Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apologizing to an IEI/INFp in relationship

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DO NOT SEEK THE CHEESE. IT IS TOO EARLY IN THE MIDAFTERNOON FOR DEATH. YOU ARE A TERRIBLE DISCIPLE.

AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY PETALS FELL IN PETALUMA; LEWIS, BE DEAD.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Can you give an example?
    Not any one specific occurance, just in general are probobly the most indirective, confusing types of all. For me, at least. Never quite know if I'm liked in their presence or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Can you give an example?
    Not any one specific occurance, just in general are probobly the most indirective, confusing types of all. For me, at least. Never quite know if I'm liked in their presence or not.
    Oh. You mean indirective in emotional way. That's probably true. The problem with INFp is indecisiveness and hesitation. So they probably dont even know themselves whether they like you or not. In their mind they go like "I love her..no I hate her..no..do I love her or hate her? shit...". That's why ESTp is their dual. Someone who declares to them what they should think and feel. "Do this", "Think that", "Love me!". So in your case INFps just reflect your own indecisiveness. If you would be decisive and tell to them "I want you to love me" then they would. The harder you love them the harder they love back. If you stand there wondering "Does he love me?" then INFp stands there wondering the same thing. They basically mirror the feelings and emotions of the person they are with.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you give an example?
    Oh. You mean indirective in emotional way. That's probably true. The problem with INFp is indecisiveness and hesitation. So they probably dont even know themselves whether they like you or not. In their mind they go like "I love her..no I hate her..no..do I love her or hate her? shit...". That's why ESTp is their dual. Someone who declares to them what they should think and feel. "Do this", "Think that", "Love me!". So in your case INFps just reflect your own indecisiveness. If you would be decisive and tell to them "I want you to love me" then they would. The harder you love them the harder they love back. If you stand there wondering "Does he love me?" then INFp stands there wondering the same thing. They basically mirror the feelings and emotions of the person they are with.
    Hmm, that does make a lot of sense, nicely put. I shall now turn myself into an ESTP!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    I actually like it when INFps are confusing, in a way. I like trying to figure them out
    Me too.
    yeah me too. they're like a puzzle.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you give an example?
    Funny. That's how I feel most of the time around other people.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFP's are so indirect, argh. I can never be sure what they're saying, so esoteric.

I want to change them, but first I need to change myself.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk why harry partch isn't in that. see http://www.answers.com/topic/and-on-...ch-instruments

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp gets confusing when confused. If they can't read you, or you're confused, then INFp's will sorta spin themselves into an exhausted frenzy trying "to understand" (hidden agenda). Tell them, clearly, directly and often. No more confusion.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the impression they need a constant, verbal "I LIKE YOU, PLEASE TALK TO ME". I can't do that. I hate being the one to take initiative. I guess i'm also indirect

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to meet my dual to help me figure shit out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the impression they need a constant, verbal "I LIKE YOU, PLEASE TALK TO ME".
    I think that would be more INTp. INFps expect more something like "YOU LIKE ME! SO TALK TO ME!". At least that how it is in theory. INTps need you to show more "personal" feeling and INFps need you to be more demanding. INTps expect more that Fi stuff ("I like you" and all that) where INFps just expect you to clearly state what you want from them. What you need.

Anyways you are pretty cool

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the impression they need a constant, verbal "I LIKE YOU, PLEASE TALK TO ME".
    I think that would be more INTp. INFps expect more something like "YOU LIKE ME! SO TALK TO ME!". At least that how it is in theory. INTps need you to show more "personal" feeling and INFps need you to be more demanding. INTps expect more that Fi stuff ("I like you" and all that) where INFps just expect you to clearly state what you want from them. What you need.

Which sounds weird to me because INTp's are all about not showing emotion and do not value emotional sentiment, then why do they need "I like you" and all that?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir

Which sounds weird to me because INTp's are all about not showing emotion and do not value emotional sentiment, then why do they need "I like you" and all that?
    Cause INTps have Fi as a dual-seeking function. Also being logical types they are less confident in expressing/understanding emotional things.

Although I find that both INFps and INTps tend to be unsure about how other's actually feel about them. I often wonder, when I'm with a person I don't know too well, "what does this person think about me? what does this person want from me? if I say/do this how will they react?" And then I get so busy wondering about these things that I don't do/say anything and I never end up finding out.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Attn: INFP's

How are your relationships with ISTP's? Also, I get the impression this type enjoys pushy people. Is this true? Why or why not?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was very good friends with a male ISTp in high school and college and we also dated for about 6 months in college. We were both artsy types and felt different from the rest of the group so we found a lot of understanding with each other. I admired him very much. We broke up and went our separate ways mostly just because we were headed in different directions. But our actual relationship was great. There wasn't a ton of talking (which I was comfortable with)--it was mostly having fun together--he would take me for rides on his motorcycle and we would see movies and go out to eat, go to concerts, etc. He was great--very creative--he would come up with the ideas and I'd go along with it. We would drive around with my camera and take fun pictures of weird places. I would read his short stories and listen to him play the saxophone. He definitely played the leader in the relationship--he would be the one to call me and initiate. I don't know if he grew tired of that role or what. He seemed to be okay with it at the time.

As for pushy people--yeah I enjoy pushy people. It's like I need that extra energy to get me up and moving. I'm easily swayed and I enjoy it, generally speaking. It's not hard for me to say no to things I really don't want to do but if it's a friend asking me to go out, I like pushiness. It makes me feel wanted. I find the insistence reassuring.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it depends on how you define "pushy". I don't like pushiness in an aggressive sense or being told what to do. I can relate to what redbaron said about feeling wanted though. In this sense I do find insistence reassuring.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    How are your relationships with ISTP's?
    I'm not immediately aware of any ISTps in my general environment.

Also, I get the impression this type enjoys pushy people. Is this true? Why or why not?
    Not sure why you'd get that impression.

I personally don't like pushy; I perceive pushy as intrusive, and that's a big no-no. In fact, I rather prefer the subtle but sustained approach. I also like not having to do ALL the work in a friendship or relationship, so as long as someone is moderately reciprocal, I'm fine. If I'm always doing the initiating, asking, suggesting, then I begin to feel like I'm out on a limb by myself.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I like ISTp's, and I suppose they're generally pretty attractive to me. I haven't really had any long relations with them, but they are usually easy for me to talk to. Relationships with them are hard to start though, as we both tend to be withdrawn.
    Yep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like ISTp's, and I suppose they're generally pretty attractive to me. I haven't really had any long relations with them, but they are usually easy for me to talk to. Relationships with them are hard to start though, as we both tend to be withdrawn.
    Yeah, I agree. It's a shame it's like this. I really enjoy them.

I just feel like everything I say to them is taken out of context and i get the feeling they perceive me as being cruel and overly harsh. Dunno...it's the walking on eggshells feeling all the time. I'm just curious if they get this impression from istp's and how us istp's could change that. Oh but wait, i forgot i'm also an estp so this shouldn't be a problem. Silly me!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree. It's a shame it's like this. I really enjoy them.

I just feel like everything I say to them is taken out of context and i get the feeling they perceive me as being cruel and overly harsh. Dunno...it's the walking on eggshells feeling all the time. I'm just curious if they get this impression from istp's and how us istp's could change that. Oh but wait, i forgot i'm also an estp so this shouldn't be a problem. Silly me!
    I hope they don't think that... I find INFps pretty hot.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think it's pushiness so much as wanting somebody that can physically (what I mean by that is visibly, obviously) protect us. This does usually require some sort of pushiness but I'm not sure we want that to be directed towards us per se.

And no, I can't stand up for myself that well and I never will be able to no matter how much one tries to change this about me. It's my Achilles' heel. Is this true for all INFps? I'm not sure. But I simply think it's quite impossible to remain loveable and romantic and also tough. The two can't co-exist, it doesn't make sense if they do (would be like all of a sudden a deer turning into a shark) so for better or worse, I am soft and loving not tough and strong.

I will get along best with people who can accept that I will never be powerful and I will always be dependent on others to protect me. In my mind, I view an ESTp as somebody that will appreciate this quality instead of trying to change it. They won't even view it as a weakness at all, which will help cure my neuroses.

I fear being taken advantage of because I'm not strong. I am too *smart* to be manipulated usually, but not always.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I know any ISTps well irl. But I don't perceive you as overly harsh or cruel, Jessica.

As for pushiness... um... sort of echoing what others have said already, it depends on the *sort* of pushiness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't think I know any ISTps well irl. But I don't perceive you as overly harsh or cruel, Jessica.

As for pushiness... um... sort of echoing what others have said already, it depends on the *sort* of pushiness.
    hey you! let's conceive.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ftr every IEI I've met has seemed pretty cool fyi, mfhd. Violent Love, optional.

<3
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    ftr fyi, mfhd.
    whoa what do these mean? My head hurts today.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa what do these mean? My head hurts today.
    ftr=for the record
    fyi=for your information

and I don't know the other one either! lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

munenori, what does that last one mean? He's got me outclassed. I never know what internet acronyms are. Other than the easy ones..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah mune wtf.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    yeah mune wtf.
    what does "mune" stand for?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    what does "mune" stand for?
    short for munenori2, I assume.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    short for munenori2, I assume.
    (I know that, silly. You spoiled the fun.)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    (I know that, silly. You spoiled the fun.)
    sorry!!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    sorry!!
    w/e

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those were the funniest 5 posts I've read in a long time.

I don't know why.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the IEI Violent Love theme song, even though I never want to admit it. <3
    there's a song??
    IEI-Fe 4w3

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCcPzaaSvqQ

Made popular in the chats by Allie <3
    Oh my, my.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ATTN: INFP's

What's up? We're dualz now. What's your favorite color? What's your favorite band? Do you enjoy long walks on the beach? What size shoe do you wear? What do you eat for breakfast?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's up? We're dualz now. What's your favorite color? What's your favorite band? Do you enjoy long walks on the beach? What size shoe do you wear? What do you eat for breakfast?
    Duals? Since when

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Duals? Since when
    Since yesterday when everyone but me decided i'm ESTP.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast