Thread: What is the relationship with your conflictor like?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Weenusflytrap View Post
    ok so for me, the worst part of Fe conflict is when they act overly friendly with others in front of you then act really cold when they have to interact with you. What does Se conflict look like?
    Ah, that's a bit different then.

Se conflict looks like literally ever highschool movie where the bully smacks the nerd's books out his hand.

With it as a PoLR, everyone feels like a potential bully that might come up and stick you in a locker, and you feel powerless to stop it, until one day you go apeshit and end up on the news.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Se conflict looks like literally ever highschool movie where the bully smacks the nerd's books out his hand.

Everyone feels like a potential bully that might come up and stick you in a locker, and you feel powerless to stop it, until one day you go ape shit and end up on the news.
    I once watched an EII and an SLE share an office for a while. They were also after-hours mates in a band they had formed with some other workers. Very soon, the SLE was spending zero time in that office, because the EII was emotionally beating the daylights out of him, every day, and the SLE had no way to defend himself.

Every single sociotype gets beaten up by their Conflictors. The particular methods vary with the sociotypes, but the results are the same.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I once watched an EII and an SLE share an office for a while. They were also after-hours mates in a band they had formed with some other workers. Very soon, the SLE was spending zero time in that office, because the EII was emotionally beating the daylights out of him, every day, and the SLE had no way to defend himself.

Every single sociotype gets beaten up by their Conflictors. The particular methods vary with the sociotypes, but the results are the same.
    I've yet to see what the looks like. But I don't doubt it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The EII beat up the SLE by constantly criticizing the SLE's inadequate moral sensitivity and clumsy handling of interpersonal relationships. The EII would make little comments which could be interpreted several ways, but the SLE would see them only as criticism directed at him, which it actually was.

The EII was critical of the SLE, perhaps as a defense against the SLE. I sometimes criticized my SLI ex, not because she was a bad person. She was actually an extremely good person. However, I felt like I was constantly being beaten up by her and I couldn't defend myself against her, so criticism was my only defense.

I'm not proud of my criticizing her, but at the time I didn't understand what was going on; that the problem wasn't her and it wasn't me, but rather the problem was our interpersonal relationship.

That has since been fixed in the simplest, easiest way; we divorced and now rarely see each other. I still admire her as a person, but I don't want to live with her, ever again.

TIM
    ILI-Te 5w4 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess we can’t see our own because I have no idea what Ni conflict looks like either.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In my family, growing up, there wasn't really any love. Instead, we had a deal with our narcissistic mother. As long as we never contradicted her or protested the physical abuse, we got to live in her house. But it felt like we were all just waiting for her to have an opportunity to get rid of us, once and for all.
    Basically, my sisters and I got used to the abuse.

When I first arrived on this forum, I said I was an LIE and I was married to an SLI. No one believed me. Everyone said that no one marries their Supervisor, because Supervision is one-way Conflict. Well, my father was SLI and if I was going to marry a parent the first time around, that was a better arrangement than marrying my mother.

My LSE sister was not quite so lucky. She very early married her Conflictor, an IEI, probably because the abuse felt familiar, and she never got up to the surface to experience Duality.

My LII sister has been married and divorced a few times. So far, though, she hasn't married a Conflictor or a Supervisor. She has, though, tried to suicide several times, so I guess she's in the groove. Right in the groove.

Don't marry a Conflictor. If your kids are your Conflictors, encourage them to spend time with their Duals. The world will thank you for it.