Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visual Identification Project (IEI edition)

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Visual Identification Project (IEI edition)

I am planning to write a longer post on my website about how people with the same type can sometimes be extremly similar but it might be constructive to have a thread here so I can think about how I am going to structure things. this is not a thread about type discussions. I just simply want to highlight visual aspects and got inspired by this video:

not only do the people in the video look like twins, they also behave in a similar way.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/doppelgangers-dont-just-look-alike-they-also-share-dna-180980635/

this article points out that:

"new research suggests that doppelgängers have more in common than meets the eye. People with very similar faces also share many of the same genes and lifestyle traits, according to a new paper published Tuesday in the journal Cell Reports."

all the examples in this thread are IEI from my point of view. please accept it and don't start unnecessary debates. this thread is not about type discussions and focuses completely on visual elements. I'm going to post here from time to time.
    Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 04:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this person got interviewed by Jack from World Socionics Society and looks like Barack Obama. I want to highlight that I do not endorse Jack or have anything to do with his school of socionics. I just thought the interview was interesting.

Barack Obama and Indonesian president Joko Widodo look alike

"the guardian" wrote an article about a person who looks similar to Obama.

https://www.theguardian.com/theguard...ger-ilham-anas

While Jack is a right-wing conservative, there's also leftist youtuber Vaush who creates videos with political commentary. I think they look alike in some of their videos.

I do not get along with Jack but think that Vaush makes a lot of points I can relate to, which makes me think that political orientation (which might be a core structure of personality that's relatively fixed) is more important than type compatibility, because I think Vaush and Jack have the same sociotype. It likely also heavily influences relationship stability between people.
    Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 05:35 AM.
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Subteigh: while your points are interesting, the main point of this thread is really just to collect visual similarities. I personally won't participate in discussions here.

Yevgeny Prigozhin looks similar to Pope Francis. conservative german politician Friedrich Merz also looks a bit similar

Ryan Gosling looks like Amin al-Husseini, a muslim leader and nationalist. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amin_al-Husseini

soccer player Eric Cantona looks similar to mathematician Grigori Perelman

this youtuber, who creates videos about math, looks like Jeff Bezos

Bill Ackman also resembles Jeff Bezos in my opinion

Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 05:39 AM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Visual identification for Socionics would probably be feasible if Socionics is true, but alas, it's lacking objective definitions and is in all probability false.

However, I'll try and put some readily observable traits of people based on what I've read from Big Five research, I think it'd have some applicability to Socionics if it was true. I'm just going from what I recall, so some of the details may be wrong or weak.

Having tattoos and piercings is associated with higher levels of openness to experience, and lower levels of agreeableness and lower levels of conscientiousness (the more abnormal and in-your-face they are, I guess the more likely they are to be XNTP traits). Gang\criminal tattoos are probably more associated with XSTP.

Having a friendly expression as well as smiling is correlated with extroversion and agreeableness.

Dying your hair unusual colours is associated with openness to experience and maybe also extroversion and agreeableness: regarding dying hair, this is perhaps the one where my memory is weakest.

Long hair is associated with lower levels of conscientiousness. I can see why it would but also why it wouldn't: on one hand, it takes some persistence to grow your hair long, and on the otherhand, short hair is possibly a sign you have your hair cut regularly even if it strictly it is only a sign you had your hair cut recently. I can see conscientious people having their hair cut short (and being clean-shaven, where applicable) as part of a way they keep a "neat" appearance in their view. I can also see how punks and other social contrarians might cut their hair short. I think there are also different dynamics for gender too.

Having a pickup truck is correlated with being more likely to be a Trump supporter and conservative - especially if you have a Confederate flag I guess, so a sign of below average openness to experience.

Having a display of religiosity is also a sign of conservatives and below average openness to experience and above average conscientiousness (probably other traits too).

I'll post more if I can think of more or re-discover more.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Asleep I want an IEI twin
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Claire Boucher, also known as Grimes, looks similar to Margaret Mead, who was a cultural anthropologist. Grimes also resembles Emily Dickinson

and weirdly enough, Talulah Riley, who was also in a relationship with Elon Musk. I think Grimes also looks a bit like Frida Kahlo

Candace Owens looks like her. Shivon Zilis, with whom Elon Musk also has children with, looks somewhat similar to grimes too, but not as much. she does however look a bit like actress Samara Weaving

who looks like actress Denise Richards, Margot Robbie and Jaime Pressly...

Margot Robbie and Jaime Pressly look in fact so similar, you can mesh their faces together

Heath Ledger and Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Coach Nico Kovac

Last edited by Still Alive; 04-14-2024 at 11:51 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of scientology, looks like filmmaker Christopher Nolan

actors Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Javier Bardem look like twins

artist Little Simz in my opinion resembles soccer player Kylian Mbappé

she wrote an excellent song that is basically about being an INFx personality type

Last edited by Still Alive; 02-10-2024 at 04:45 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the help of his community, youtuber penguinz0 has found several people who look like him and also behave in a similar way

Last edited by Still Alive; 06-03-2024 at 06:15 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two more penguinz0 look-a-likes (I can only upload 4 videos per post)

Nicole Poturalski and Irina Shayk are both models and look like twins.

Denise Ohnona and Kate Moss

Stephen Colbert and Bob Saget look very similar and guess what, they are both comedians

Kofi Annan won a nobel peace price but also looks like actor Morgan Freeman. novelist Wole Soyinka also resembles them.

novelist Abdulrazak Gurnah slightly resembles them, also soul singer Robert Finley who also looks like Jimy Hendrix

Gil Scott Heron and Jimy Hendrix also look similar

Musician Andre 3000 played Jimy Hendrix

and resembles Sly Stone

he also looks like quarterback Robert Griffin III

Tupac looks like Kobe Bryant

the basketball players Mookie Blaylock and Michael Jordan look very similar

soccer players Roy Makaay and Luiz Suárez also look-a-like

Sergio Ramos and Joseph Stalin

Mesut Özil and Enzo Ferrari

Luka Modric, Johan Cruyff and David Guetta

Memphis Depay from the Netherlands and Neymar.

Florian Wirtz from Germany, Netherlands Goalkeeper Bart Verbruggen

Lionel Messi and Björn Borg

Last edited by Still Alive; 09-22-2024 at 11:42 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

musician Jack White and actor johnny depp

actor Cillian Murphy and musician Jonny Greenwood

PJ Harvey, Julia Holter

Marlene Dietrich and Marylin Monroe

James Brolin, the father of Josh Brolin, and Christian Bale, all three are actors

Lana Del Rey and Priscilla Presley

Hannah Davis and Fiona Apple

Fiona Apple and rapper Ty Dolla $ign...

Joni Mitchell and Nico

Feist and Patti Smith

Last edited by Still Alive; 06-19-2024 at 09:00 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jordan Peterson and artist MC Escher

writer Hermann Hesse, german politician Karl Lauterbach

Stanley Kubrick and Salman Rushdie

musicians Runtown and Kendrick Lamar look almost identical. they also look like handball player Benoit Kounkoud and rapper King Los

B.O.B. and JPEGMafia

Last edited by Still Alive; 06-27-2024 at 05:00 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stan Lee and Gino Paoli

Scarlett Johansson and Amber Heard

Last edited by Still Alive; 06-28-2024 at 07:45 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

anyone has one head. all people are similar. hence all are IEI

psyche traits should be decided on a behavior

> not only do the people in the video look like twins, they also behave in a similar way

to have much similarly in appearance does not mean to have same Jung types
    to have much different appearance does not mean to have differing Jung types

only a behavior can be linked directly with Jung types theory
    Last edited by Sol; 11-10-2023 at 10:13 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Heads Frontman David Byrne and philosopher Robert Nozick, scholar Douglas Hofstadter, who wrote books like "Gödel, Escher, Bach", and Carl Sagan. I think each person looks a little like the next one.

Kurt Gödel and Samuell Beckett don't exactly look alike, but I thought it was interesting that they both have a black strand of hair. might be purely coincidental, though

Billy Joel and Sylvester Stallone

Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 02:36 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI's with very artistic tendencies tend to potray themselves in an otherworldy or reflective way

film director Andrey Tarkovsky and Robert Bresson and also writer Osamu Dazai and Aldous Huxley

author Olaf Stapledon and scientist Alan Turing

The Doors front man Jim Morrison and Nick Drake

Van Morrison and Don McLean

Last edited by Still Alive; 11-17-2023 at 09:34 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George Jones and Jim Carrey

Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carr

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dustin Hofmann, Leonard Cohen, Al Pacino, J.D. Salinger

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youtuber Ray William Johnson reminds me a lot of green day singer Billie Joe Armstrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-IuU3S9tQ8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTGr5t3MoY
    Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 06:18 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Cameron and Marc Zuckerberg

musician Barry White, chess player Hikaru Nakamura and Jazz player Charles Mingus

Last edited by Still Alive; 02-10-2024 at 05:02 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alan Rickman, Simon Phillips, Elliott Smith, german musician Bela B

Last edited by Still Alive; 02-10-2024 at 05:05 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actor William H. Macy and german musician Helge Schneider

Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 02:38 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allen Ginsberg and Francis Ford Coppola

Allen Ginsberg & Jeff Goldblum

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glenn Gould and Christian Bale

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

several film directors (spielberg, spike lee, coppola etc.) share the same style which is quite common among artists

Last edited by Still Alive; 05-26-2024 at 06:28 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burt Reynolds and Marlon Brando

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leonardo DiCaprio and Jack Nicholson

young Walt Disney and german comedian Jan Böhmermann

chess player José Raúl Capablanca and Simon Krätschmer, another german comedian

Last edited by Still Alive; 09-21-2024 at 05:04 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grace Kelly and Ingrid Bergman

Jane Levy and Emma Stone

Last edited by Still Alive; 02-10-2024 at 05:26 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soccer player David Alaba and musician Tyler, the Creator

David Alaba also looks like Kingslay Coman and they even played for the same team. basketball player Iman Shumpert also looks like them
    Last edited by Still Alive; 09-13-2024 at 07:53 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basketball player Nihad Djedovic and soccer player Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 02:38 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think these two youtubers resemble each other in some facial expressions

one day sol will get banned and I'm gonna be happy (it happened and I'm happy).

this woman from east africa reminds me of Cardi B in the way she carries herself.

actor Donald Glover and youtuber Jordan Howlett resemble each other

https://www.youtube.com/@jordan_the_stallion8
    Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 02:44 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

phew, first page done. I'm gonna take a break for a while. still have many examples to go through, but it's quite time consuming. you can find countless of doppelgänger blogs on the internet that contain half of the examples here, so I'm not sure if it's even all that important, considering that I think over 90% of all actors, professional musicians, celebrities etc. are IEI anyway. I have been wondering if I should also include non-famous people, as you can find countless examples too, probably even more, as you are not limited to a smaller pool of people
    Last edited by Still Alive; 09-13-2024 at 07:54 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, a german conservative politician, and Veronika Grimm, a well-known economist in germany

I'm more and more leaning towards the idea that every type has a myriad of subtypes and saying things like "this person has Fe" is somewhat pointless because every function can likely show itself through different ways. I think the more emotional IEI's are more idealistic, artistic, and care a lot about social issues, while there is a group of IEI who can be considered realists, pragmatists, and consider themselves individualistic and both groups pretty much seem to hate each other. It's really unclear to me how many of these variations exist, though. I'm just making observations

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

writer H.P. Lovecraft and american president Woodrow Wilson

In almost all of Lovecraft’s stories, the narrator or protagonist is a scholar, someone of high education, good social breeding and standing, and possessor of a healthy skepticism. In other words, the characters are, in many cases, reflections of Lovecraft himself. His rationalism and disdain for religion in all its forms built upon established classical mythology and resulted in something new and revolutionary.

Wilson's tariff, banking, and regulatory reforms were driven more by a quest for rationality and efficiency than by empathy and compassion.

Alec Baldwin and president Millard Fillmore

Bill Nye and president Abraham Lincoln

president Andrew Johnson and Tommy Lee Jones

Last edited by Still Alive; 04-03-2024 at 09:18 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmfao

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astrid Lindgren and Albert Einstein

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by on a peaceful hiatus View Post
    Brett Cooper and Ben Shapiro, two conservative public figures, communicate in a similar way and also have the same ideological convictions

posted it in another thread but it fits here oo:

Ben Shapiro, who works with Brett Cooper at the Daily Wire, looks like actor Daniel Doheny

What's interesting is that Cooper and Shapiro communicate and behave in exactly the same way and are both right-wing conservatives, but actor Daniel Doheny can be considered more emotional and liberal, so they would probably hate each other, despite Shapiro and Doheny looking identical. the film Doheny stares in seems very bad and forgettable, but you can derive some conclusions from it. Doheny fits the definition of the socionics IEI much more as "sensible idealistic artist" (in this case actor), so you could say that socionics VI doesn't really work, and simiarities are merely a coincidence. I personally do not share this view though, as it does often seem that people who look the same behave the same. the other argument you could make, which I personally believe might be the case, is that there's a fixed number of subtypes within each type and the closer people of the same type are to a subtype, the more they are going to relate to one another. whether or not that subtype is flexible enough to change during ones life is another question, though. there's also the question whether or not that subtype is determined by someones genetics. I personally doubt that people "choose" to be philosophers or artists, so I think the latter is the case. what I also think is that most type descriptions are wrong or at least very limited or inaccurate and based on a small sample size and not the whole population.

the magic of visual identification:

this youtuber, who speaks fluent chinese and fits my definition of Ni as theoretical perfectionism also resembles Ben Shapiro in my opinion and is probably more similar to him overall

Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 06:17 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

painter Nicolae Grigorescu and actor Orlando Bloom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Grigorescu

General George S. Patton and Donald Trump

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_S._Patton

Patton's colorful image, hard-driving personality, and success as a commander were at times overshadowed by his controversial public statements. His philosophy of leading from the front, and his ability to inspire troops with attention-getting, vulgarity-laden speeches

Emmanuel Macron and french writer Boris Vian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Vian
    Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 06:19 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeremy Allen White and Gene Wilder

officer Douglas MacArthur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_MacArthur

looks imo like Leonard Cohen in the first picture

and like Bruce Willis in this picture

this person who is sharing her life and her fight against ALS on youtube looks like Greta Thunberg

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    DEAD
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

German man discovers that the eight billion people in the world have doppelgangers: the thread.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    German man discovers that the eight billion people in the world have doppelgangers: the thread.
    random german man discovers after a decade of being involved in typology that all public figures have the same sociotype and that the other 15 are heavily underrepresented which has huge implications for our collective, global society and the dynamics happening within it. instead of having countless subjective debates about it that don't lead anywhere due to people having their own cognitive biasis, he tries to find some objective way to proof his observations with photos and videos that support his claim. Like it is with many discoveries, most people around him do not understand what he is doing or seeing and instead criticize him, but over time it will become apparent that he was right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast