Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Notes on my experience with duality

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are basically two forms of socionics: pure sociological, behavioral and in-depth, psychological that looks at how sociology forms (classical).. That’s why I prefer the ladder, but admittedly, I do fit the ITR patterns of iei better than of eii.. even though I wouldn’t be iei at all in terms of mental/vital track.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can argue that socionics is more focused on sociological things, so this wouldn’t be entirely inaccurate to focus on, but all behavior roots in from how someone internalizes information, which is why I believe modern socio is deficit. The ego blocks are rarely ever emphasized when others give socion” typings, and then aushura believed in the shadow, and this isn’t yet apartof socio.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed today that she still thinks I'm too good for her, and I've realized that she expects constant affirmation of my feelings/interest in her..because of my previous relationships I guess, but I told her that she is like no one I've ever met before...
    That got me thinking what it is that she sees in me that makes her insecure. I'm naturally weird as hell (but I can fake being decent in front of other people), and I have almost no common sense.
    These days she was making fun of me because I drank 2L of water in one go because I was very thirsty. I also have poor coordination and have very little attention to details. She doesn't seem to notice my weaknesses, which is expected, I just didn't know her insecurities would still come to surface sporadically though.
    Even though I have reasons to feel insecure as well, I guess that never made me feel inferior
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 05-01-2024 at 05:42 PM.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is now fully accepting of my Ne (and I have learned to better direct it) and I've basically understood all the main aspects of her behavior with me. She's not predictable yet, but I have managed to handle everything she "requests" me.

But summing up, I basically have to constantly show that I care about her, show that I'm angry If I get angry, and take advantage of my " scatteredness" to entertain her when she wants my attention or wants to talk.
    Everything is very smooth by now and we are entering a pretty companionship-like phase.

I guess I can call this a new phase in our relationship..

We've managed to deal with the beginning stages...from now on, everything internal (relationship wise) will be amazing and free. Maybe we will face external demands and pressures, but having her as my safe place makes me feel completely grateful.

I will start thanking God everyday for her life.. I just should have done it a lot earlier

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that I don't know what's like to stay mad with her, like usually happens naturally due to unexpected misunderstandings, etc.
    In my case, when some misunderstanding happens, we just can't do anything else if not discuss what has happened until the problem is solved.
    From my perspective at least, we don't hold any grudges after discussing anything that has deviated from the norm.

Yesterday I made a huge mistake.. I didn't prioritze her. We had a misunderstanding, and instead of discussing with her to solve the issue, as I had an appointment early in the morning and didn't want to "not sleep" in case the discussion would take too long, I said I had to sleep and left her. So that hurt her feelings and she had a terrible night. But the next morning we discussed for some time and I reinforced all the good things about her and how much I appreciate her. We're ok now, like I said, we don't hold grudges, but today I know she's feeling a little down because of my attitude, and she also knows that she shouldn't take what I did as anything other than thinking about the external world and ignoring our internal world for a while. And she knows I'm not 100% wrong, especially because I often prioritize her in detriment of other things that could potentially be justifable as worthy of my attention.

Good thing is, after the discussion, I had some insights which I kept on a note, and I feel this was a turning point in my life...

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, instead of simply fighting, we had a sane conversation about something I misinterpreted, letting each other speak in due time. It was smooth and 100% constructive. I'm proud. I'm pretty sure we will tend to discuss issues like this from now on.

The fights era is over guys (we are in year 3000, where the wars have ended, and peace is the rule).

Let's wait to see if I'm right about this though

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the previous arguments were:
    1. She sometimes wants me to pay attention to the details and specificity of the situations and not say things in a general, vague and abstract way.
    2. She doesn't like my assumptions and speculations without much backup data (even though I know she expects that unconsciously, and I don't tell her that lmao)
    3. Different meanings we give to different words
    4. My detachment, aloofness, scattered ways, extremism and lack of balance.

Basically I can say she is still not fully dualized, because I have literally never started a fight with her. And she is the one who used to suffer the most in the relation, and she had to do some soul searching.

But..
    Things with her have gotten much better over time, and she is way happier than when I first met her. She is brighter, smiley, and fulfilled.

Hopefully, today was a stepping stone into our journey of self discovery, and we solved a misunderstanding in absolute peace. And it feels amazing for us (she values comfort, and I value it too to some extent)

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I've given up trying to understand our relationship from a theoretical standpoint. It will simply be amazing no matter what I conjecture about it. No matter efforts I take or don't take. Afterall the best outcome always comes when I just follow my instincts.

She is my dual and I don't have to type me or her, nor expect anything. I didn't make it work, it worked by itself and it will work for as long as it wants to.

I give up, I completely surrender to it and hope everything keeps as good over time.

Also, no point in writing here. No one will understand a glimpse of what it really is like. I've said enough for now.

Time to enjoy without labeling things

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234