Thread: How to be your best self?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to be your best self?

How to be your best self?
    The highest version of yourself.

So that your dominant/ego/base function is working uninhibited and you are confident able to tackle life challenges with resilience and survive and thrive?

I suppose there are other factors to this beside that, but let's hear a socionics perspective.
    If you have other perspectives on the non-socionics factors, then I dont mind you sharing.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the goal of becoming your best self socionics-wise doesn’t lie in the kinetic blocks (Ego or Id). these are not the blocks where you’re going to feel emotionally fulfilled. you need to target your potential blocks.

Potential informational energy is the information needed by the individual. [Super-Ego and Super-Id blocks]
    Kinetic energy is the mobilization, programmaticity of available energy resources. [Ego & Id blocks]
    Theory of Reinin Dichotomies, Part 1 (Aušra Augustinavičiūtė)
    the information on these blocks must be targeted in the right ways though, which means you’ll want a superego type and dual in your life.

fostering a superego relationship might be harder just because you occupy different niches in life, but i can’t tell you how much growing up with my superego type for my mom has helped round me out and prepare me for the world and reflect myself back at me.

contrary to how negative ITR descriptions are for the superego relation (or really any ITR that falls short of the dual), in my experience, superego relations are the next best thing for becoming your best self.

it’s not surprising how easy it is to communicate with your superego type. superego types are essentially the same type as you, but you are mutually a full phase ahead/behind each other in terms of blockings. you’re on the same rhythm of rationality or irrationality, share democratic/aristocratic horizontal blockings [NT & SF / NF & ST blockings], and have the same direction of information flow so understanding where the other is coming from is easy. i find i tend to implicitly trust their judgment on their ego block.
    you consciously identify each other’s weak spots, but being confronted by them feels amenable instead of conflicting. the role function is essentially a justification for the PoLR, and given that they lead with your role, i find that their creative expression of your PoLR feels justified.

in contrast to their mirror type, your conflictor, you can more easily reason and mutually influence your superego type about the information elements blocked on your ego blocks. this is due to the direction of information flow / ring of social progress flowing in accordance with your own.
    (i.e. i’m LII and i think in Ne → (Fi → Se) → Ti …, as does ESI. SEE instead thinks in Ti → (Se → Fi) → Ne … which ends up creating a massive difference in priorities and understanding of psychological cause and effect when you interact.)

your superego type will try to program you as if you were their dual, but you don’t take that information the same way their dual would. you instead consciously absorb it on the super-ego block instead of embodying their program it through the super-id. this makes your role function more fortified and informed in a conscious way.

the help that superego relations provide are in the form of a conscious, mental connection above all else, whereas the dual rounds out your needs vitally. the superego can keep you in the right mental mindset to be your best self.

although they’re not able to round out your vital needs (because their own vital needs are different from yours), there are many things that they will be able to help you with just as as well as your dual in many cases, in the way you need to hear it. especially regarding your first phase elements on the role and suggestive; for me these are ethics.
    i can come up to either my ESI mom or ESE friend for insight or feedback about the people in interpersonal relationships (static ethics ) / interpersonal energy involved in them (dynamic ethics ) just to know what they’re seeing, and they will have something definitive to say with answers that are satisfying and clarifying for me to hear. their entire lives revolve around that type of information and they are always analyzing it with their base function.
    ESI tells me this in terms of the type of person someone is () (freakishly accurate mind you), and what manner of interpersonal distance/closeness would best be set () and manifested () based on that. ESE tells me this in terms of how field implications () underlie peoples internal energy and emotions (), which influence immediate conditions ().

the reason duality gets so much attention is because every single person is subconsciously seeking out that exact type of information that their dual type provides effortlessly.

the dual is a release valve for your super-id, which is the block closest to the core of your existence as an organism. your dual type will set you back on course so you don’t feel like you’re stumbling around without anyone who understands, and can alleviate your worries or doubts in the way you need to hear it. and the best part is that it goes both ways.

i find that i am at my best self when my suggestive function is encouraged, my ESE friend is the same way (my has oriented her so she can bring her gifts into facilitation). and i’d confidently make the leap in assumption to say that this this is true for all TIMs. her has oriented me so i can bring my gifts into facilitation.

the vertical block going from vital phase 4 (demonstrative) → vital phase 1 (suggestive) is what i like to call the self-realization block, as it’s the self-realization of your own vital activity as an organism.
    this is why we look up to or admire our benefactor types, because they are archetype of what we unconsciously, vitally, personally embody when we are self-realized under the guidance and orientation of a dual. completely unconsciously, LII unlocks the lyrical qualities of the IEI (demo → suggestive ) and ESE unlocks the focused, penetrative qualities of the SLE (demo → suggestive ).

also, this is my personal experience and it might not work for everyone but the best thing i’ve done was take THC gummies for a few months. it’s like i woke from an emotional coma. i now have a broader range of experience of human relations and emotions and nothing feels as threatening as it once was. my ESE friend was the one who brought gummies over for my 21st birthday and i tried one of hers for the first time and loved it.
    but i think having those two forces in my life really set the stage for being able to truly open up and come into myself and fully realize myself.
    Last edited by maresnest; 04-12-2024 at 04:45 PM.
    “You'll feel safest of all, you can only receive, it'll keep you stable for days in cars.”
    —me as Gary Numan as a therapist

-Ne
    5w4 514 so/sp

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Step 1: Ego functions

You have to take your ego functions and make yourself useful in society. So the LSI becomes a policeman, the LII becomes an analyst, the LIE a businessman, the ILI a philosopher, the IEE a journalist, the EIE a teacher etc. or something like that. This is not always easy, and may require the help of weaker functions. But it's obvious that this is the first step and you can see it everywhere.

Step 2: The inferior function (suggestive)

In midlife the ego functions start to feel too limited. You need a broader perspective, and you get that by bringing in your inferior function. That will be the challenge for the rest of your life.

This is of course simplified. Many people can have complicated life paths, but as a general rule.

For more information check out "Lectures on Jung's typology" by von Franz & Hillman
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    You have to take your ego functions and make yourself useful in society. So the LSI becomes a policeman, the LII becomes an analyst, the LIE a businessman, the ILI a philosopher, the IEE a journalist, the EIE a teacher etc. or something like that. This is not always easy, and may require the help of weaker functions. But it's obvious that this is the first step and you can see it everywhere.
    why wouldn't it be easy? it's not like all these fields are very complicated. so every LSI is a police officer? every entrepreneur LIE? brilliant. typology is solved. we should tell a scientists how easy it is to identify the types and how there are only 16 professions in which the types neatly fit in. you normalizing subtypes really need to abandon this nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by on a peaceful hiatus View Post
    why wouldn't it be easy? it's not like all these fields are very complicated. so every LSI is a police officer? every entrepreneur LIE? brilliant.
    Well, I knew someone would come and (on purpose?) misinterpret what I said.

People tend to gravitate towards certain fields where they put their ego functions to use. I didn't mean that every LSI is a police officer, we all know that's not true. But people want to make use of their ego functions in a work that suits them, and I was giving examples of that. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Well, I knew someone would come and (on purpose?) misinterpret what I said.

People tend to gravitate towards certain fields where they put their ego functions to use. I didn't mean that every LSI is a police officer, we all know that's not true. But people want to make use of their ego functions in a work that suits them, and I was giving examples of that. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.
    Uhm, what is there to misinterpret? You are implying that the 16 types gravitate towards jobs. I can name you a hundred easily. Mathematician, chemist, pilot, surgeon, doctor, chashier, barber, engineer, cartoonist, train or taxi driver and so on. Which "ego function" corresponds to all these specific jobs? I think your point doesn't match reality
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking LukaDoncic's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think reaching for emblems of love and choice in casting fragrant animations and holiday fancies help to further the light of soul and wish in escalating and overhauling the theater of our best, most prosperous, happiest lanterns to freedom!!
    France and the Spurs 2006-2013 led to Germany winning in 2014 for Bunny and Lugia as Raptor, proven when Leonard won in 2019, and then Zidane won in 2022 to crown Arceus, so ultimately, 2006 led to 2014 and 2022, Zidane's greatest triumph, heavy wisdom and feelings of luster and omnipotence bubbling and zipping incredible trips to universal languages and dinosaurs gambling questions and omega ripples crystallizing Zen
    BunnyRaptor was proven to be Lugia at Kobe's 60-point game, synthesizing wonderland toys and cables to book club trading cards holographic shards of eve and winter
    Everything was meant to glorify Euro 2000, the Prophecy that Rare Wartortle Wisdom turns a foolish Meganium into a wise Lugia, and 2016 was 1998
    When Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder beat Bayern Munich in Zidane's arena in 2010, this saved the Pokemon World
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think there's a best self.
    There's always room for improvement.
    But I have the mentality of always improving myself, my internal world, and my surroundings.
    Learning to signal your strengths will help you attract and maintain activators, duals and semiduals, as well as come off as more attractive to other people in general.

But don't do these things because of other people. Do it for yourself, you should be satisfied with your life ultimately.

Also make sure the philosophy you apply to the world is the same you apply to yourself and when nobody's watching you.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be around progressive people, and you will make progress.

Hang around people who do x, and like x, and x marks the spot.

You could be in crime gang.

You can be no greater a sum, than the sum of your experience.

Education my friends.

Ignorance is a miss, a bliss in a want.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow