Thread: Wrong self-identification by Alpha-types

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wrong self-identification by Alpha-types

For years I have believed that my type is INFp - it was so clear for me as death and taxes. Even my last activity here was focused on analyzing relations within Beta quadra. I discovered myself again when being in my first long-term relationship, because my attitude toward partner resembled more Caring style. That aroused my curiosity and inspired to learn more about Si funcition... I was surprised how many signs I ignored in the past, sticking to the belief that my one and only type is IEI.

Does any of you, my Dear Alfa fellows, have a history of believing to be different socionics type for a longer time? What made you think that way?
    I'll start first:
    • I have a strong and vivid imagination (but I use Ni less conciously and efficiently compared to IEI)
    • I tend to react oversensitive when having contact with art, or beauty/ugliness (I could expand that point but let's keep it
    • Under stress I have a tendency to over-dramatize about present and upcoming events - that can also cause stress to my relatives (there was a short moment that I thought my type is EIE because of that trait)
    • My MBTI test results is always INFX

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ParrotEatingCarrot View Post
    For years I have believed that my type is INFp - it was so clear for me as death and taxes. Even my last activity here was focused on analyzing relations within Beta quadra. I discovered myself again when being in my first long-term relationship, because my attitude toward partner resembled more Caring style. That aroused my curiosity and inspired to learn more about Si funcition... I was surprised how many signs I ignored in the past, sticking to the belief that my one and only type is IEI.

Does any of you, my Dear Alfa fellows, have a history of believing to be different socionics type for a longer time? What made you think that way?
    I'll start first:
    • I have a strong and vivid imagination (but I use Ni less conciously and efficiently compared to IEI)
    • I tend to react oversensitive when having contact with art, or beauty/ugliness (I could expand that point but let's keep it
    • Under stress I have a tendency to over-dramatize about present and upcoming events - that can also cause stress to my relatives (there was a short moment that I thought my type is EIE because of that trait)
    • My MBTI test results is always INFX
    This is a good post. I went through a similar experience. It's just that I wasn't paying enough attention to valued elements.

INFp won't look receptible to the things that do matter to an ISFp, as IEIs have a tendency to direct their focus to normalized and institutionalized customs in relationships and regurgitate the usual stuff and recipes that are socially received wisdom about life that an ISFp will call trite. They just never seem to go outside the script somehow. And they are meant to be so because Alpha is less open to generic wisdom. The script was (is!) everywhere when I was growing up to the point I thought everyone was seriously misdirected or lining up to the reenactment of the toxic relationships and group dynamics practically everyone warned us about, or to ruin their own psyche. Se/Ni for Fe is...cheerleader vibe that take society's opinion and customs to heart and pays too much attention to people's feelings...but in the 'wrong' and 'dramatic' way, you know? Once you get that out of the way, 'imagination' is more of a secondary trait for type discernment among feeling types.

An ISFp'a use of imagination is more free-style because Alpha Ne makes you be after the 'discovery' just for itself and the contentment it provides. Like you you read a poem just to marvel at the overall phenomenology and the connotations (also meaning: the further possibilities that appear in your mind) but the INFps read it because it's dramatic and it talks about heartbreak and roses. An SEI and an IEI need to utilize their inner eye to draw something from the poem, but echoes of an equidistant rambler are more more noticeable in the SEI. Personally, right now I'm in the middle of the writing process essay-long commentary about the last 15 minutes of a movie like...what benefit could I ever get out of that? Days spent in front of a keyboard worrying about composition so that my angle is clear. Hours down the drain I'm never actually going to paid for that I will happily misuse because of the joy that I get from comparing, recombining, reinterpreting. That's Ne/Ti valuing.

And I could recognize myself as a sensor because I was always in competition with an LSI for resources. In his case, he was trying to control physical objects to extract something in his favor and his regimen; in mine, I was overly zealous of my energy so he could never really put me to use. For this reason after some time we subconsciously interpreted each other's motives as disinterest in each other's well-being and we just ignored the other person. I think there's more of a perception that intuitives are more malleable in that regard. As a sensor you make unconscious statements in the way you go about life about access to 'special object', your space and territory. You don't butt heads with N types over that as much. Similarly, an N type must resent another N type gaining the upper hand in the mind meme they circulate over the environment.

TIM
    SLE-Ti or ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karu View Post
    This is a good post. I went through a similar experience. It's just that I wasn't paying enough attention to valued elements.

INFp won't look receptible to the things that do matter to an ISFp, as IEIs have a tendency to direct their focus to normalized and institutionalized customs in relationships and regurgitate the usual stuff and recipes that are socially received wisdom about life that an ISFp will call trite. They just never seem to go outside the script somehow. And they are meant to be so because Alpha is less open to generic wisdom. The script was (is!) everywhere when I was growing up to the point I thought everyone was seriously misdirected or lining up to the reenactment of the toxic relationships and group dynamics practically everyone warned us about, or to ruin their own psyche. Se/Ni for Fe is...cheerleader vibe that take society's opinion and customs to heart and pays too much attention to people's feelings...but in the 'wrong' and 'dramatic' way, you know? Once you get that out of the way, 'imagination' is more of a secondary trait for type discernment among feeling types.

An ISFp'a use of imagination is more free-style because Alpha Ne makes you be after the 'discovery' just for itself and the contentment it provides. Like you you read a poem just to marvel at the overall phenomenology and the connotations (also meaning: the further possibilities that appear in your mind) but the INFps read it because it's dramatic and it talks about heartbreak and roses. An SEI and an IEI need to utilize their inner eye to draw something from the poem, but echoes of an equidistant rambler are more more noticeable in the SEI. Personally, right now I'm in the middle of the writing process essay-long commentary about the last 15 minutes of a movie like...what benefit could I ever get out of that? Days spent in front of a keyboard worrying about composition so that my angle is clear. Hours down the drain I'm never actually going to paid for that I will happily misuse because of the joy that I get from comparing, recombining, reinterpreting. That's Ne/Ti valuing.

And I could recognize myself as a sensor because I was always in competition with an LSI for resources. In his case, he was trying to control physical objects to extract something in his favor and his regimen; in mine, I was overly zealous of my energy so he could never really put me to use. For this reason after some time we subconsciously interpreted each other's motives as disinterest in each other's well-being and we just ignored the other person. I think there's more of a perception that intuitives are more malleable in that regard. As a sensor you make unconscious statements in the way you go about life about access to 'special object', your space and territory. You don't butt heads with N types over that as much. Similarly, an N type must resent another N type gaining the upper hand in the mind meme they circulate over the environment.
    I like the descriptions of alpha Ne and Ti. I can relate to novelty and understanding for novelty and understanding’s sake. However, there’s always a push for money and practicality lol
    But practicality has always followed novelty. The issue is novelty takes up a lot more energy and time

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karu View Post
    Similarly, an N type must resent another N type gaining the upper hand in the mind meme they circulate over the environment.
    True! I get more emotional about people's opinions than what they're doing with physical things/space. If someone messes with my stuff, it takes a lot more offensive behavior for them to actually make me angry or sad than someone with low quality ideas trying to convince me.

You might want to check your dcnh .. Depending on what it is, there will be an accentuation of certain functions... I forget what Ni accentuation pointed to

You can check it out here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/mbti/commen...sd&sh=e54a3e4e