Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
Ah, good question.

ENTp talks more in concepts and ideas and abstracts. ESTps is more grounded to 'raw reality' and the here and now.

I love ENTps to death, because we're almost duals anyway really (and I'm the lookalike of their duals, and vice-versa) but we both need somebody more physical and neither can provide.
lol yep this is one of the reasons I think I am ILE, my two good friends in highschool were SLE and IEI. Everytime I hang out with the IEI friend we get along really well and our intuitive abstract sense usually works together very well, but we end up not being grounded and realistic enough and we just sit around philosophizing and smoking weed all day. My SLE friend and me got along well for 1-2 years in which we were both curious/impressed by each other but then we started to always compete with each other because each of our egos were the other persons role. I wanted to believe I was really competent with Se, but I would lose interest quickly and go more abstract with the Ne....he wanted to believe he was really competent with the Ne, but he would lose interest and go back to be grounded. Eventually we would both try to one up each other and we'd get on each others nerves. I would use logic and intuition to make good arguments to annoy his mind, and he would use Se to just bulldoze through this all and go for the jugular saying things to upset me. I would remind him he wasn't good with his role function and he'd do the same to me. After something like 1-2 years of constantly being in a sort of cold war against each other, we finally learned to tolerate each other, but still the grounded/intuition thing constantly gets in the way... which is something I don't like about socionics. I think SLEs and ILEs can make a positive relationship if they know how to deal with that relationship. Its supposed to be competitive but the other persons ego is supposed to help you with developing and challenging your weaknesses. Some distance and mediation is required though, its a sort of competitive, mutual admiration at a distance thing.