Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
That said, I think it is clear that Rand values Se. She depicts characters that are ruthless in gaining their power, not hesitating to step on anyone's head to get to the top. This is perfect stereotypical unhealthy/greedy behavior.

There are two other factors that I would examine. Rand's characters take a bit of a "go it alone" approach; they don't keep many people close to them for too long or engage in any kind of "team" situations; this leads me to think Gamma>Beta, because Betas are very much "team players," like the stereotypical come-from-behind, underdog sports team, or the group of teenagers that bands together to ovethrow adult authoritarianism (think Heavyweights, Miracle, Mighty Ducks, etc.). Coming from this end, I would think LIE is more likely.

However, we should also take into account Rand's tendency towards extreme idealism and broad-based worldviews which could indicate a Ti preference. If we give this more weight, I would say LSI is more likely.

All things considered, including VI, I would tend to think LIE.
I think this is a good summary of the situation. I agree with the observation that there are indications of a Ti preference, and I also think that her strong individualism might be interpreted as coming from an introverted type, but overall I think that the arguments for LIE are stronger. And at least to me, her worldview and way or arguing are so strongly NT that I really can't see her as an LSI. So, LIE is the most likely type in my opinion.