Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts about my type

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1557197

This looks like S over N^ It can look ESI LSI, hence my posted impressions.

I believe the first part, S over N on the forum here.

You don't look SEI at all in your forum presence.

If you think SLI how do feel about Fe?
    Actually SLI is what most people type me , and what I always get in tests , especially dichotomies test
    followed by LSI and LSE , I'm not really sure about Fe PoLR though
    Souls know their way back home

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://temperamenttest.org/en-gb/

Do this test, temperaments say a lot that is usually unseen when you don't know someone personally and at a close psychological distance. That will help me use my intuition to see your soul a lil better since I haven't interacted with you

And show me a print of the graph that is shown after you get the results

Yay
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrainlessSquid View Post
    https://temperamenttest.org/en-gb/

Do this test, temperaments say a lot that is usually unseen when you don't know someone personally and at a close psychological distance. That will help me use my intuition to see your soul a lil better since I haven't interacted with you

And show me a print of the graph that is shown after you get the results

Yay

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    From the little I've seen from your communication/cognition + these results
    Introverted > Extroverted
    Ne > Ni
    Si > Se
    Si > Ne
    Perceiving > Judging
    F > T

Well, it's clear to me you have repressed Ne.
    I'd say Si dominant is the best bet for now
    The second best bet is Fi dominant.

I don't see any other likely dom function.

Anyway Si is definitely strong. Maybe demonstrative? Not sure

Best bet still Si dom

My two cents

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually SLI is what most people type me , and what I always get in tests , especially dichotomies test
    followed by LSI and LSE , I'm not really sure about Fe PoLR though
    You've posted before you are attracted to EIE, even swimmingly. How really is this ITR?

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

If you can wash your brain, your brain isn't a wash, it is awash

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update:
    2D+ Fi
    3D+ Si

Fi/Si dom

My final answer. Won't go further

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've posted before you are attracted to EIE, even swimmingly. How really is this ITR?
    I wasn't at all attracted in a romantical way or something similar neither to male nor to female ones , it's just that I found superficial communication with them easier than other people , anyway, I stopped contacting with all of them except one , who turned out to be an ILE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't at all " attracted " in a romantical way or something similar, it's just that I found superficial communication with them easier than other people , anyway, I stopped contacting with all of them except one , who turned out to be an ILE
    What did you think of their Fe, in EIE?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you think of their Fe, in EIE?
    I like it when they express positive feelings, but for sure not when they express negative ones

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually don't use ITR in my communication or even pay attention to it , to me there's no difference between two people who give me good feelings, or between two people who give me bad feelings

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will publish some of my most accurate observations about myself

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1- When I say about something that I like it, it's in fact what I was comfortable with/I consider it to be the best in terms of the features/ experience/and what it provides in general , not really what I like in the literal sense
    I can of course think of what I like but it's really difficult to arrange it from the most to the least ( If I do this, there will be two or more things in the same rank.) , it's even harder to rate things on a scale ( out of 100 etc ) , however, I have to admit that sometimes I actually have certain biases towards something without it being the easiest or the best just because I'm attached to it
    Anyway, most things become normal for me after a while, even my enemies who hurt me I don't feel anything intense or strong towards them.

2- It happens sometimes that certain lighting conditions, or certain sounds ,or - less likely - when I see something similar to what I used to do in the past , at a certain time of the day (such as early morning or midnight) awaken an old feeling+sensation that I felt in the past somewhere , it's not something that happens on a daily or almost daily basis, but it still happens , for example, when I woke up once in the morning, I heard the sound of birds outside and looked out the window , the lighting and sound brought back the feeling of primary school, when I would wake up early in the morning and get ready to go to school on the first day of school.

3- I have more positive attitude towards information than negative one , I tend to collect information and judge it later , I immediately accept facts ( statistics and studies, for example ) , other kinds of information is judged/checked via observation , experience and extended searching
    When an info is checked I use it later as a " starting point " to think conclude and analyze when needed

4- As for analyzing and concluding, I usually only analyze information when :

a) I doubt/find the information unreasonable , this usually happens when the information provided conflicts with what I have considered to be accurate and checked, the analysis process accompanies the extensive research process that I do in this case , after all of this, I either accept the new information and edit the previous in my mind, or reject it and keep my reasons to reject for future needs , or keep the information without accepting it or rejecting it ( such as when there are different opinions about something )

b) sometimes when others bring up their ideas , I find myself analyzing/judging it

c) when I don't agree with someone and want to oppose him

d) something happened in front of me and seemed a little strange

It's very rare and uncommon for me to have conclusions and guesses without prior basis , I have two cases of concludes though :

a) I jump to a conclusion then I immediately realize all the information that led me to this conclusion

b) I throw in all the information and suddenly reach a conclusion based on it

b is most likely though

5- My lifestyle depends mainly on the environment I'm in and the number of activities I can do ,in my first high school, I sometimes nearly felt asleep in the class , the atmosphere of this school was a dark and depressing.
    In my second high school, I was very active and I could barely sit still because it was the exact opposite: bright, light, and crowded.
    My current home has a rural style and it's a little isolated from the city , since I moved there, my social activity has decreased a lot and I have become more focused on relaxing.
    The house in which I lived as a child was in a crowded area, there are many places nearby to visit such as parks and libraries, transportation is available all the time (and therefore it is possible to go to the city center so easily whenever someone wants ) , this period of my life was the most active, lively, and enthusiastic , it was also my most social period, and I was much bolder then than later periods and more involved in group activities (
    My university is currently in the city center, and these days I combine an active lifestyle in the city center/university with a laid-back lifestyle at home.

6- I think it is very natural for me to be a contributer in any community I'm in, whether irl or online
    Cases in which I don't participate in society are :
    a) I don't have the necessary experience/skills/knowledge or anything to actually offer
    b) I don't see that my participation has any impact : for example, I might participate in an afforestation campaign but I won't vote in the elections here because whether I voted or not, the result is the same and known to everyone

7- I plan my projects before I do them but if the period between planning time and doing time is so long I don't make plans full of details because I might edit it later based on new conditions and updates
    Last edited by Squirrel; 04-18-2024 at 05:44 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an example of analyzing I did :

I was on public transportation a few months ago , an Asian tourist girl who didn't speak Arabic boarded the bus with us, so I was the mediator between her and the passengers, since no one else on the bus was good at English enough to chat with her , a woman next to me whispered to me : I think she works as a maid and is not really a tourist but rather pretends to be , I doubted this since because she didn't look like one, especially since she showed us pictures of herself on an island regulated by the city. Later, I knew from her that she was from Hong Kong, so I ruled out that she would work here as a maid , in the evening, I thought about it a little and stood firm in my opinion because :

a) Maids usually come from Southeast Asian countries , not East Asia
    b) Hong Kong has excellent living conditions , and in general people there earn much more than anyone here could imagine earning , and in her country there are tech companies such as HTC and it exports technological equipment to us , so she doesn't need really because no matter how little her earnings are if she works there, it will still be much higher than here
    c) Even if she was going to work as a maid , maids usually go to the Gulf countries because it's known that demand there for maids is very high, but in Syria it's extremely low

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an example of analyzing I did :

I was on public transportation a few months ago , an Asian tourist girl who didn't speak Arabic boarded the bus with us, so I was the mediator between her and the passengers, since no one else on the bus was good at English enough to chat with her , a woman next to me whispered to me : I think she works as a maid and is not really a tourist but rather pretends to be , I doubted this since because she didn't look like one, especially since she showed us pictures of herself on an island regulated by the city. Later, I knew from her that she was from Hong Kong, so I ruled out that she would work here as a maid , in the evening, I thought about it a little and stood firm in my opinion because :

a) Maids usually come from Southeast Asian countries , not East Asia
    b) Hong Kong has excellent living conditions , and in general people there earn much more than anyone here could imagine earning , and in her country there are tech companies such as HTC and it exports technological equipment to us , so she doesn't need really because no matter how little her earnings are if she works there, it will still be much higher than here
    c) Even if she was going to work as a maid , maids usually go to the Gulf countries because it's known that demand there for maids is very high, but in Syria it's extremely low
    Reading it again, I actually see Se rather than Ne in this

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

something else about my feelings is that it turn into sensations , for example: anger love and passion turn into kinetic energy (they energize me),sadness turns into physical pain , despair turns into laziness , etc

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe valuing is gathering the moods of others and feeding off of it, and adjusting to the mood of the room. If someone says black and you think white, you might hold back from saying it, or if not, you will adjust to it in a way to make them feel not so bad, or even better, diplomatically.

My late dad used to do it, being LSI. There is still an element of diplomacy with low Fe in valuing types.

You adjust to the feeling vibe and know how to work it.

A common theme with Fe is a direct awareness how everyone feels about something, emotionally.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe valuing is gathering the moods of others and feeding off of it, and adjusting to the mood of the room. If someone says black and you think white, you might hold back from saying it, or if not, you will adjust to it in a way to make them feel not so bad, or even better, diplomatically.

My late dad used to do it, being LSI. There is still an element of diplomacy with low Fe in valuing types.

You adjust to the feeling vibe and know how to work it.

A common theme with Fe is a direct awareness how everyone feels about something, emotionally.
    I asked a friend and they told me I'm prone to do that black white thing but they haven't ever noticed me gathering people's emotions

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked a friend and they told me I'm prone to do that black white thing but they haven't ever noticed me gathering people's emotions
    How do you feel about this sites ENFp's, like a dual docking? Like the other half?

Em, you showed enthusiasm with me in the past here, like opening yourself up, even with the Sol fiasco, you vibed in my groove.

I teased him a lot in some instances, but I wanted to change his MO on this forum, not just because I felt his annoyance in others, he left me alone, i had no skin in the game personally, but also to change his philosophy on interpersonal awareness. To sincerely make him better, but to no avail in the end.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you feel about this sites ENFp's, like a dual docking? Like the other half?

Em, you showed enthusiasm with me in the past here, like opening yourself up, even with the Sol fiasco, you vibed in my groove.

I teased him a lot in some instances, but I wanted to change his MO on this forum, not just because I felt his annoyance in others, he left me alone, i had no skin in the game personally, but also to change his philosophy on interpersonal awareness. To sincerely make him better, but to no avail in the end.

tbh I just deal better with those who don't cause me headache

Sol was annoying, not because he was " objective " - he actually wasn't - , not because he's a T type etc , not because of ITR , but because of some traits in him that makes discussion - if there's any - nearly impossible , I actually want to open up no matter what's the type, and I usually find myself opening up when it's possible , but doing so in a one-way discussion is impossible , that's the difference between you and Sol

As for IEEs , they're good , I don't have close IEE friend currently but all IEEs I superficially deal with are good to be around

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for IEEs , they're good , I don't have close IEE friend currently but all IEEs I superficially deal with are good to be around
    Something I forgot to say : even though interaction with IxEs is good and even interesting, I sometimes don't understand what are they talking and I need to ask them what they mean

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried Advanced Personality Enneagram Test and got this :

Since the test questions had became based on Ichazo's version of Instagram, I haven't once got a result that is not 9 or 8 as the core, and the difference between them is always small

I can't really judge that E8 thing, given that my main source in Enneagram is Naranjo's version ( even though I don't take his writing literally like some people usually do ) , and there's still no E8 book

As for E9 , an excellent typist who typed me a long time ago said I'm E9 but couldn't decide a Subtype because I seem to relate to all E9 Subtypes, this typist know both Naranjo and Ichazo versions

Maybe I should read Enneagram books again

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the biggest typing mistake I've ever done is thinking I'm E7

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't really judge that E8 thing, given that my main source in Enneagram is Naranjo's version ( even though I don't take his writing literally like some people usually do ) , and there's still no E8 book
    I don't like correlations between systems very much but if I'm going to take them into account, I'm sure of being 1F more than anything else in my PY type , 1F suits E9 better , and I'm more of a process-oriented V , it's unlikely for me to be 1V , and therefore, to be E8

The same 1V thing is also a reason why I'm not a 7So , in addition to some other considerations of course

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like correlations between systems very much but if I'm going to take them into account, I'm sure of being 1F more than anything else in my PY type , 1F suits E9 better , and I'm more of a process-oriented V , it's unlikely for me to be 1V , and therefore, to be E8

The same 1V thing is also a reason why I'm not a 7So , in addition to some other considerations of course
    I agree ! I don't like to justify or refute a typing in a given system with a typing from another system. That said, I would say that a certain level of consistency in the typings of the same subject in different systems should be expected. I now prefer to avoid the rather categorical word "correlation" between different typology since that word implies a 1:1 ratio which as we all know, can't be achieved given the asymmetry inherent to cross-typology.

I would add that it is easier to substantiate a typing with a Model Based typology typing like socionics than with a description based typology like Enneagram. Indeed, the former is less vulnerable to subjectivity (or at least should be in theory....) than the latter imho. You don't necessarily need biographical data to type a subject in socionics, in Enneagram you kinda need some because Enneagram has a more pronounced inclination towards psychology, you can see that in the enneatype genesis narrative. I would add that typing in Enneagramm requires more time (or sessions) than socionics for the aforementioned reasons.

It seems like in some Enneagram litterature the enneatype is acquired rather than inborned. One last observation, knowing your Enneatype doesn't open as much perspectives as knowing your sociotype imho because socionics has a sociological component (ITR, "social mission" etc..) whereas Enneagramm focuses exclusively on the subject and its development within the boundaries of the Enneagram types development trajectory (which seems quite linear).

Okay, Enough of digressions ! Sorry about that (and thank you for allowing me to generate some thoughts as I was writing this !).
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

TIM
    ILI-Ni H
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I agree ! I don't like to justify or refute a typing in a given system with a typing from another system. That said, I would say that a certain level of consistency in the typings of the same subject in different systems should be expected. I now prefer to avoid the rather categorical word "correlation" between different typology since that word implies a 1:1 ratio which as we all know, can't be achieved given the asymmetry inherent to cross-typology.

I would add that it is easier to substantiate a typing with a Model Based typology typing like socionics than with a description based typology like Enneagram. Indeed, the former is less vulnerable to subjectivity (or at least should be in theory....) than the latter imho. You don't necessarily need biographical data to type a subject in socionics, in Enneagram you kinda need some because Enneagram has a more pronounced inclination towards psychology, you can see that in the enneatype genesis narrative. I would add that typing in Enneagramm requires more time (or sessions) than socionics for the aforementioned reasons.

It seems like in some Enneagram litterature the enneatype is acquired rather than inborned. One last observation, knowing your Enneatype doesn't open as much perspectives as knowing your sociotype imho because socionics has a sociological component (ITR, "social mission" etc..) whereas Enneagramm focuses exclusively on the subject and its development within the boundaries of the Enneagram types development trajectory (which seems quite linear).

Okay, Enough of digressions ! Sorry about that (and thank you for allowing me to generate some thoughts as I was writing this !).
    It's not necessarily a "description based typology." To me, the whole idea behind the Enneagram is to identify and become aware of your main fixation to transcend it, because that fixation is the core your whole ego or false self is built around thus it's the origin of the inner turmoil and tension between this false self and the real you. By letting this fixation go, the ego collapses, the struggle between it and your higher self ends and you naturally regain the purity of consciousness of your inner infant.

It doesn't matter which author's "type images" you like the most, they're all flawed, and if you type yourself by trying to decide which type's assumed traits and superficial speculations about its coping mechanisms you "relate to" the most, it won't help you much, and using wings, tritypes, etc. to round the edges and to add extra shades to generic descriptions to make it more fitting just obscures the intended purpose of the Enneagram or even worse, you might unconsciously start piecing together all these ideas in a way to create a maze of nuances for your narrative about yourself which ultimately just fortifies your false self even more and that's the complete opposite of breaking it down and liberating yourself.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khaki View Post
    It's not necessarily a "description based typology." To me, the whole idea behind the Enneagram is to identify and become aware of your main fixation to transcend it, because that fixation is the core your whole ego or false self is built around thus it's the origin of the inner turmoil and tension between this false self and the real you. By letting this fixation go, the ego collapses, the struggle between it and your higher self ends and you naturally regain the purity of consciousness of your inner infant.
    Thank you for your time.

I like Enneagram, in fact I like typology in general. That said, as you know, an interest in typology doesn't necessarily implies some kind of immediat conversion or adherence to whatever premicises, Ideas and concepts a given typology has developed. We would all agree that in Enneagram there are no "revealed truth" or "Holy scripture" coming from a higher instance that has been transmitted by transcendent means to some kind of Prophet or Guru, right ? It just has a rather pronounced "new-age" side.

Now, why would I accept that there is a "false self" to begin with ? In fact since Enneagram has 9 types, I assume that there are 9 types of "false self". Each type having its own "inner turmoil and tension". I mean, why do all the people of the world have to suffer from some kind of universal existential condition (yes 1 out of 9 is enough to call it universal at the human population scale !) ? Can't there be some "healthy" people ?

I've said not long ago that to me, Enneagram Types descriptions seem to depict teenagers in crisis. Indeed, it would make some sense to see it that way since in general the first followers of a spiritual mouvement are usually very young. It was true for Jesus disciples and also true for aṣ-ṣaḥāba in early Islam. Personally, I've always been suspicious towards people who tell you that you're "sick" but not to worry because they have the cure (yet we've all read Freud !). I mean, that theme is as old as humanity itself.

Seriously though, just look at the bold and red part I emphasized. Even if I'm playing the devil's advocate right now, one must admit that there is a lot of precepts to swallow . Btw, what do you mean by "the ego collapses" ? That sounds like a "Finish Him !" Fatality in Mortal Kombat ! It reminds me of the decompression sickness . Ego collapsing seems like the ultimate psychic decompensation, the "Psycho-bends" !

I think that to me my personal development path might be reversed, my problem is to let go of my inner child !

It doesn't matter which author's "type images" you like the most, they're all flawed, and if you type yourself by trying to decide which type's assumed traits and superficial speculations about its coping mechanisms you "relate to" the most, it won't help you much, and using wings, tritypes, etc. to round the edges and to add extra shades to generic descriptions to make it more fitting just obscures the intended purpose of the Enneagram or even worse, you might unconsciously start piecing together all these ideas in a way to create a maze of nuances for your narrative about yourself which ultimately just fortifies your false self even more and that's the complete opposite of breaking it down and liberating yourself.
    I see what you mean. It's quite an original take on the of confirmation bias applied to Enneagram and how counterproductive it might be subject to this kind of defence mechanism. That said, you give a lot advices about the errors to not commit without giving the right approach or at least another way to reach a correct typing. You are basically telling that it doesn't make sense to use peripheral artifices to square a circle, fair enough, but how can one type oneself in Enneagram then ? If you can't rely on authors' type images, nor on generic descriptions (including the core motivation, holly idea, fixation etc..) then on what metric or technic can you rely ?

Anyway, your post was very interesting and original, thank you again. (...and please excuse my little silly jokes !).
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12