Thread: What type/function is this?

TIM
    EII 459 so/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type/function is this?

For some reason I tend to find certain words, foods, countries, songs, etc funny but I never find jokes funny, and my brother has a very similar sense of humor to mine. Whenever I invent a funny imaginary scenario, come up with a funny sentence and say it with a funny tone of voice, or find something funny (or my brother does any of those three options on my behalf and shares it with me), then I tend to cover up such an idea with vague mental imagery of people, e.g. a female with her hair in a ponytail (as one example. I feel very uncomfortable elaborating on details).
    All my life I've accumulated loads of mental images of different people, different settings, different aesthetics, and I don't know what this process is called or why I do this. Are they schemata? I know this sentence makes me look dumb, but I can't seem to find much specific information about certain schemata on the net, e.g. when I research aesthetics on that stupid weird Fandom website almost every aesthetic I find is basically a combination of multiple schemata I possess. These vague, hard-to-define mental images are the reason for my identity crisis - I choose one aesthetic that I have in my mind's eye but then I get bored of it, and my overall style is so eclectic because I have great difficulty choosing one aesthetic. Even genres/aesthetics that already exist and are universally known by almost everyone (e.g. horror, or emo) cause me to associate them with completely different and sometimes even contradictory mental imagery.
    Is this just my autism? Does everyone do this?
    4w3 5w4 9w8 so/sx ISFP RLUEI EII ELVF melancholic-phlegmatic

TIM
    SLE-Ti or ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not entirely sure what this would be in socionics but it reminds me a lot of Si as described by Jung on Psychological Types.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you're in doubt, try to make a typing thread with a video
    EII is INFJ; ISFP is SEI