Thread: SLIs-ISTps and "Princess on a Pea" syndrome

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLIs-ISTps and "Princess on a Pea" syndrome

I was reading the ISTp description in the Types section of this site.

# Talented laziness. Unlike The Searcher, he will scarcely spend his energy for futile work. He is a born inventor, but he does not hurry with the implementation of his ideas, until conditions for maximum effect will ripen. He is proud of his capability of not doing unnecessary things; adores comfort and conveniences. When performing common tasks together with somebody else, everything very easily and without pressure from his side goes the way he likes. All space accessible to him is organized ideally for work and rest. He is an aesthete who completely trusts his taste. He dresses very neatly, with taste, but as a rule not challenging convention. His skin is sensible: "a princess on a pea" must have been said about a woman of this type.

WTF is that sensible skin and princess peas passage about?

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like a translation issue. Sensitive.

Very true, almost literally. We got a new mattress and my husband said it was uncomfortable, and it was because of the stitching apparently. I had to buy a pretty thick mattress pad so he couldn't feel it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes sense now. Some of these machine translations really make me go .
    ; 5w6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensible skin thats funny. The ISTPs I know are very sensitive and even squeemish about somethings. One would go to restaurants and could hardly have a decent meal without complaining about something. Sensitivity to noise, to people to everything. He had some shoes custom made because he didnt like the regular store bought kind. Then he wore them to death.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one ISTp i know always wears sports clothes. sneakers, gym sweats is all he knows. sometimes the colors don't even match he doesn't care. but now i get it. it's all about comfort.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ISTp and "Princess on a Pea"

Quote Originally Posted by napalm

# Talented laziness. Unlike The Searcher, he will scarcely spend his energy for futile work. He is a born inventor, but he does not hurry with the implementation of his ideas, until conditions for maximum effect will ripen. He is proud of his capability of not doing unnecessary things; adores comfort and conveniences. When performing common tasks together with somebody else, everything very easily and without pressure from his side goes the way he likes. All space accessible to him is organized ideally for work and rest. He is an aesthete who completely trusts his taste. He dresses very neatly, with taste, but as a rule not challenging convention. His skin is sensible: "a princess on a pea" must have been said about a woman of this type.

I didn't realize that they meant it literally.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ISTp and "Princess on a Pea"

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by napalm

I didn't realize that they meant it literally.

No kidding. I wasn't sure if it was some mis-translated Russian idiom or what.
    ; 5w6

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haven't you guys ever heard of that fairytale?

also, i am going to assume that "sensible" means "sensitive" in russian, like it does in spanish.

ISTpain!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, I never heard that one before. Looks like sensible definately does mean sensitive in russian, better tell babblefish translator
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me of another discussion at some point. I said I see Te as being about doing what's sensible, and people said no no no that's Si. I meant sensible as in doing what makes sense, not sensible as in sensations.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.