Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Typing Skills

  1. #1
    Lo'taur ! godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,333
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Typing Skills

    This thread is about forumites and Professional Typing skills and their methods. Personally I consider that any typing that is not structurally substantiated as something closer to a belief than a proper typing.

    This is not to say that typings without objective analysis have no value but only that such typing are not convincing and more importantly that people who want to learn how to type can be confused and as a result don't learn much. In addition to this, there are several schools of socionics and if the typist doesn't mention his or her school of reference, it just adds confusion.

    How confident are you with your typing skills and why ?



  2. #2
    Lo'taur ! godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,333
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let me begging this thread with some observations.

    The problem in typing forumites it that most forumites don't ask enough questions. I mean, imho most people here are introverts and the lack of questions asked to the fellow forumites who want to be typed is somewhat an indicator of said introversion. You have the subject at your disposal and he or she is more than willing to answer questions but you prefer to find out for yourself (from within) a way to answer the question you haven't even verbalized. For most people here, the typing process is like a guessing, or some kind of remote viewing.


    There is in most forumite typits this propensity to acquire only very few information from the subject and rely on their subconscious to do the work and bring to consciousness one or a very narrowed selection of potential "type images" (subjective understanding of sociotypes). This is an intuitive way of typing, it's not a method justified by information analysis allowing the typist to determine where they stem from (Vital/Mental - Blocks - Functions)


    Typing takes time and a lot of investigations and interactions (direct or indirect (through observations)) between the typist and the subject. The advantage of this site is that typing is kinda free ! So one can bombarde the subject with questions and thus has more opportunities to gather as much data as needed to forge a meaningful and sensical typing. That said, I suspect that most forumite don't even know what are the good question to ask because most of them don't even know what to look for in the first place, because it's all about "vibe" and "force-typing"...



    That said, there is no doubt that some force-typist are really talented in their art, the problem lies in our own subjectivity hence the "type-image" issue.
    Last edited by godslave; 03-21-2024 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Minor tweaks I edited this post multiple times !!

  3. #3
    Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    8,256
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    How confident are you with your typing skills and why ?


    Depends on the fingerprint they leave.






    For instance, you can pretty much shovel Carl Jung, Rupert Sheldrake, Ian McGilchrist into the LII box. They just produce very similar stuff without being aware each other (at some point).

    BTW I have graduate level education on regarding this sort of stuff in science. Detecting what sort of stuff I encounter. So, in general, I want to see some sort of SRM (standard reference material) exposed to different matrices just to infer certain levels. Note, that it also includes noticing false positives/negatives (ie. contradictions) so you need to have a clue how they behave when exposed to different conditions. Furthermore, I think my dataset is not complete yet.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-21-2024 at 01:58 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

    Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

  4. #4
    Lo'taur ! godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,333
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Reality Denialist View Post
    Depends on the fingerprint they leave.





    For instance, you can pretty much shovel Carl Jung, Rupert Sheldrake, Ian McGilchrist into the LII box. They just produce very similar stuff without being aware each other (at some point).

    BTW I have graduate level education on regarding this sort of stuff in science. Detecting what sort of stuff I encounter. So, in general, I want to see some sort of SRM (standard reference material) exposed to different matrices just to infer certain levels. Note, that it also includes noticing false positives/negatives (ie. contradictions) so you need to have a clue how they behave when exposed to different conditions. Furthermore, I think my dataset is not complete yet
    That's interesting indeed. This people are pretty famous and if we take an SHS approach on the context, I would say that their work stems from their social mission block (at least for the most part). However, according to Dr.G most people don't have the opportunity to really let their social mission express itself because they "use" their social adaptation block functions more (for some obscure reason). So people who have not significantly contributed to the development of society (social progress) and like Michael Pierce would say "became heroes of the History Books" are in fact the majority.

    That said, I wonder if exceptional people are easier to type than "normies". I am inclined to think that they are because at least they are more visible and in a sense, their work speaks for them. However, I am not sure that what they produce or the domain in which they obtain notoriety and recognition necessarily stems exclusively from their social mission block. I mean when you think about it, we don't take a whole lot of personal satisfaction from the product of our "strong" functions but rather from our weak and valued functions (the equivalent of Super-Id block). Although I know that in Model G the concept of super-id is not really relevant and doesn't make much sense, I would argue that the "reward to risk ratio" is nonetheless relevant even from a behavioral perspective.

    Personally, I prefer the information (verbal or written) analysis method. School of System Socionics has a very good method (the russian version of the website has a lot of analysis examples), the problem is of course that Socionics being not a standardized thing in terms of definitions and approaches, the SSS method is optimized for SSS and some typings results will necessary be different from that of other schools. I am trying to kinda frankensteine my own typing "method" by selecting some stuff in different schools but it's very difficult to keep it compatible and somewhat in line with all the socionics approaches. But yeah, my typing skills are still not very sharp !



    Edit : BTW, I don't have any degree or graduate level education on anything. I appreciate greatly your scientific rigour !

  5. #5
    Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    8,256
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    That's interesting indeed. This people are pretty famous and if we take an SHS approach on the context, I would say that their work stems from their social mission block (at least for the most part). However, according to Dr.G most people don't have the opportunity to really let their social mission express itself because they "use" their social adaptation block functions more (for some obscure reason). So people who have not significantly contributed to the development of society (social progress) and like Michael Pierce would say "became heroes of the History Books" are in fact the majority.

    That said, I wonder if exceptional people are easier to type than "normies". I am inclined to think that they are because at least they are more visible and in a sense, their work speaks for them. However, I am not sure that what they produce or the domain in which they obtain notoriety and recognition necessarily stems exclusively from their social mission block. I mean when you think about it, we don't take a whole lot of personal satisfaction from the product of our "strong" functions but rather from our weak and valued functions (the equivalent of Super-Id block). Although I know that in Model G the concept of super-id is not really relevant and doesn't make much sense, I would argue that the "reward to risk ratio" is nonetheless relevant even from a behavioral perspective.
    Well, the truth comes out when you tease it. Lol, I'm so guilty of this. It is too easy to find faults. Many times core personality, does not show up due to certain norms. They may have most interesting triggers, though, and I say that those are excellent clues. In someways successful (under eccentric criteria) exceptional people have gone through it, they don't have anything to hide.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

    Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

  6. #6
    A turn of the praise Expansion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    Presents
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can type IRL with time. It's a sorting pile and it requires a placing of a name to it, and those templates are here.

    Recenty was around LSE EII dual. 100 percent bullseye.

    I'm friends with a couple of SLI and I like them a lot. We just blend together, not just miximg at all.

    Online I can't see you so I'm missing impressions, but I watched the EIE above in his video here, and I understand him better. It coalesced a solid type. It's got the look or mark, it was a combustion moment.



    Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

    Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

    To experience is simple, to explain is divine

    Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement




  7. #7
    Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    LII-C
    Posts
    4,455
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find it difficult to evaluate how correct I am as I am seeing more and more flaws with the theory and I'm not really sure by what measure I am typing when the type itself is far away from the theory. today I met an extremly analytical woman who was heavily involved into physics and I internally had no idea how I would even remotely convince her that she is a "feeling" or "ethical" type in typology, so by definition someone who makes decisions based on emotions. she looked like Sabine Hossenfelder.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BkZ1gXqYy4

    I mean it's clear that Sabine is extremly analytical and unexpressive too but she also writes (in my opinion very awful) poetry and creates songs and dresses up for them and I would consider that pretty emotional behaviour. there isn't really a precise way to type. I ignore most typings by others but I usually think most of them are pretty awful too. I have a certain set of standards that I need to see in other people before I take them seriously. if that's not there I just see it has mindless small-talk
    my ideas about socionics:

    https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

    the section will be updated ever other month or so.

    this is a VI thread with IEI examples

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

    and this is a thread with EIE examples

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

  8. #8
    khaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2024
    TIM
    ILI-Ni H
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type doesn't change but people change their types all the time regardless which tells me that from the viewpoint of the person being typed on the Internet, there's not much use to any of it other than getting an on-topic thread going and refining each other's understanding of Socionics concepts through discussion. When guessing someone's type, I usually start from evaluating the person's own assumptions about themselves and then I rely more or less 50/50 on vibe and a "syncretic" analytical approach. By syncretic I mean sticking with the 4 dichotomies, Model A blocks and function dichotomies for the most part but I find DCNH and some of Gulenko's "small groups" to be useful too.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2024
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @godslave very good points. I feel so called out , but also like grateful that you wrote this because it brought into my awareness a very common omission that I'm making in other life areas too. Because I can regonise situations that I failed to do as you describe here and it resulted in not the best performance. Your analysis is very good. And I'm glad that you verbalised it like this.
    (Which makes me think that you are speaking from a function that falls on the super-id block for me.)

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2024
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    Let me begging this thread with some observations.

    The problem in typing forumites it that most forumites don't ask enough questions. I mean, imho most people here are introverts and the lack of questions asked to the fellow forumites who want to be typed is somewhat an indicator of said introversion. You have the subject at your disposal and he or she is more than willing to answer questions but you prefer to find out for yourself (from within) a way to answer the question you haven't even verbalized. For most people here, the typing process is like a guessing, or some kind of remote viewing.


    There is in most forumite typits this propensity to acquire only very few information from the subject and rely on their subconscious to do the work and bring to consciousness one or a very narrowed selection of potential "type images" (subjective understanding of sociotypes). This is an intuitive way of typing, it's not a method justified by information analysis allowing the typist to determine where they stem from (Vital/Mental - Blocks - Functions)


    Typing takes time and a lot of investigations and interactions (direct or indirect (through observations)) between the typist and the subject. The advantage of this site is that typing is kinda free ! So one can bombarde the subject with questions and thus has more opportunities to gather as much data as needed to forge a meaningful and sensical typing. That said, I suspect that most forumite don't even know what are the good question to ask because most of them don't even know what to look for in the first place, because it's all about "vibe" and "force-typing"...



    That said, there is no doubt that some force-typist are really talented in their art, the problem lies in our own subjectivity hence the "type-image" issue.
    I mean about this above
    I feel like it is very important information for me, so I suppose from my reaction to it, it must be falling on the super-id block for me.

  11. #11
    Lo'taur ! godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,333
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simplylee View Post
    @godslave very good points. I feel so called out , but also like grateful that you wrote this because it brought into my awareness a very common omission that I'm making in other life areas too. Because I can recognize situations that I failed to do as you describe here and it resulted in not the best performance. Your analysis is very good. And I'm glad that you verbalised it like this.
    (Which makes me think that you are speaking from a function that falls on the super-id block for me.)
    Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad that you found in what said some usefulness.

  12. #12
    Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    8,256
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Like a good polygraph test, we should attach electrodes to balls as well.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

    Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

  13. #13
    Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,475
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've been doing informal typings for 18 years and formal typings for 8 years so I think I'm pretty good at it.

    It sounds like you're talking more about formal typings, and in that context it's far more effective to type people through video interviews than through text. I often don't get a strong impression through forum posts because it's a low-bandwidth medium that isn't spontaneous.
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-05-2024 at 06:24 AM.

  14. #14
    A turn of the praise Expansion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    Presents
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TRD

    The Rational Diviner



    Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

    Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

    To experience is simple, to explain is divine

    Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement




  15. #15
    Lo'taur ! godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,333
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I've been doing informal typings for 18 years and formal typings for 8 years so I think I'm pretty good at it.

    It sounds like you're talking more about formal typings, and in that context it's far more effective to type people through video interviews than through text. I often don't get a strong impression through forum posts because it's a low-bandwidth medium that isn't spontaneous.
    Indeed. What I want to see more are formal typings. Obviously video interviews are the best way to acquire the data needed even if in some cases several sessions might be necessary.

    Again, what I would like to see more in this forum are typings with a minimum of substantiation or "rationale" as it were, regardless of source material (text or video). I mean better arguments than just the type acronyms or stuff like "that person looks like such and such therefore ESI !" or "LSI ! definitely beta, definitely rational, definitely [pick any Reinin dichotomy that correspond to LSI]".

    I am aware that developing good typing skills is not easy. I can understand that most forumites prefer to just give the result of their impressions without further explanations. Maybe some of them simply can't articulate the rationale behind their typing while being "good" at it (although it would be hard for me to judge).
    I would add that obviously there are professional/excerpt typists (like yourself (?)) who propose their services and/or courses for anyone who is interested, that is also a factor to keep in mind.

  16. #16
    Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    LII-C
    Posts
    4,455
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I am aware that developing good typing skills is not easy. I can understand that most forumites prefer to just give the result of their impressions without further explanations. Maybe some of them simply can't articulate the rationale behind their typing while being "good" at it (although it would be hard for me to judge).
    I would add that obviously there are professional/excerpt typists (like yourself (?)) who propose their services and/or courses for anyone who is interested, that is also a factor to keep in mind.
    I think there might just be a very mundane reason for most typings that get posted here without explanations: it's simply too time-consuming to do that. I would love to give detailed explanation why I think someone has a specific type and I would like to answer long posts that people create about themselves because many talk about their creative hobbies but it's just sucks too much time out of your life (at least from my point of view). I regret not saving my explanations of specific typings I have made over the years because if someone asks me why I give a specific public figure a type, I would not be able to answer because it would be too much work to research everything again and since you have only 16 types the typings themselves can get very repetitive. for most people it's just a hobby and I obviously would like the theory to be more professional but that doesn't seem possible at the moment.

    let's say you think about 5 typings of forum members in your everyday life. you are literally occupying your brain with something that is completely unrelated to the real world and is probably of no concrete benefit to you outside of mental stimulation
    my ideas about socionics:

    https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

    the section will be updated ever other month or so.

    this is a VI thread with IEI examples

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

    and this is a thread with EIE examples

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

  17. #17
    A turn of the praise Expansion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    Presents
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1582423

    I could add Fi creative to this.

    I watch his channel for plumbing tips, and not too long ago i replaced my mother inlaws water heater watching this, fyi.



    Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

    Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

    To experience is simple, to explain is divine

    Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement




  18. #18
    Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,475
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by on a peaceful hiatus View Post
    I think there might just be a very mundane reason for most typings that get posted here without explanations: it's simply too time-consuming to do that. I would love to give detailed explanation why I think someone has a specific type and I would like to answer long posts that people create about themselves because many talk about their creative hobbies but it's just sucks too much time out of your life (at least from my point of view). I regret not saving my explanations of specific typings I have made over the years because if someone asks me why I give a specific public figure a type, I would not be able to answer because it would be too much work to research everything again and since you have only 16 types the typings themselves can get very repetitive. for most people it's just a hobby and I obviously would like the theory to be more professional but that doesn't seem possible at the moment.

    let's say you think about 5 typings of forum members in your everyday life. you are literally occupying your brain with something that is completely unrelated to the real world and is probably of no concrete benefit to you outside of mental stimulation
    It's fine if you don't want to take the time to research a typing thoroughly. But in that case you should probably also refrain from giving a conclusion. The sheer amount of noise and differing opinions in the community is enough to put a lot of people off.

    "I obviously would like the theory to be more professional but that doesn't seem possible at the moment."

    I'm not sure what this means. Several people including myself do professional typing services. Obviously there will always be a bunch of amateurs throwing opinions around, so what doesn't seem possible exactly?
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-05-2024 at 06:23 AM.

  19. #19
    Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    LII-C
    Posts
    4,455
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    It's fine if you don't want to take the time to research a typing thoroughly. But in that case you should probably also refrain from giving a conclusion. The sheer amount of noise and differing opinions in the community is enough to put a lot of people off.

    "I obviously would like the theory to be more professional but that doesn't seem possible at the moment."

    I'm not sure what this means. Several people including myself do professional typing services. Obviously there will always be a bunch of amateurs throwing opinions around, so what doesn't seem possible exactly?
    I mean research itself is fine. I am very observant. It's just that writing an answer with all the arguments is a lot of time and you need to prepare for questions or explain your side better and so on and doing that for every single individual, it becomes a full-time job. I personally do not like how commercial typology is in its current state. I cannot respect it as a serious science at the moment. When money is at play you are never 100% honest. I don't think you are LII btw, not in the way I see the 16 types at least.
    my ideas about socionics:

    https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

    the section will be updated ever other month or so.

    this is a VI thread with IEI examples

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

    and this is a thread with EIE examples

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

  20. #20
    Spiritual Advisor Hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Posts
    3,448
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post



    How confident are you with your typing skills and why ?


    100/100

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2024
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How does one account for life circumstances that can change the way types present themselves? For example, if an ESE is clinically depressed, they may not show the emotional affect that is characteristic of that type and appear emotionally ‘flat.’ ADHD can also make someone’s mannerisms appear similar to those of a type with an Ne ego.

  22. #22
    jimi$dope one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    705
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let’s be real, no reality would police you so no matter who you are you’re obviously you’re gonna be right in your typings, it’s your story
    Unless you say you are now wrong, then maybe you’ll agree to some new revolutionary post or something, which means that you are right this time
    Wake up

  23. #23
    Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    LII-C
    Posts
    4,455
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you can't be wrong in a field that doesn't have precise definitions anyway. your idea of a type can be entirely different from another person. you can only accept someones idea and become a cult follower or opponent.
    my ideas about socionics:

    https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

    the section will be updated ever other month or so.

    this is a VI thread with IEI examples

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

    and this is a thread with EIE examples

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

  24. #24
    A turn of the praise Expansion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    Presents
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    I had dinner last night with this type^

    It's the sound and content and ethical presentation via YT template.

    He was very humorous and full on Se.

    Wanting to be a free soul from being into any situation not to his liking was his mantra and exploration of everything physical. Parks, hiking and riding his tour motorcycle into the sunset. Sensory stuff and freedom was his desire.

    Very nice and considerate overall.

    He fit the vid. template nicely in ego presentation, and looked and talked like this YT guy.

    Expansion bought his dinner last night.

    It is a little strange to run across doubles like this.



    Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

    Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

    To experience is simple, to explain is divine

    Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement




  25. #25
    A turn of the praise Expansion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    Presents
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OP cloaked invisible, and mysteriously disappeared fell off of Earth.



    Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

    Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

    To experience is simple, to explain is divine

    Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement




  26. #26
    I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Where North meets South
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Posts
    1,320
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can confidently type some specific types. The ones I've had close interpersonal communication and have spent some time analysing their mental faculties, natural skills, inclinations, philosophies and interests.
    Some people I can type by just looking at them 101 (ESE, IEE, some LII, SEI, SEE, LIE). Others I am still at experimental level, I can spot many similar types which I haven't come to a conclusive result about their types, but I can still recognize it in a purely perceptive non judgemental way.
    I rely on Greek temperaments, Gulenko's temperaments, Cognition, Life Philosophy, Intellectual Skill/Clarity, Mythological Age, Four MBTI Letters hmmmm, and Cognitive Function analysis.

    Not disappointed with the results so far.

    Sometimes I try to guess someone's type based off their relations with others, but it has not proven to be reliable enough
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

  27. #27
    🎈🎈🎈🎈(•́⍜•̀) 🎈🎈🎈🎈 squishycans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    TIM
    Alivian IEI™
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @godslave

    um...well...we could also be completely honest about this. These types...they are cognitive filters...archetypes...profiled patterns of behaviors. It's not reality. The patterns don't fit 1:1 and people are messy, complicated, have their own traumas/issues/experiences, own desire to live. Each type is a container without context. Each person has their own content. Each moment might build to the next...maybe you can't step in the same river twice and at any time major patterns can be altered...maybe the types are really just the shadows in the cave and just an allegory for our superficial ways of being to be transcended.

    And maybe we should first understand that each person is essentially separate from another...we can not read each other's mind's and actually know another person...instead we must know another person's mind through our own mind, we must distort/project the idea of another through the silliness of our own mind. To truly know people means patience, time, effort, effective communication, two people working together to appreciate one another, and when that's all done, do the types even matter anymore? You've broken the barrier and connected in a way that's meaningful, despite being of separate minds. Isn't that what people really seek anyway? Or is it something else? What do people even want to do with Socionics? I just wanted to explain things because I've had a hard time connecting with people over my life. But I don't know what other people want and they may not even really know themselves, makes this hard to answer.

    But everybody is right in what they see. It's all just pattern matching in the end. We just don't all agree on the zero-sum conclusions. But I don't think it even has to be a zero-sum game. I think Socionics can help and be useful as an overall philosophical endeavor into what it means to have personality and how we relate with one another, even if we are just talking about the shadows in the cave.
    I am Batman.

  28. #28
    Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    LII-C
    Posts
    4,455
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what if the content is unique, but the container is the same? what if it really isn't about who you are as random information hits you through life which shapes you. what if it's about how you will interpret the information which is the same, but the experiences are unique. what if there are yet unknown variations between people of the same type that haven't been identified yet?
    my ideas about socionics:

    https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

    the section will be updated ever other month or so.

    this is a VI thread with IEI examples

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

    and this is a thread with EIE examples

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

  29. #29
    🎈🎈🎈🎈(•́⍜•̀) 🎈🎈🎈🎈 squishycans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    TIM
    Alivian IEI™
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, yes, and there are (I'd say). Maybe it's best to just say that type is one of many facets to personality. Then it leaves room to explore everything else and find the most relevant and satisfactory answers. For example, I do like the mathematics of the relations and often see it play out in other people (and myself when younger), even if Socionics itself is rather murky and not really supposed to be relationally prescriptive as an all-encompassing theory of how people relate or should relate. But then again, I'm not sure it was ever really intended that way or if that's just what most people want from it. It would be interesting to hear what prominent Socionics people, such as Gulenko, would say (if he hasn't already).

    Are there articles where Socionists explore the "limits" of the theory and how they think it should be used/treated? Maybe there are, but I don't speak Russian.
    I am Batman.

  30. #30
    🎈🎈🎈🎈(•́⍜•̀) 🎈🎈🎈🎈 squishycans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    TIM
    Alivian IEI™
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So this is what I've seen has more of an effect on relations and personality over Socionics, just to give an example, this kind of just came to me now after I woke up and made some coffee.

    mental illness/personality disorder (dsm, includes neurodiversity)
    >
    unresolved trauma (maybe includes enneagram as a trauma theory)
    >
    ego fixation (Jungian Neurosis, too much ego, not enough self-awareness of the ego and its effects on things)
    >
    Political/Cultural Identification Bullshit (anything that divides/projects zero-sum representations of things)
    >
    Socionics type

    Those are the things that come to mind without having to think about it too hard. I'm sure there's more and other people probably have different experiences/categories. Not to highjack the thread (if GodSlave cares at this point), but I'd love to hear them.
    I am Batman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •