Quote Originally Posted by implied
you can read through the literature and generally, ESFjs are more or less really stimulated by intellectual discussion.
Can you show me one concrete example from the literature where it says that ESFjs are stimulated by intellectual discussion? Maybe you mean something different than I do by the expression "intellectual discussion", but I have neither seen that trait of ESFjs mentioned anywhere in the literature, nor have I ever (not even once) met an ESFj who have been "stimulated by intellectual discussion". ESFjs are among the worst enemies of intellectual discussions in my opinion. (I'm not saying that ESFps are much better than ESFjs in that respect.)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
i think even the turbo-type assistant on socionics.com states that an ESFj wants a partner with whom they can discuss intellectual topics.
Quote Originally Posted by Socionics Type Assistant TURBO
In a relationship you seek excitement via an emotional bond with your partner. You skillfully combine your enthusiasm with an aesthetical understanding both at your home and in your appearance. A secure and predictable future is very important to you both in your personal and professional life. You like to see things simple and clear and the necessity to understand complicated things makes you nervous.
If that is supposed to show that ESFjs want to discuss intellectual topics, it is the exact opposite of what I have in mind when I use the expression "intellectual discussion".