I stumbled upon this site after looking for information on Brain Types. I am confused as to what type I would be. I suppose this comes from not fully understanding Socionics. So forgive my ignorance. My MBTI type is INFP - I have done the official test twice and other online tests and I am always an INFP. Always.
I believe I am an Enneagram type 4. I don't know that much about the Enneagram but I guess I would be a 4w5. I have never taken an official test but every online test I come out as a 4w5 - one test as a 4x5 sp/so/sx. Although I do have 3 tendencies.
Some points about myself:
1. I like artistic things. I enjoy going to art galleries and just looking at the art and thinking about how a certain piece of work moves me, what it's trying to convey etc. I love the performing arts as well. Again, the ability to move others is a driving force for my attraction to those things.
2. I'm a hoarder. I keep things that are of sentimental to me. I have children's books that I loved when I was a child and I'm in my late twenties.
3. I have very few friends. Sure, I have people I speak to but to me friends are more than that. This is partially due to choice and the way I act. I have no time for superficial relationships. I try to avoid bitching behind people's backs. Ideally, if you have a problem with someone deal with it together, let them know how you feel because bitching isn't really going to change anything in the long run. Anyway, I come across as aloof and uninterested. However, I don't really like to show my emotions too much. I guess from young I've been told not to cry even though I get emotional quite easily.
4. I do have an eye for fashion and colour - people have told me that. However, I never really bother with make up even when I've got acne unless it's really bad. I guess my view is like it or leave it. This is me. Yet if I wanted to I could be very well put together.
5. I can get quite competitive if I know that I am good at something. I remember as a child being jealous of the new girl from Japan who drew anime characters. I remember being determined to be better than her although I was friendly to her etc. I didn't hate her I was just jealous...lol. IIRC right up to that point I was known as the one who was the best artist.
6. I am quite a shy person. As someone who loves dancing, I often feel extremely self conscious on stage. I like to get things perfect I guess this comes from being self conscious. Or at least have the confidence that I know the steps or feel confident enough to improv. However, at times I love the rush of being on stage and moving the audience. I guess I have this inner conflict of hiding myself and creating something to be experienced.
7. I tend to hyperfocus. Sometimes you can call me and I will not hear you as I am so deep in thought. I can stare at something and my thoughts have drifted to some far away place. However, if I find something boring I can't concentrate. I need to mix the activity with something I like. Of course this is different if there is a work deadline I need to meet.
8. I usually have doubts about my decisions. But when things feel right I am very determined.
9. I'm pretty sure that my Brain Type is INFP. I think. When I dance I notice that my movements are very fluid etc. I can dance like I have no bones.
10. When I'm happy, people find me charming, funny, witty, cheeky etc. I have interesting expressions for things that people find amusing. Although, I find it easier to be witty etc when writing. I'm sorry that this is such a long winded and boring post.
So how does that sound? What type(s) do you think of when you hear how I describe myself? Oh and thanks for reading and replying.