Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Youtube and myspace

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an absolute legend.

Whoever suggested my being an ENFp is gravely mistaken, by the way.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    he is so not funny
    and kind of nutty as well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make him stop?
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Make him stop?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My stomach hurts from laughing

Michael J Fox leaped into my mind. Ne subtype fits.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL he's hilarious. I think ENFp.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do people think ENFp?

honestly I think ENFps are even more spazzy than that.

So we have one Ti vote, the rest are Ne votes?

Do you think ENFp Fi subtype seem like ENTp Ti subtype?

I've been wondering forever which ENTp subtype is which.

raison: michael J fox? Hm never considered that.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp Ni subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    raison: michael J fox? Hm never considered that.
    Yes, it's like looking right at him. Same vibe, even.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WB_PXjTBo[/youtube]
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ENFp subtype as well, although I find him a little too.....exaggerating and effervescent to the point of irritation. I see the correlation of him with Michael J. Fox, except that Fox presented himself more naturally.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm. I think they look similar physically but not the same type? I will watch it with sound later.

so why enfp? btw, might it be that an NeFi person finds an NeTi person irritating, as an Ne Ti person like myself finds an Ne Fi person irritating?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    hm. I think they look similar physically but not the same type.

so why enfp? btw, might it be that an NeFi person finds an NeTi person irritating, as an Ne Ti person like myself finds an Ne Fi person irritating?
    I agree they look similarly but are not the same type. The guy in the video is ENTp-Ti, but one with prolly more 7-enneagram tendencies (whether wing or base), whereas an ENTp-Ti such as myself has more 5-ish tendencies (prolly 5 wing), which is why I would come across a bit differently than him, but yet we're both ENTp-Tis.

And for future reference on differentiating ENTps from ENFps, remember: ENTPS USE FE. ENFps do not.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Steve.

Also, was that an Alpha or a Delta thing to do? Alpha.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    And for future reference on differentiating ENTps from ENFps, remember: ENTPS USE FE. ENFps do not.
    exactly. You can't tell from just that one video, but I think it's obvious-er with more info. But I'm pleased you picked it up from that one.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course ENFps use Fe. Why on earth would you think ENFps don't use Fe?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    "Of course INTjs use Ni. Why on earth would you think INTjs don't use Ni?" This is what you statement sounds like. Kind of like something mikemex would say, incidentally enough. With that sort of logic, every expression of any function will indicate an ENFp.

Answer: It is not that they do not use Fe, it is because they use it differently from those who have it as a Quadra function. :wink:
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the life of an INTj is made difficult because they pay attention to words without context normally, so when we're editing so many convos in real life we can sometimes get sloppy in our choices. So, I actually thought "someone might say yes they do use Fe" but I didn't correct it, sorry.

I meant that it's an area where ENFps will different from ENTps.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I can see the guy as ENTp now. I was mistaking Fe for Fi, because he reminds me of a really sensitive ENTp who would cry all the time and who wasn't that smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    "Of course INTjs use Ni. Why on earth would you think INTjs don't use Ni?" This is what you statement sounds like. Kind of like something mikemex would say, incidentally enough. With that sort of logic, every expression of any function will indicate an ENFp.

Answer: It is not that they do not use Fe, it is because they use it differently from those who have it as a Quadra function. :wink:
    So, you take what people say out of context and then apply logical criticism?

What she was saying is that in her experience ENFps use plenty of Fe. Now, assuming she's watched the video, that statement would apply to the guy in question, meaning she was arguing against making a ENTp/ENFp distinction based on the Fe in the video.

So your critique is inapplicable. :wink: Though I guess you need social skills to actually see what someone is trying to say.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe

What she was saying is that in her experience ENFps use plenty of Fe. Now, assuming she's watched the video, that statement would apply to the guy in question, meaning she was arguing against making a ENTp/ENFp distinction based on the Fe in the video.

So your critique is inapplicable. :wink: Though I guess you need social skills to actually see what someone is trying to say.
    I understood what she was saying, and what I said was in context of what she said. So your critique is inapplicable. See how easy it is to dismiss someone? :wink:
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discojoe is right about what I meant. I don't think use of Fe is anything to base his type on. The only reason I think he's ENFp > ENTp is because he's obviously an type, and I didn't see anything in the video that would indicate , and I'm pretty hypersensitive to so it seems like I would have seen it. I wouldn't necessarily notice as much. I wish people would discuss whether he is showing a preference of one of those two functions, or a PoLR of one of them, because I don't see anything that would strongly indicate either, and that seems like the best way to establish type in this case. It seems like people are thinking that Alphas are more likely to make jokes about computers? Or Alphas are more likely to be computer geeks? Is that what it is? I can't see anything else that clearly indicates one over the other. I only watched it once - maybe someone noticed some preference I didn't notice?
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs DEFINITELY use Fe. DEFINITELY.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discojoe is right about what I meant. I don't think use of Fe is anything to base his type on. The only reason I think he's ENFp > ENTp is because he's obviously an type, and I didn't see anything in the video that would indicate , and I'm pretty hypersensitive to so it seems like I would have seen it. I wouldn't necessarily notice as much. I wish people would discuss whether he is showing a preference of one of those two functions, or a PoLR of one of them, because I don't see anything that would strongly indicate either, and that seems like the best way to establish type in this case. It seems like people are thinking that Alphas are more likely to make jokes about computers? Or Alphas are more likely to be computer geeks? Is that what it is? I can't see anything else that clearly indicates one over the other. I only watched it once - maybe someone noticed some preference I didn't notice?
    Try his entire line of logic by which he decided his screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    I never said that they did not, but merely that they use it differently from those who have Fe as a quadra value.
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was logic? That was throwing out ideas in a frenzy. Exactly how ENFps make decisions too.
    -Mark Twain

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understood what she was saying, and what I said was in context of what she said. So your critique is inapplicable. See how easy it is to dismiss someone? :wink:
    Think about it.

What she said is that the Fe being used by the ENFp in the video is a) compatible with delta, and b) indicative of her view of an ENFp. She was refuting the claim that an ENFp would not be as expressive as the supposed one in the video was. If you take what she said out of context (as you have done) it is easy to falsely construe what she said (as you have done). The point of her argument is that an ENFp uses Fe to the extent that it is used in the video, so your rebuttal was pretty meaningless.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said that they did not, but merely that they use it differently from those who have Fe as a quadra value.
    And this is something you can determine by this video? Not that I don't think it's possible, but I'd like to hear what you think.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly - does he strike you as either ENTp or ENFp in particular? He ought to be hitting one of our PoLRs.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was logic? That was throwing out ideas in a frenzy. Exactly how ENFps make decisions too.
    If it is just a frenzy, then there is nothing which would necessarily rule out ENTp or indicate ENFp over ENTp. If I cannot see the Fi, and you cannot see the Ti, then what other methods will you use to determine his type?

Think about it.

What she said is that the Fe being used by the ENFp in the video is a) compatible with delta, and b) indicative of her view of an ENFp. She was refuting the claim that an ENFp would not be as expressive as the supposed one in the video was. If you take what she said out of context (as you have done) it is easy to falsely construe what she said (as you have done). The point of her argument is that an ENFp uses Fe to the extent that it is used in the video, so your rebuttal was pretty meaningless.
    You are right.

And this is something you can determine by this video? Not that I don't think it's possible, but I'd like to hear what you think.
    Is this not something that is done just about everytime some brings a video or photo for VI?
    Johari Box

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this not something that is done just about everytime some brings a video or photo for VI?
    I'd like to see what you think with regards to this video, that's all.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys you do realize the reason he's entp is because the story is true, right? i imagine people may be looking over this major detail.
    entp-ti 6w7

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see what you think with regards to this video, that's all.
    If he was an IEE, would be his demonstrative 8th function, and he would not be very conscientious of its usage. But he seems to be more aware of how to use it in his style manner to create the mood of trying to get friendly with the audience. Also if you finish watching his video, he has another video in the links entitled ENTP. It is just his Myers-Briggs type, so it is not necessarily indicative, but additional potential viewing evidence for the -minded crowd never hurts.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To clarify: ENFps can use Fe in a small capacity, just as ENTps can use Te but limit their use of it, however here I clearly see Fe>Fi AND Ti>Te.

For example:

"Im only at the cusp of my 'nerd-dom' if you will" - Articulated very Ti-ishly. Making up words to grammatically fit and label an unlabeled concept in that way is classic Ti and classic ENTp-ness. <- :wink:

"I'm like Joey in hackers; I haven't developed an internet name for myself" - Ne metaphor explaining a Ti concept.

"Basing my name off of pop-culture references and insults to my friends, changing them every single round until one, fateful moment" - just sounds more Ti>Te to me.

Also, and this seems to be a misconception, any outward emotional tone changes doesn't necessarily = Fe

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I agree with Logos on this. He has a clear rationale. He also seems self centered . I don't think he was making the decision based on the Ne frenzy, but I dont know if an ENFp makes the decision on an Ne frenzy either.

As I said it becomes more clear with more exposure that he doesn't show much Fi but tends to talk about things without references to people at all but on self standing evidences between abstracts. no references to facts.

And I was confused by the Fe as expressiveness, it wasn't what i was saying. I was just saying in general, not about the video. But I do think it's a good way to tell apart ENFps and ENTps IME ENFps seem a lot more earnest, though ENTps can seem really naive about the good of mankind, they are always more snarky and dont seem as naive in another way as ENFps because they are mostly thinking in abstract terms rather than involved ones.

For this video in particular, because this is the one that's posted, he jumps around a lot but they're self standing and complete. It's like how my paragraphs are in this post (separated points grouped by idea).

Honestly though I wasn't prepared to get in a discussion about ENTp as his type. I just recognized this as a type of ENTp i have seen many times .

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    To clarify: ENFps can use Fe in a small capacity, just as ENTps can use Te but limit their use of it, however here I clearly see Fe>Fi AND Ti>Te. I don't see a preference of Fe > Fi. I see someone who seems to use a lot of both, if anything. Where do you see Fe>Fi preference, or even more useful - do you see any evidence of Fi PoLR? And what specifically makes you think Ti > Te in this video?

For example:

"Im only at the cusp of my 'nerd-dom' if you will" - Articulated very Ti-ishly. Making up words to grammatically fit and label an unlabeled concept in that way is classic Ti and classic ENTp-ness. <- :wink: How is this Ti? Everyone makes words gramatically fit to label unlabeled concepts. At least I do and I don't think I'm ENTp. I think this is Ne if anything in particular.

"I'm like Joey in hackers; I haven't developed an internet name for myself" - Ne metaphor explaining a Ti concept. Maybe this is a PoLR thing but what is the Ti concept here? I just see Ne.

"Basing my name off of pop-culture references and insults to my friends, changing them every single round until one, fateful moment" - just sounds more Ti>Te to me. Doesn't sound particularly one or the other to me. Again, more Ne than anything else.

Also, and this seems to be a misconception, any outward emotional tone changes doesn't necessarily = Fe
    So I hear he's labeled ENTp in MBTI. But smart people often get labeled T in MBTI regardless of whether they are actually T so I'm not going to take that as proof of one over the other either. I don't see any clear Ti or Fi, so I don't see why this particular video would make people think ENTp. I think I'm more likely to not notice Fi than Ti - that's the only thing that made me think ENFp over ENTp. But there isn't any strong evidence either way in this particular video IMO.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm more likely to not notice Fi than Ti - that's the only thing that made me think ENFp over ENTp. But there isn't any strong evidence either way in this particular video IMO.
    thank you for explaining

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I hear he's labeled ENTp in MBTI. But smart people often get labeled T in MBTI regardless of whether they are actually T so I'm not going to take that as proof of one over the other either. I don't see any clear Ti or Fi, so I don't see why this particular video would make people think ENTp.
    And now you are taking what I said out of context. That was an informational aside, not a proclamation of truth.

I think I'm more likely to not notice Fi than Ti - that's the only thing that made me think ENFp over ENTp. But there isn't any strong evidence either way in this particular video IMO.
    Ms.K and Steve have provided evidence to support the existence of Ti in the subject and a most likely preference of Fe > Fi. So how much dancing around the Ti do we have to do? Just because the Ti does not appear in a form in which is apparent or familiar to you does not necessarily mean that it is not present. Just as an acknowledgment of my logical loop, just because we cannot see the Fi does not mean that it is not present either (:wink.
    Johari Box

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, after looking at almost all his other videos (HILARIOUS) ... I can say he's ENTp

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha this dude reminds me of eric foreman from that 70's show. he even looks like him. type? i dunno.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he was an IEE, would be his demonstrative 8th function, and he would not be very conscientious of its usage. But he seems to be more aware of how to use it in his style manner to create the mood of trying to get friendly with the audience.
    I would argue that it is the fact that he is not using Fe to be friendly (which is how an ENFp might use it) but to dramatize the story that indicates Fe > Fi. It is something that would appeal more to an ISFp than an ISTp.

Anyway, I think ENTp-Ti, mainly because he uses Fe to a ridiculous extent. He also seems almost INFp, as ENTp-Tis are more likely to.

More evidence for ENTp:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMMDfh5phdE[/youtube]

"Exams, my friend, is the answer. 'Are the answer'? 'Is the answer'? How would you phrase that?"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpKtnqE4ulI[/youtube]

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    If he was an IEE, would be his demonstrative 8th function, and he would not be very conscientious of its usage. But he seems to be more aware of how to use it in his style manner to create the mood of trying to get friendly with the audience.
    I would argue that it is the fact that he is not using Fe to be friendly (which is how an ENFp might use it) but to dramatize the story that indicates Fe > Fi. It is something that would appeal more to an ISFp than an ISTp.
    Thanks. That would be a better way to word it.
    Johari Box

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast