Thread: Marry Poppins

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Marry Poppins

I watched part of it this morning. For those of you who read the book, I'm refering to the Disney movie.
    Mr. Banks: LSE E8
    Mrs. Banks: ESE
    Marry: SLI
    Burt: IEE
    Any other types you noticed?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not as sure about Mary Poppins, but Burt struck me as more of an ESE. The "I Love to Laugh" song, for example, seemed to be extolling the virtues of Fe.

My guess would be that Mary Poppins and Burt are LII-ESE.

I didn't pay enough attention to the Bankses when I last watched the movie to have any useful opinions on their types. Mr. Banks seemed a little more introverted than his wife, but whether he's an actual Introvert type or not, I'm not sure.
    Quaero Veritas.

Logical vegetable Existential Potato's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It had to be done, hope I don't project poor taste but that wasn't really the point ;

I'm surprised you pick SLI for marry, she always seemed freakishly energetic to me in my yesteryears (hence the video). I can see why you typed her having Si though, so +1 to Krig, for what it's worth.

i don't understand how movie(not series) characters can be typed.i mean you can stress out typical behaviours among types in some scenes but you can never be sure.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to go with

Mr Banks ILI
    Mrs. Banks SEE
    Mary Poppins ESE? Though she is a tricky one. I think I've seen Julie Andrews typed as LSE, and this might be a case where the actor type gets picked up a bit in the character.
    Burt: ESE as well?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaknet View Post
    i don't understand how movie(not series) characters can be typed.i mean you can stress out typical behaviours among types in some scenes but you can never be sure.
    Typing fictional characters, particularly ones written by one type, potentially based on or inspired by people of various types, acted by another type, directed by another type, etc., is incredibly imperfect and IMO of limited use, but it can be fun too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The relationship between Burt and Marry reminded me of my parents. My brother agreed.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.