's the guts?
    Where's the balls?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Well it's obvious that you wouldn't know the difference, would you?

Now there is another side to that also, the "functions within functions", that is a factor of one function being validated upon another. (or being expounded upon, as the case may be). Every moment of Ni is made up of Ne ideas; every Ne idea appears in the context of an Ni moment.
    You're an asshole. But, yes, fair enough, that is right.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Meh. This shit is too... hippie like.

Where's the anger?
    Where's the guts?
    Where's the balls?
    lol @ eie passion