Threaded View

TIM
    Ni-Fi-Ti link
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your Type and Traumatic Reactions of your own

I had planned to make this thread quite a long time ago, but I believe this is something that needs address, as this site has a vast history of childhood abuse, neglect or overall adversity, such as death of a parent.. It may even be the most important thread that will end up being made on this site…

Some behaviors may fuse if they become maladaptive patterns, but overall, I believe people mistype as reactive cores in enneagram, and especially 6 core (an anxiety centered type, and ptsd is an anxiety disorder), and also higher Fe and higher Se.. Even when this may. It necessarily be the case. It may also show specific patterns and confirm certain theories like shadow or grip.

Now, people need to realize that their reactions and behavior in a traumatic environment of origin would likely differ from their behavior from years upon years of living away..

This is sort of a “survey”, I suppose, but I would like you to if it isn’t too personal, enlist:

-Behaviors you had whilst you were living around a traumatic environment, and especially if you’ve been abused, your behaviors there..
    -How many years you’ve lived away from traumatic stimulus or have processed the trauma
    -If you believe others would’ve mistyped you a certain thing or if you behaved more of a certain type…
    -Personality shifts that occurred after the trauma from your original nature, and also that changes after you got out of the trauma or processed it
    -What your self-type(s) is/are (list the school you use, for instance, school of classical socionics, John beebe, Naranjo or RH enneagram, etc)
    -the kind of trauma (as I believe some forms of trauma may beget specific behaviors that may be sort of universal reactions. For instance, a victim do gaslighting will probably feel more inclined to “prove” and show, or outright reject talking to anyone.
    -the duration and amount of years of the trauma —if chronic (this would also have a prevalent role in behavioral formation)
    -Whether you were conscious or unconscious of certain behaviors
    -outlooks you’ve developed as the result of the traumatic stimulus
    -your own theories in why you’ve developed the way you had

Unfortunately, I cannot vastly answer my own questionnaire, because I live with my family, however, when I’ve lived in youth facilities, I became much more complacent and less volatile.

Rules of this thread:

1) You cannot invalidate someone else’s trauma
    2) You cannot argue someone’s self-type in this thread
    3) Whilst sympathy can give, try keep it mostly on topic

As I started to write my own response, I realize that you also need specify the relationships had relative to abuse and trauma.

I will add an additional question— how did you reach the conclusion of your current self-type, and rule out traumatic factors? And at which confidence are you identifying as these/this type(s)?

Also: what types were you raised around? How did this potentially influence the way you formed?

-list themes (emotional, behavioral, parenting style, etc) in your childhood
    Last edited by Braingel; 05-27-2024 at 06:18 AM.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits