Thread: Semiduality first impressions/how to bridge distance

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Semiduality first impressions/how to bridge distance

Is it a thing that semiduals tend to initially feel like the other is very uninterested in them, or even dislikes them?
    In high school there were a couple very sociable SEEs that always seemed to get uncomfortable around me, like they didn't know what to do around me. I just thought they were utterly uninterested. I just talked to my friend with some SLI semidual friends who said she initially thought they hated her too. What is a good way to bridge the gap?
    There is one SEE in particular, that I'm pretty sure is also my DCNH "dual", that I keep running into. I've actually known them for years but we never actually talked, and now we have small opportunities to talk, but I don't know how to make them feel comfortable around me and to get past small talk where it feels like (subjectively to me) that they are just waiting for it to end.
    I've never been friends with an SEE so I don't have any experience with semiduality.
    Last edited by persimmonism; 01-10-2024 at 09:04 PM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no reason to think so. people with this IR are relatively exotic and pleasant
    there are many reasons for interest to develop, and type is just one of them. besides, the types of specific individuals, like those purported SEEs, may be different

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my experiences semi-duals tend to love and hate each other at the same time. Afterall, they’re the imperfect version of duality. They’re like duality except with lots of awkwardness.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel I often have to engage with Ti with IEEs. They cant see "the point" and will go off on tangents. Maybe they have the same problem with me and my bad Te.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Irrational's semidual is rational's mirage.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Universal Dual Seeking Consciousness (164 IQ) BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi-duality is pretty much like duality, except that you don't complement each other as well, I guess. But at least in terms of communication, it seems almost like the same thing, considering one's focus tend to revolve mostly around dom-inferior aspects of life. But it's an interesting thing to think about.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I mean less for a deeper relationship and more for being acquaintances

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby13357 View Post
    From my experiences semi-duals tend to love and hate each other at the same time. Afterall, they’re the imperfect version of duality. They’re like duality except with lots of awkwardness.
    It's not so much hate as it is a bit of a disappointment. They "get it" at first but as time progresses the little things they don't "get" become apparent. An SLE will be at first be overjoyed that an ILI flawlessly explains and rationalizes all their but then gets confused at how they utterly fumble the aspect they were also hoping for in a secondary way. It's like talking to a rather compelling yet ultimately lacking A.I. They give me what I want overall but the whole delivery is off. Not in a "deal breaking" way but they really could have put it all in a much better way.

Same goes for the ILI. Heck yeah! Finally someone who knows how to feed my with the exact data it... Hey wait a minute? I already know how it all works out in minute detail thank you very much so why are you telling me things I already know? I needed something more... intense. More emotional. Dare I say human? People already accuse me of being a robot without emotion and yet when I really work you up that's what you start acting like from my end. Why?

I suspect this is why Kindred types get along so well. That secondary decision axis they don't share provides endless data the other never really considered until the other brought it up because their primary axis is identical. ILI's and IEI's (for instance) can get along quite well exactly because they always manage to bring up something they'd never even thought of on their own whilst working from a similar primary mindset. is a hell of a drug after all. The visons flowing unbidden into one's minds eye. Like two people sharing the same dream but experiencing it so very differently despite that fact yet knowing it was indeed the same dream so they both did share that experience somehow...

Man I hope this helps.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t be a bitch

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love SEIs because they're social. I run into them all the time. They're great for silly fun, sensuality, and their protective instincts. We can just never get on the same page as it relates to long term goals. And I find them too judgy. Otherwise though, just as friends, they're so much fun and I tend to love them and sometimes need them.

You mustn't think thought control Distance's Avatar
    TIM
    Fe Ni
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only experience IRL is with SEI romantically, and i can say we are not worlds apart in communication. In fact we see eye to eye, not like we are cross talking past each other.

Our methods of doing things are somewhat worlds apart, though. I'm results they are process. Ni Role vs Ni Ignore. Se Role Se ignore.
    I push out Te, they are PoLR. I've learned not to suggest on how to do something better, it can end in eruptions.

I've had SLI friends, though not female ever, and i think i wanted someone without that hard diamond transactional edge with T types. On the forum i've found two IEE with similar sentiments in the archives, man,woman, also considering SEI, but maybe not by my reasons.

I have 3 examples of semi-dual in fam. ESE/LSI . They get along fine, but methods are not the same here, also.

In actuality there is some conflict on methods and how to get through life's projects.

ESE lives in a Disney park Ne bubble, and want that wholeness of experience, think of many ways to try something new and readily share that with you. LSI do not like unexpected change or surprises.

Black & white is a shallow divide ∕∕division is the color that multipliesx

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

Abstract builds a soul, a house can never become a home without it

A little better makes better more>
    ♦♦