Thread: Differences between ILE-ENTp and SLE-ESTp

Hybrid View

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhh, I have no idea what she is. that was infatuation talking. "omg she's my dual I'm in love yay" I'm actually thinking she's ESI because she looks a lot like madeline zima on the socionix gallery here: http://gallery.socionix.com/Gamma/Fi-ISFj/Zima/ . But I don't fully agree with ashton's typings so its hard to say what she is.

She's quiet, she's a hard worker, her eyes seem closed off to the world. She listens to armin van buuren and most of the same trance I listen to. She likes stability in life, she's terrified of uncertain adventure. She's a little anxious. She's super flirty when she opens up. Uh...

she asks me a bunch of judgemental questions:
    her: are you a one-upper? I don't like those.
    me: I had a friend on my buddy list who used to do that, it pissed me off.

me: my cell phone is always dead when I go off into the mountains to do things. So if I get stranded I have no clue what could happen.
    her: you probably just love the adventure so you never charge your cell phone. I would be terrified.
    me: uhh... well I don't charge my phone because I forget to. But I do like adventure...

She likes to talk a lot of trash and always has some witty comeback. The other day when I got her phone number I typed in her name and said, "is this how you spell your name?" (she looked down and it read "huge bitch") and she burst out laughing.

Another time I texted her, "hey its dj, this is my number. eat shit." She had a look on her face I couldn't interpret. It was simultaneously big eyed, shocked, saddened by what kind of person I am, and infatuated all at the same time? "I thought you cleaned up your sailor mouth." she said. A few minute later I walked up to her like, "you know I was just teasing you right?" she said, "yeah I was just messing with you" ???

So anyway that's who she is. She's confusing as hell. The other day I told her I like her and she's fun to hang around but if she wants to be more than that its really up to her at this point because I've already asked her out like 5 times. We still hang out at the bars and whatnot. Her friend was telling me how she told her all the funny stories I tell or something. Her friend and I talked all last night, and I'm having difficulty understanding if she was also flirting with me or whatever the fuck is going on.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 05-26-2012 at 11:42 PM.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Re: your type, I watched part of your video and I'm thinking ENTx > ESTx—you do seem spacey to me (though seeming that way doesn't imply lacking sensory awareness). And FWIW, your railing against reputation seems like a Democratic (α/ɣ) > Aristocratic (β/δ) attitude to me.
    Is that really a stronger argument against the load of stuff he kept typing out in this thread about his sensory shit?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalent existence View Post
    Is that really a stronger argument against the load of stuff he kept typing out in this thread about his sensory shit?
    Agree

DJ, both ENTp and ESTp can use Ne and Se just like ESFp and ENFp can use Ne and Se; because those are role functions.

The difference is which mode is one in naturally. I can use my Ti to start categorizing info and making rules to define categories, but I get too tired of doing this activity. I LEAN towards my feelings/ideals about things. I'm technically doing Ti now by saying "the difference is" and trying to tease apart the differences; it's something I can do, I just don't want to.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    What sensory shit…? I've only skimmed the thread thus far, but I see he enjoys physical activity, situational awareness, and the great outdoors. None of that suggests S > N, IMO.
    The way he described it sounded like it's basically his core. Because it was all he talked about.