Thread: hypothetical situation

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hypothetical situation

Let's say there's this family, and the parents are abusive/negligent in some way. The oldest child is an LSI, the middle a psycho (abusive) ILI, and the youngest an LSI. Let's say the oldest had to more or less raise the other two, to keep them safe from their parents, each other, and the outside world. What type would that oldest LSI look like?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'd look like an LSI. What a dumb question.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Let's say there's this family, and the parents are abusive/negligent in some way. The oldest child is an LSI, the middle a psycho (abusive) ILI, and the youngest an LSI. Let's say the oldest had to more or less raise the other two, to keep them safe from their parents, each other, and the outside world. What type would that oldest LSI look like?
    Joy? Is this about you joy? *looks at displayed type* Then SLE, of course.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DividedsGhost View Post
    Joy? Is this about you joy? *looks at displayed type* Then SLE, of course.
    Looks like a lot of things. Always a brave face... being the only one of the siblings to never have been admitted inpatient in "behavior health" for psychotic breaks and suicide attempts and so on. All parents and siblings having been suicidal at some point. Always having to be the strong one, and knowing damn well as a child (as best I could, having been totally sheltered from society) what would and wouldn't work to make the whole situation as safe as possible.

My little sister swears I've saved her life on a handful (if not more) occasions.
    SEE

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs tend to be great at being responsible, dutiful, etc, and a situation like that would only accentuate those qualities. Most likely, they'd look more obviously like their own type, not less.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    LSIs tend to be great at being responsible, dutiful, etc, and a situation like that would only accentuate those qualities. Most likely, they'd look more obviously like their own type, not less.
    Even if the abusive authority in his/her household when he/she was a child only responded to emotional fits?
    SEE

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are offered $1,000,000 USD (or the equivalent in whatever currency) for the following act: Before you are ten pistols -- only one of which is loaded. You must pick up one of the pistols, point it at your forehead, and pull the trigger. If you can do this and walk away you do so a millionaire. Would you accept the risk?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    You are offered $1,000,000 USD (or the equivalent in whatever currency) for the following act: Before you are ten pistols -- only one of which is loaded. You must pick up one of the pistols, point it at your forehead, and pull the trigger. If you can do this and walk away you do so a millionaire. Would you accept the risk?
    No. Unless I'm desperate for some reason I can't think of (because any reason I can think of I can also think of other solutions for).
    SEE

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are leading 100 people in a survivalist situation, when suddenly your lives are in danger and you must choose between two courses of action. One would cause 10 of the people to die and everyone else would live, the other would have a 70% chance of saving everyone but were it to fail then everyone would die. Which would you choose?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are leading 100 people in a survivalist situation, when suddenly your lives are in danger and you must choose between two courses of action. One would cause 10 of the people to die and everyone else would live, the other would have a 70% chance of saving everyone but were it to fail then everyone would die. Which would you choose?
    Do I get to pick the people to die? Cause chances are some people the group is better off without long term. (Think Jack from Lost.)
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If none of them are dangerous people (like Jack), just scared civilians and/or assets, then I'd take the 70% route.
    SEE

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm interesting

If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in 1% of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hmm interesting

If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in 1% of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?
    Of course. With a disclaimer.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-bg

if you could meet hitta in person but there was a 10% chance that he'd show up in nothing but tighty whities with an erection, would you go?
    Last edited by bg; 01-20-2012 at 11:44 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Yes, that's what I've seen around.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I would almost think this situation would make anyone seem more like an LSI or ESI, they are the "solid rocks" of the socion.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Looks like a lot of things. Always a brave face... being the only one of the siblings to never have been admitted inpatient in "behavior health" for psychotic breaks and suicide attempts and so on. All parents and siblings having been suicidal at some point. Always having to be the strong one, and knowing damn well as a child (as best I could, having been totally sheltered from society) what would and wouldn't work to make the whole situation as safe as possible.

My little sister swears I've saved her life on a handful (if not more) occasions.
    So what would you say was the cost of all that? If you don't mind me asking...

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    if you could meet hitta in person but there was a 10% chance that he'd show up in nothing but tighty whities with an erection, would you go?