Thread: Smilex's type

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder

Pardon the bringing up of deleted posts, but Smilingeyes' outburst is surprising coming from a supposed Delta.

(ESTjs are known for characteristic burst of anger, right?)
    (I know I had one in my type thread, too.)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smilex...are you like...ok? You seem a bit stressed. Perhaps you work too much or something. Or you are ExTp lol.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Smilex...are you like...ok? You seem a bit stressed. Perhaps you work too much or something. Or you are ExTp lol.
    Yeah, weak Fi = insults.

I think he's an ESTp and needs some alchool to feel better about his lack of love for humanity.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Yeah, weak Fi = insults.

I think he's an ESTp and needs some alchool to feel better about his lack of love for humanity.
    Well ESTjs have weak Fi too. In any case he should change his nick to "Bulgingeyes" for that

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Yeah, weak Fi = insults.

lol. party on dude. :wink:

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Are you implying that he would be another existing socionics type, or a new "type" - i.e., on a different kind of level (e.g., more integrated)?
    What I meant and said is:

1) In principle I don't believe in type change, not in the way he describes, as ESFj -> ENFj -> ENTj -> ESTj in different stages in life from childhood to -- adulthood. But I might be proved wrong.
    2) Assuming that there is no type change, then, obviously, he must be one socionics type and he's simply mistaken about (1).
    3) In that case, if he's one single type but perceived such a supposed change in himself, personally I find likely that that one single type would be none of the 4. But perhaps it could be one of those, too.

I think that what I'm saying is very clear. And no, I'm not suggesting any "new type" of any sort.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    @ Expat and implied: I find it strange and wonder why you hesitate to discuss the differences between / and / in this particular thread while in so many others you have seemed quite willing to delve into and explain your opinions and thoughts. Discussions with Phaedrus and XoX come to mind, for example. What might be different about this situation?
    As far as I'm concerned, it's different because I can't always be bothered. During the XoX thread, at least in theory XoX was actually asking about his type, even as he was trying to twist all the input towards an INTp conclusion. But at least it was possible to have something like a real discussion. That is not the case here, as Smilingeyes's tantrum demonstrated. Anyway, my views on Fe and Fi are in the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    In any case, I, personally, would appreciate an explanation of why Smilingeyes' response sounds Fe'ish. Is it the "warmth" part?

I know it can be unwise to theorize based on individual experiences or circumstances, but when I (who I assume am Fi dominant) am close to someone, I show them more consistent warmth than I do people who I am not as close to. Perhaps that is what he is referring to, a bond wherein warmth can be consistently found? If that is not Fi or if I have otherwise misunderstood, please explain it to me.
    It's not so much what he's saying, it's the priority he seems to be giving to what.

Things like these:

The tone of how Danielle and Minde talk on the forum really does it for me, but actually I think I'd like to really live with someone just a small tad happier
    I'd like them to actually supply most of the warmth in the relationship, but not overdo it, just sort of give a warm response to my attentions.
    These are Fe concerns. And no, not Fi + Ne. I know very well why he said it but imo it's because he doesn't really understand what Fi is.

What you are saying, Minde, is that warmth emerges if you have a bond. Fe as a consequence of Fi. The way Smilingeyes put it - and I can only evaluate what he writes, since I can't read minds - suggests the opposite order. The Fi bond can only be there in the presence of "warmth" and "a happy tone of talk" and a "warm response to attentions". Fi as a consequence of Fe.

The thing is that you take for granted that when he talks about Fe, Fi is implicit. He seems to take for granted that there can be no Fi without Fe.

The above is my interpretation of what's been written.

@Smilingeyes: there is no point in replying if all you can say is how I suck etc, is there?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I'd like them to actually supply most of the warmth in the relationship, but not overdo it, just sort of give a warm response to my attentions.
    For what it's worth, if this is related to Fe it seems to be hidden agenda Fe - he says he wants it, but not way too much of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How do you think you fit into Delta?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAN. JOIN THE CLUB.

(Anyone with a naked guy as their picture is SLE. Mine is naked, if you watch the film you'll see that he is.)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the Se. And Ti.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smilingeyes, join me my precious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Smilex's ESTj

Comments?

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10854
    Type: TeSi - ESTj - LSE
    aka Sherlock Holmes aka Stirlitz aka Administrator aka Director

Club: Pragmatic (ST)
    The type's thoughts and actions are both external in the sense that it is easy to make sense of them, easy to see what is doing and easy to accept or discard. It takes a concrete stand in both thought and action. It is bold, practical, active. It interacts on the level of the body, but not at the level of the mind.

Quadra: Delta
    Acceptance of communal, objective morals, but only in a calcified, ritual, mechanical way. Seeking personal applications for them. Twisting rules to see how far they bend. Gathering personal resources, creating personally effective/comfortable havens. Peasant or working class ethics. A sense of tiredness/boredom. A calm and peaceful mind. "Society exists to protect deltas from betas". Covering one's own interests in a generally acceptable way. The voice of experience. Avoidance of risk. Perfectly, personally optimized systems.

Analysis of strategy cycle: Emotion-creating->Tactics
    After having spent a lot of time trying new things, it's chosen a path that it's decided to walk, at least for the moment. It is not certain of it's way but it doesn't want to just hang around all the time, it wants to get somewhere, so it decides to trust it's experience and try what it knows in practice. It's quite ready to go back and choose another path, but it would like to become an expert in its chosen methods.

Analysis of calculative cycle: Compliant->Calculative
    It thinks it has sufficient resources and knowledge to spread its wings and try to push a bit, make some personal choices, deviate slightly from the most careful path, throw its weight around. It begins investing what it's collected.

Temperament analysis: EJ (Hot, dynamic, rational)
    It relates to a system of thought in which you first analyze the environment's concrete needs and dangers and make a theory of how to correctly interact with it, and then test this theory by interaction. Uses energy for things that it doesn't directly need to. Is highly responsive to stimuli. Tries to turn theories into practice.

Aristocratic/democratic type: Aristocratic
    It is inclined to test theories and systems of morality in action, and thereby twist them until they break. By its actions it changes the 'judging' to the 'perceiving'. It tends to understand rules, theories, systems, feelings and social relations in a definite, binding way and do what they make it do. But the activity that it is pushed to, makes it question the original idea that made it act.

Negative/positive type: Negative
    It is inclined to accept a restricted sense of identity, 'retreat from the world', 'hide itself', inclined to talk mostly about negatives and restrictions, concentrates on problems and solving them. By its actions it turns the 'limiting' into the 'empowering'. 'Once all the work is done, what remains is free time', 'once all the enemies are done with, what remains is friends', 'once I get rid of my chains, I'm free'. Inclined to make the atmosphere more negative, wary.

Result/process type: Process
    It is determined, focused, single-minded in action. It is a change-agent. It tries to bring its resources together to succeed in a single task at a time. By its actions it turns the 'accepting' into the creating'. It takes the base for its actions as granted and natural and tries to reach a conclusion.

Taciturn/narrator type: Taciturn
    Has no complete, total system to guide it's life, but a number of selected items and ideas that it tries to fit together as best as it can. It tries to make sense of things, tries to solve inconsistencies. By its actions it turns 'extrovert' into 'introvert', something that is well defined into implications. It's speculative.

Type spotting:
    Gulenko:
    1. Rapid, clear, sober mind. He knows how to act in an intelligent and logical way. His bearing is sporty, facial traits are sharp and coarse, as if carved from granite, and by this all – covert nervousness, high internal emotionality. His motto sounds: force, integrity and a sense of duty. He is a born scout – he collects information using all available channels until he achieves an absolutely clear picture that provides him with indemnity to act for sure.

2. "All I do is done well". One more quotation: "There is a gift which is always characteristic of great baseball players and teams. This is onslaught. This is the capability to run more rapidly then one is required to, to move more quickly than one is required to, to be more impertinent than one is required to” (Ph.Brooks). Initiative is habitual to him; he is decisive, likes to be the center of attention. He defends his ideas with guts and fervor. In front of his superiors he is not shy, even becomes aggressive. He knows that business only then goes perfectly if the necessary tempo is set from the very beginning. He does not tolerate procrastination, is an ardent struggler for quality and thoroughness in all work. A good army officer. Like Thomas Edison, a representative of this type is capable of working 19.5 hours a day.

3. "Rage is a mighty god of the strong". He tends to take other people out of the condition of complacency. He does not speak much about what is good, considers it self-evident. With his grumbling emotions he strives to extinguish emotions of others. He believes that redundant emotions tire people, and this is absolutely true if applied to his dual (The Humanist). During a conversation he pressures his interlocutor, even tries to intimidate him, but if people do not fear him, he becomes courteous and polite. Fury is his line of defense in a situation of emergency in which he feels otherwise helpless. The aim of his fury is to mobilize his partner, and when this is achieved, he calms down.

4. Belief in playing fair. He considers obedience to rules to be a strength trait. He does not tolerate slyness and deviousness, hates cheaters and dodgy folks. "Political maneuvers may produce a quick effect, but a truly lasting and tangible results can be reached only through hard work" (Kim Philby). He likes order. Having bought a new thing, he will for sure read the manual and only then will switch it on. The famous traveler Roald Amundsen managed to avoid extreme situations all his life. "Victory awaits those who keep things orderly”, he used to say, “and this is what we call good fortune". A believer in honest labour. "If everything seems to be easy, this is an infallible evidence that the worker is far from being skilled and that the work is above his competence" (Leonardo Da Vinci).

5. "A reserved force characteristic for military officers". He looks well built, has a straight bearing even if he has never served in the army. He dresses well and elegantly, but does not like to dress to demonstratively. He wears his clothes very long, and it always looks permanently fresh, as if unaffected by time. He never buys uncomfortable shoes, and makes others dress very neatly. An aesthete. '

Accepting subtype:
    Meged: Logical subtype is efficient, dry in the contact, it is correct, has a strict form, it is unapproachable. It is not inclined to the jokes, it is serious, restrained. It is usually laconic, but if it flares up, it is difficult to stop it. It is straight-line in the behavior and the conversation. It can manifest sharpness in the judgments, because of what it has many ethical problems. There is another extreme - can keep silent, and then, kopya of offence, it will for long avoid contact.

Creating subtype:
    Meged: Sensory subtype is characterized by stability and fitness for work. It is very energetic, it cannot sit without the matter and it does not love to in vain lose time. It is interested in new technologies in its professional region and knows how to adapt them for its needs. It is impulsive, energetic, it knows how hotly to convince. It is exacting and strict, but sometimes it yields to the persuasions. It possesses a feeling of humor. Speech - is jerky, emotional. Frequently it is possible to note that locating, only the stretched smile. Are sometimes the attempts to draw together distance in the contact cordial, friendly gestures - embraces, by clappings, by light touchs to the collocutor. Behaves sufficiently raskovanno and unconstrainedly. It lively conducts conversation, it jokes. Epicure and aesthete. It loves expensive, qualitative and beautiful things, original dishes. It knows how to remove stress, after sitting at the table with the friends. But for long to rest for itself it does not make possible. Usually has the rounded shapes of body or tendency toward the completeness. Motions are irregular, are sharp, are rapid and are impulsive. It is sufficiently restless.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TV series Lost's "Jack" (what's his last name?) is a typical example of Smilingeyes' view of the ESTj.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtYMI0ZcyVA

Things to notice:

- always the victim of the situation, despite that he is the guy with the skills to make things right.

- extremely obvious awkwarness with intuition. No patience with things that require blind faith. Particularly evident in his interaction with the "pan-deïstic" ENTj John Locke.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, Jason Bourne.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    - extremely obvious awkwarness with intuition. No patience with things that require blind faith.
    Blind faith is stupidity, a reminiscent of magical thinking. It has nothing to do with intuition.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those 5 type spotting points aren't from Gulenko.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    bump
    Why LoSEr? Don't say that.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    Why LoSEr? Don't say that.
    Yeah.

And you know. I like this smiler guy. Pity I missed out on him. Maybe that was the good ole days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yeah.

And you know. I like this smiler guy. Pity I missed out on him. Maybe that was the good ole days.
    Yeah. I agree. Before I started posting here I would come on to read other people's stuff, and I would always read what he wrote. Lots of good insight into LSE and EII relationships, as well as the LSE-Te personality type- although I am not sure if he really was LSE... I think he said his type changed or something ???
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's LSE. Apparently Te subtype. He was INTj apparently

Hmmmm sounds familiar...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is Smilingeyes? I heard he said I was LSE, so I don't care about his theory.

Expat reckons LSI for him. LII for him from me I think.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Who is Smilingeyes? I heard he said I was LSE, so I don't care about his theory.

Expat reckons LSI for him. LII for him from me I think .
    You don't even know who he is.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

Expat reckons LSI for him. LII for him from me I think.
    This is idiocy at its finest. First you say you don't know him, then you state his type.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    He's LSE. Apparently Te subtype. He was INTj apparently

Hmmmm sounds familiar...
    As far as I know, he typed himself originally as ENTj, then - as per his understanding of socionics - his type changed to ESTj. Just as it had been ESFj and ENFj previously.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123