Thread: Negative Descriptions

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL yeah. I guess it’s because duality is held as the ideal/good standard, so descriptions of any other ITR are framed such that they emphasize all the ways that that ITR falls short of duality. It isn’t a good thing imo. I feel like I’m now hyperaware of all the flaws in my relations, where I didn’t even notice them or would be more tolerant of them before socionics. I feel like we don’t have to have the 100% ideal, perfect or matching partner. But for perfectionists like me, who cling onto the idea of perfection once we’re aware that there is a possibility of it out there, socionics is bad news. Hmm I guess at the end of my life, I’ll get to evaluate whether socionics was more beneficial or harmful to my life. I’ll be happily married or unintentionally (?) single….

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the original duality was made based on some economic principles: idea being the mental ring is the "request" or the "thing" and the vital ring is the "labour or production" made with it.

the research on the "economics" of ITR was not completed before new versions of socionics began to appear (bukalov's, gulenko's, etc.) , they took the incomplete ITR and made it less economical and more about romance and love , ofc, this latter idea is much easier to sensationalise and make tragic/comic stories of it

if you want positive ITRs try: benefit, mirage, semi-dual

TIM
    EII-Ne so/sx 469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherperson View Post
    the original duality was made based on some economic principles: idea being the mental ring is the "request" or the "thing" and the vital ring is the "labour or production" made with it.

the research on the "economics" of ITR was not completed before new versions of socionics began to appear (bukalov's, gulenko's, etc.) , they took the incomplete ITR and made it less economical and more about romance and love , ofc, this latter idea is much easier to sensationalise and make tragic/comic stories of it

if you want positive ITRs try: benefit, mirage, semi-dual
    Super interesting. I wonder how different the community would be if dualization wasn't so sensationalized.

Also; heavily agree with the positive ITRs. I'm in a benefit relationship with my best friend (SEI) and I've always really adored the ESEs in my life (even if their Fe base can be offputting, lol). Semi-Duals are fascinating but unfortunately I don't have as much experience with them.

All in all, what really matters is the willingness to preserve a relationship and the happiness of the people within it, yeah?

WARNING : DANGER ZONE !!! Biscuit's Avatar
    TIM
    INFT
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherperson View Post

This

A while ago I thought of something similar
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    EII-Ne so/sx 469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loopyclouds View Post
    LOL yeah. I guess it’s because duality is held as the ideal/good standard, so descriptions of any other ITR are framed such that they emphasize all the ways that that ITR falls short of duality. It isn’t a good thing imo. I feel like I’m now hyperaware of all the flaws in my relations, where I didn’t even notice them or would be more tolerant of them before socionics. I feel like we don’t have to have the 100% ideal, perfect or matching partner. But for perfectionists like me, who cling onto the idea of perfection once we’re aware that there is a possibility of it out there, socionics is bad news. Hmm I guess at the end of my life, I’ll get to evaluate whether socionics was more beneficial or harmful to my life. I’ll be happily married or unintentionally (?) single….
    I super agree. I went into socionics with the desire to improve my relationships and I ended up fixating more on how I or others were falling short. Woops lol. Though I have learned a lot of good things from it, so I don't think it's all bad.