Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Notes on my experience with duality

TIM
    Ni-Fi-Ti link
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are basically two forms of socionics: pure sociological, behavioral and in-depth, psychological that looks at how sociology forms (classical).. That’s why I prefer the ladder, but admittedly, I do fit the ITR patterns of iei better than of eii.. even though I wouldn’t be iei at all in terms of mental/vital track.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    Ni-Fi-Ti link
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can argue that socionics is more focused on sociological things, so this wouldn’t be entirely inaccurate to focus on, but all behavior roots in from how someone internalizes information, which is why I believe modern socio is deficit. The ego blocks are rarely ever emphasized when others give socion” typings, and then aushura believed in the shadow, and this isn’t yet apartof socio.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

Universal Dual Seeking Consciousness (164 IQ) BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed today that she still thinks I'm too good for her, and I've realized that she expects constant affirmation of my feelings/interest in her..because of my previous relationships I guess, but I told her that she is like no one I've ever met before...
    That got me thinking what it is that she sees in me that makes her insecure. I'm naturally weird as hell (but I can fake being decent in front of other people), and I have almost no common sense.
    These days she was making fun of me because I drank 2L of water in one go because I was very thirsty. I also have poor coordination and have very little attention to details. She doesn't seem to notice my weaknesses, which is expected, I just didn't know her insecurities would still come to surface sporadically though.
    Even though I have reasons to feel insecure as well, I guess that never made me feel inferior
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 05-01-2024 at 05:42 PM.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is now fully accepting of my Ne (and I have learned to better direct it) and I've basically understood all the main aspects of her behavior with me. She's not predictable yet, but I have managed to handle everything she "requests" me.

But summing up, I basically have to constantly show that I care about her, show that I'm angry If I get angry, and take advantage of my " scatteredness" to entertain her when she wants my attention or wants to talk.
    Everything is very smooth by now and we are entering a pretty companionship-like phase.

I guess I can call this a new phase in our relationship..

We've managed to deal with the beginning stages...from now on, everything internal (relationship wise) will be amazing and free. Maybe we will face external demands and pressures, but having her as my safe place makes me feel completely grateful.

I will start thanking God everyday for her life.. I just should have done it a lot earlier

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that I don't know what's like to stay mad with her, like usually happens naturally due to unexpected misunderstandings, etc.
    In my case, when some misunderstanding happens, we just can't do anything else if not discuss what has happened until the problem is solved.
    From my perspective at least, we don't hold any grudges after discussing anything that has deviated from the norm.

Yesterday I made a huge mistake.. I didn't prioritze her. We had a misunderstanding, and instead of discussing with her to solve the issue, as I had an appointment early in the morning and didn't want to "not sleep" in case the discussion would take too long, I said I had to sleep and left her. So that hurt her feelings and she had a terrible night. But the next morning we discussed for some time and I reinforced all the good things about her and how much I appreciate her. We're ok now, like I said, we don't hold grudges, but today I know she's feeling a little down because of my attitude, and she also knows that she shouldn't take what I did as anything other than thinking about the external world and ignoring our internal world for a while. And she knows I'm not 100% wrong, especially because I often prioritize her in detriment of other things that could potentially be justifable as worthy of my attention.

Good thing is, after the discussion, I had some insights which I kept on a note, and I feel this was a turning point in my life...

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, instead of simply fighting, we had a sane conversation about something I misinterpreted, letting each other speak in due time. It was smooth and 100% constructive. I'm proud. I'm pretty sure we will tend to discuss issues like this from now on.

The fights era is over guys (we are in year 3000, where the wars have ended, and peace is the rule).

Let's wait to see if I'm right about this though

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the previous arguments were:
    1. She sometimes wants me to pay attention to the details and specificity of the situations and not say things in a general, vague and abstract way.
    2. She doesn't like my assumptions and speculations without much backup data (even though I know she expects that unconsciously, and I don't tell her that lmao)
    3. Different meanings we give to different words
    4. My detachment, aloofness, scattered ways, extremism and lack of balance.

Basically I can say she is still not fully dualized, because I have literally never started a fight with her. And she is the one who used to suffer the most in the relation, and she had to do some soul searching.

But..
    Things with her have gotten much better over time, and she is way happier than when I first met her. She is brighter, smiley, and fulfilled.

Hopefully, today was a stepping stone into our journey of self discovery, and we solved a misunderstanding in absolute peace. And it feels amazing for us (she values comfort, and I value it too to some extent)

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I've given up trying to understand our relationship from a theoretical standpoint. It will simply be amazing no matter what I conjecture about it. No matter efforts I take or don't take. Afterall the best outcome always comes when I just follow my instincts.

She is my dual and I don't have to type me or her, nor expect anything. I didn't make it work, it worked by itself and it will work for as long as it wants to.

I give up, I completely surrender to it and hope everything keeps as good over time.

Also, no point in writing here. No one will understand a glimpse of what it really is like. I've said enough for now.

Time to enjoy without labeling things

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrainlessSquid View Post
    You're right.. I'm still in honeymoon phase, things will probably lower over time, even for the sake of my health.
    Despite all intensity, things are still too new.

I just feel like documenting this and expressing what I feel inside.

But people will naturally think whatever they want.. obsessed, pathological, hypomanic, marketer, troll, whatever..

Thing is, I just don't get how people see any Ni in my cognition and writing.. it's hopelessly ironic and sad. Even for the Brainless Squid..
    If anything I can see creative Fi, because as an EII I could never be this open with my Fi like this loool.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I've given up trying to understand our relationship from a theoretical standpoint. It will simply be amazing no matter what I conjecture about it. No matter efforts I take or don't take. Afterall the best outcome always comes when I just follow my instincts.

She is my dual and I don't have to type me or her, nor expect anything. I didn't make it work, it worked by itself and it will work for as long as it wants to.

I give up, I completely surrender to it and hope everything keeps as good over time.

Also, no point in writing here. No one will understand a glimpse of what it really is like. I've said enough for now.

Time to enjoy without labeling things
    You can't just leave us hanging like that bro.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may have noticed that I'm not going to write much here anymore..

I just want to say a few things.

Firstly, when I first got interested in duality, I wanted the fun, passion, love, and enjoyment that it could bring.

I didn't know though that there's so much more to it about relationships that I hadn't cared to focus on.

And this experience has made me realize what loving really means and has given me a glimpse of my purpose as a singular individual but that may apply to everyone as well.

"Keep evolving and becoming a better person with your actions (not your words alone) (for yourself and for others)"

That phrase alone doesn't seem much appealing and is pretty cliché I guess, but once it made sense to me, the real meaning behind it which can't be described in words appeared as a new form of existence as a person.

I hope I don't give anyone false hopes about happiness through relationships, It was never my intent.

I would just advise anyone who's reading this to not get caught up in just reading stories and theories and go out and experience it yourself, if you're not doing that already.

"Keep evolving and becoming a better person (consciously, using your intellect) with your actions (not your words alone) (for yourself and for others)"
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 05-23-2024 at 03:25 PM.

You mustn't think thought control Distance's Avatar
    TIM
    Fe Ni
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What will you do with typology now, and in the future do you think?

Like this part of my chronicles are done, it evolved, we evolved, and I know my type, and my duals.

Black & white is a shallow divide ∕∕division is the color that multipliesx

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

A little better makes better more>
    ♦♦

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    What will you do with typology now, and in the future do you think?

Like this part of my chronicles are done, it evolved, we evolved, and I know my type, and my duals.
    Typology (especially Socionics) has helped me understand that there's someone out there who's a good fit for me.
    It's not useful in the sense that it helps my relationships much, but it gives more clarity and is basically against the current trends in relationship advice..

So I guess most of the knowledge I will not forget and some typology material is ingrained in my subconscious. Hopefully it will still do me some good.

I think once you really get typology, it's unnecessary and impossible to ignore it. I just don't think I need to study it or think about it to any extent other than noticing people's types.

You mustn't think thought control Distance's Avatar
    TIM
    Fe Ni
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typology (especially Socionics) has helped me understand that there's someone out there who's a good fit for me.
    It's not useful in the sense that it helps my relationships much, but it gives more clarity and is basically against the current trends in relationship advice..

So I guess most of the knowledge I will not forget and some typology material is ingrained in my subconscious. Hopefully it will still do me some good.

I think once you really get typology, it's unnecessary and impossible to ignore it. I just don't think I need to study it or think about it to any extent other than noticing people's types.
    Yeah, it is def. ingrained subconsciously, any self discovery is part of identity in us, and permanent.

Do you wish your SO would partake of typology?

My wife rejects it, doesn't want to walk around in a confined box. It is limiting to think of limits is the motto.

Black & white is a shallow divide ∕∕division is the color that multipliesx

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

A little better makes better more>
    ♦♦

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    Yeah, it is def. ingrained subconsciously, any self discovery is part of identity in us, and permanent.

Do you wish your SO would partake of typology?

My wife rejects it, doesn't want to walk around in a confined box. It is limiting to think of limits is the motto.
    Yeah, funny thing, she thinks the same. She doesn't like to think she can be reduced to patterns and for her typology is very limiting as well.
    But I have taught her some basics on cognitive functions and she finds it intriguing, and it has helped her understand me better. She also uses typology language now that I taught her the basics.

But she has no idea about Socionics, even though she has said multiple times that we are hot and cold, up and down, north and south, two sides of the same coin, etc (in her own words), so she has accepted the fact that we have opposite functions.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some clear ISTp signs that can be used to spot them

calm demeanor
    graceful (unconscious) movements / they tend to project a rather systematic behavior among strangers
    perfect skin (deserves further investigation)
    paused speech
    sporadic contained graceful smiles
    autistic eyes which sometimes get bright
    not a proposer of free hugs
    likes to contradict what is said
    melancholic positivists
    usually quiet in crowded places
    equilibrium/balance oriented
    afraid of rejection
    doesn't make assumptions
    not fully aware of emotional states
    fearful of making decisions (likes to think through extensively)
    fearful of change

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I feel like new interesting things are starting to happen with me and her and I will share.

1. I have become able to predict her mood and know exactly how she's feeling even better than herself and before she notices it.

2. I feel like I can have a great deal of control over her emotional states. I know exactly what I need to do to take her from emotional level A to B.

3. She has come to a point that she almost never denies any proposals that I make her, because she knows she will enjoy, like, and benefit from them. This is a consequence of the enslavement through inferior function. The inferior function is sensitive and can be used for manipulation. It seems that duals tend to learn to manipulate their partners after a while through the inferior function. This is not something I will do to cause her any harm, but it just feels weird to know that she barely notices any influences on her SuperId. I guess she does the same to me.

4. I realized that the demonstrative function is a way faster way to call the attention of duals. You can use it to your advantage to accelerate the process of dualization. The dom-inf dance is something that shows after prolongued contact. And after the dual gets acquainted with "doses" of the other's base, it becomes a necessity.

5. I have developed a sense of adjustment to her psychological needs. Sometimes I feel she needs some of my N side. Other times I feel she needs some of my F side. But generally speaking, I remain NF and that keeps the relation healthy and interesting.

6. Division of duties is unavoidable. If you try to mess with anything related to your duals Ego, you will probably fail miserably or provoke unnecessary irritation.

7. We have developed many specific ways of communicating, and that keeps the spark.

8. I still get butterflies, feel absolutely refreshed and elated after spending extensive hours with her. We are still inseparable and the relation has improved, become more organic, deeper and enjoyable.

9. Duality is great if you remain yourself, but it becomes even better if you learn to adjust your ego and use your strengths. I am someone who values the flow state. And every time we talk or do anything together, we enter that state. And being able to please her so easily and being stimulated to use my natural strengths is so rewarding psychologically, I can't put that into words
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 07-03-2024 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some clear ISTp signs that can be used to spot them

calm demeanor
    graceful (unconscious) movements / they tend to project a rather systematic behavior among strangers
    perfect skin (deserves further investigation)
    paused speech
    sporadic contained graceful smiles
    autistic eyes which sometimes get bright
    not a proposer of free hugs
    likes to contradict what is said
    melancholic positivists
    usually quiet in crowded places
    equilibrium/balance oriented
    afraid of rejection
    doesn't make assumptions
    not fully aware of emotional states
    fearful of making decisions (likes to think through extensively)
    fearful of change
    100% this. Si egos and this seems like a thing.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you think the romance styles played out when you 2 started seeing each other? Or even before then?

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    How do you think the romance styles played out when you 2 started seeing each other? Or even before then?
    This is a hard question because everything feels romantic, and there are multiple layers, even doing productive work

Just being close to her gave me goosebumps and a feeling of elation. And eventually we had some innocent physical contact, and I just felt 'wow', her skin is simply divine.

But Hmmm I'd say mostly teasing and banter (in the beginning), and internal games (after some time). We challenge each other a lot, and innocent opportunities for physical contact. We also liked to share stories and experiences, and we also have had some romantic dreams about each other even before getting very close

Also simple acts of service e.g. she's feeling cold, I give her something mine so she can warm up.

But mostly playful behavior.
    We also enjoy doing productive things together, but that only started after hmm 6-7 months I guess

But yeah, we love all sorts of games

Our main love language is 'quality time'
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 07-04-2024 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a hard question because everything feels romantic, and there are multiple layers, even doing productive work

Just being close to her gave me goosebumps and a feeling of elation. And eventually we had some innocent physical contact, and I just felt 'wow', her skin is simply divine.

But Hmmm I'd say mostly teasing and banter (in the beginning), and internal games (after some time). We challenge each other a lot, and innocent opportunities for physical contact. We also liked to share stories and experiences, and we also have had some romantic dreams about each other even before getting very close

Also simple acts of service e.g. she's feeling cold, I give her something mine so she can warm up.

But mostly playful behavior.
    We also enjoy doing productive things together, but that only started after hmm 6-7 months I guess

But yeah, we love all sorts of games

Our main love language is 'quality time'
    Sorry I meant Gulenko's romance styles. Infantile (Ne ego) and Caregiver (Si ego). Did you notice anything like that happening when you two met?

This sounds a little bit like it.

But Hmmm I'd say mostly teasing and banter (in the beginning), and internal games (after some time).

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Sorry I meant Gulenko's romance styles. Infantile (Ne ego) and Caregiver (Si ego). Did you notice anything like that happening when you two met?

This sounds a little bit like it.
    Honestly I have no idea (and I never focused on Gulenko's material much), but I looked up some traits of each of the 4 romance styles, and I will try to answer based off that and see what seems to fit and what doesn't.

Childlike

• Interest is sparked by a partner with positive aesthetic attributes, divorced from active, direct sexuality. (100% me, and her beauty and physical traits have definitely sparked my initial interest)
    • Try attracting partner’s interest with fun and interesting conversation and discussion, proposals, humor, ethical and mental exploration, and quirky statements. (We both relate to this since the beginning, except that I'm more advanced in this)
    • Try to help their partner see the unexpected, potential, and alternative side of things. (that's me)
    • Interest is maintained or cools off according to partner’s response to the above behavior. (Hmmm Never thought about this before but I agree, I've always been potential oriented and she has always received well, so it makes sense)

Caring

• Inclination towards smooth, easy flowing, “soft” or suave interaction with elements of playful teasing, rather than “hard” approach and direct physical provocation. (yeah, this seems like a softer version of the childlike behavior, and she displayed this after we started having closer contact, before she was somewhat serious, but whenever we happened to do something together, instances of this would appear, and I think that was a starting point)
    • Attraction is sparked by aesthetic and mental attributes of the prospective partner, but cools if such attributes are accompanied by an overly “aggressive” sexuality. (I don't like aggressive sexuality, yeah, and she doesn't either, but this just seems like a complement of the childlike description. I noticed that her mental attributes do have an impact on my perception and interest since the beginning)
    • Caring types are attentive in courtship. In conversation, they are inclined to focus their attention on the statements and needs of their partner, and may ask questions concerning how their partner is doing and how are they feeling. (wow, this is 100% her, this is one of the most attractive things about her, and what got me hooked from the moment I started telling her about my intellectual interests)
    • Interest is kept up if their partner is welcoming of their care and attention, and even evokes it, and seeks them out. (I don't know)
    • Prone to assume that partner needs their support and help in everyday daily matters, and in meeting their needs. (hmm not that it matter as much but I appreciate her cooperative attitude)
    • Neutral as to who ended a relationship. “Power” is not seen as important in such matters, though the ethical matters may still be of importance. (I don't know, but on my side, Power is not a priority, even though I am aware of power games, but I don't have much power games with her I guess beyond not giving in to her trying to change my mind about something I believe)

Victim
      Agressor

• prone to initial doubts about intensity of own interest in another person (hmmm until now she has not revealed to me since when she started being interested in me, so I can't answer)
      • not always confident about revealing that interest (yeah, it took her a long time to reveal interest, even though I could already see it)
      • inclined to focus on whether or not the other person might reciprocate the interest (hmmm I don't know)
      • inclined to question whether or not the other person’s interest will remain constant with time (she told me she is afraid I might leave her due to my detached nature and the fact that there are other people interested in me, but I'm not sure that's related to this)
      • preference for partners that provoke in the individual a certain sense of awe in terms of power, physical presence, and the like (nah)
      • appreciation for the sense of power-play present when interacting with such partners, with acceptance of a slight sense of superiority on the part of the partner, without ever actually “submitting” to them (I don't know)
      • this takes the form of the individual somewhat expecting the partner to be “mean” on occasion (nah, she doesn't like when I act mean, and we had some misunderstandings when I acted mean humourously)
      • in the case of Victim males with female partners, this latter trait assumes a characteristic analogous to a “knight devoted to his princess” (nah)
      • inclination to openly admit to a relationship having been ended by the partner rather than by the individual himself (nah)
      • no doubts about own interest in another person (yeah, even though I was attracted to her since day 1, my interest fluctuated as we were apart in the beginning)
      • not prone to hesitation about whether or not to reveal that interest (nah, it took me some months to be open about my interest, and that only happened after we were already intense)
      • focus is more on own interest than whether or not the other person might reciprocate (nah, I don't see any point to it)
      • romantic interaction is more about “toughness” than “tenderness” (nah)
      • needs to feel some sense of “superiority” over the partner, but worthwhile only if the partner is seen as able to largely “keep up” (I felt somewhat superior since the beginning, especially that I thought she was a very simple person, even though there was great chemistry, to some extend but not that I need to I guess)
      • this takes the form of power games, which others might regard as cruel or bitchy (nah)
      • in the case of female Aggressors with male partners, the above tends to assume the characteristic of a woman expecting total devotion from the partner, rather than her being “bossy” (hmm she doesn't like that I'm not 100% devoted, but I'm not sure that's exactly what this statements refers to)
      • little inclination to externally admit not having been the one to end a relationship, unless if adopting a “who cares” front simultaneously (I don't think about it if it ever happens, I also don't like to talk about past relationships with her, especially that she gets jealous for no reason)

I think I related to Childlike > Agressor and she relates to Caring > Victim (actually, I didn't know she would have almost as much traits from both romance styles). But I'm sure she's not Ni ego, so that's actually interesting.

So to answer your question..
    I liked since the beginning that she was very attentive and a good listener, she was a humorous person, and beautiful visually, and she takes so much care about her body/appearance/smell/skin it gets me out of my mind.

In the beginning, I once just couldn't take her smell and I put my nose on the back of her head and did a great smelling on it and then backed off. She laughed for about a while non stop

On my side, I've always been good with improvisation and making fun, teasing, bantering, and doing risky but interesting things.

She also appreciated my directedness and bluntness since the beginning, even though we had some arguments in the beginning due to "I don't care attitude"

I also enjoy her rhythm and consistency of actions and feelings
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 07-05-2024 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I have no idea (and I never focused on Gulenko's material much), but I looked up some traits of each of the 4 romance styles, and I will try to answer based off that and see what seems to fit and what doesn't.

Childlike

• Interest is sparked by a partner with positive aesthetic attributes, divorced from active, direct sexuality. (100% me, and her beauty and physical traits have definitely sparked my initial interest)
    • Try attracting partner’s interest with fun and interesting conversation and discussion, proposals, humor, ethical and mental exploration, and quirky statements. (We both relate to this since the beginning, except that I'm more advanced in this)
    • Try to help their partner see the unexpected, potential, and alternative side of things. (that's me)
    • Interest is maintained or cools off according to partner’s response to the above behavior. (Hmmm Never thought about this before but I agree, I've always been potential oriented and she has always received well, so it makes sense)

Caring

• Inclination towards smooth, easy flowing, “soft” or suave interaction with elements of playful teasing, rather than “hard” approach and direct physical provocation. (yeah, this seems like a softer version of the childlike behavior, and she displayed this after we started having closer contact, before she was somewhat serious, but whenever we happened to do something together, instances of this would appear, and I think that was a starting point)
    • Attraction is sparked by aesthetic and mental attributes of the prospective partner, but cools if such attributes are accompanied by an overly “aggressive” sexuality. (I don't like aggressive sexuality, yeah, and she doesn't either, but this just seems like a complement of the childlike description. I noticed that her mental attributes do have an impact on my perception and interest since the beginning)
    • Caring types are attentive in courtship. In conversation, they are inclined to focus their attention on the statements and needs of their partner, and may ask questions concerning how their partner is doing and how are they feeling. (wow, this is 100% her, this is one of the most attractive things about her, and what got me hooked from the moment I started telling her about my intellectual interests)
    • Interest is kept up if their partner is welcoming of their care and attention, and even evokes it, and seeks them out. (I don't know)
    • Prone to assume that partner needs their support and help in everyday daily matters, and in meeting their needs. (hmm not that it matter as much but I appreciate her cooperative attitude)
    • Neutral as to who ended a relationship. “Power” is not seen as important in such matters, though the ethical matters may still be of importance. (I don't know, but on my side, Power is not a priority, even though I am aware of power games, but I don't have much power games with her I guess beyond not giving in to her trying to change my mind about something I believe)

Victim
      Agressor

• prone to initial doubts about intensity of own interest in another person (hmmm until now she has not revealed to me since when she started being interested in me, so I can't answer)
      • not always confident about revealing that interest (yeah, it took her a long time to reveal interest, even though I could already see it)
      • inclined to focus on whether or not the other person might reciprocate the interest (hmmm I don't know)
      • inclined to question whether or not the other person’s interest will remain constant with time (she told me she is afraid I might leave her due to my detached nature and the fact that there are other people interested in me, but I'm not sure that's related to this)
      • preference for partners that provoke in the individual a certain sense of awe in terms of power, physical presence, and the like (nah)
      • appreciation for the sense of power-play present when interacting with such partners, with acceptance of a slight sense of superiority on the part of the partner, without ever actually “submitting” to them (I don't know)
      • this takes the form of the individual somewhat expecting the partner to be “mean” on occasion (nah, she doesn't like when I act mean, and we had some misunderstandings when I acted mean humourously)
      • in the case of Victim males with female partners, this latter trait assumes a characteristic analogous to a “knight devoted to his princess” (nah)
      • inclination to openly admit to a relationship having been ended by the partner rather than by the individual himself (nah)
      • no doubts about own interest in another person (yeah, even though I was attracted to her since day 1, my interest fluctuated as we were apart in the beginning)
      • not prone to hesitation about whether or not to reveal that interest (nah, it took me some months to be open about my interest, and that only happened after we were already intense)
      • focus is more on own interest than whether or not the other person might reciprocate (nah, I don't see any point to it)
      • romantic interaction is more about “toughness” than “tenderness” (nah)
      • needs to feel some sense of “superiority” over the partner, but worthwhile only if the partner is seen as able to largely “keep up” (I felt somewhat superior since the beginning, especially that I thought she was a very simple person, even though there was great chemistry, to some extend but not that I need to I guess)
      • this takes the form of power games, which others might regard as cruel or bitchy (nah)
      • in the case of female Aggressors with male partners, the above tends to assume the characteristic of a woman expecting total devotion from the partner, rather than her being “bossy” (hmm she doesn't like that I'm not 100% devoted, but I'm not sure that's exactly what this statements refers to)
      • little inclination to externally admit not having been the one to end a relationship, unless if adopting a “who cares” front simultaneously (I don't think about it if it ever happens, I also don't like to talk about past relationships with her, especially that she gets jealous for no reason)

I think I related to Childlike > Agressor and she relates to Caring > Victim (actually, I didn't know she would have almost as much traits from both romance styles). But I'm sure she's not Ni ego, so that's actually interesting.

So to answer your question..
    I liked since the beginning that she was very attentive and a good listener, she was a humorous person, and beautiful visually, and she takes so much care about her body/appearance/smell/skin it gets me out of my mind.

In the beginning, I once just couldn't take her smell and I put my nose on the back of her head and did a great smelling on it and then backed off. She laughed for about a while non stop

On my side, I've always been good with improvisation and making fun, teasing, bantering, and doing risky but interesting things.

She also appreciated my directedness and bluntness since the beginning, even though we had some arguments in the beginning due to "I don't care attitude"

I also enjoy her rhythm and consistency of actions and feelings
    Wow thanks for this detailed approach, much appreciated.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm becoming very aware of my inferior function world/perspective.
    That's because duals naturally speak to each others unconscious, so I tend to have more instances of inferior-dom communication bubbling in my mind. It's funny because we literally live in different worlds consciously speaking, but we arrive to similar conclusions as a whole.

So I just noticed that it's better to communicate using my unconscious functions sometimes, because it takes her a while to accept my Ego information. She's been more accepting over time, because she generally won't accept it if it contradicts her base function, but I can't deny the fact that her Ego is her main conscious filter.

So when I want to convince her of anything, I focus on all perspectives simultaneously, so her filter understands what I mean but also accepts the extra coming from my Ego, which what she seeks unconsciously.

So after becoming more aware of my SuperId, I started trying to experiment a little bit. And I noticed a greater sensitivity/spacial and physical
    (/bodily) awareness from my senses that I only get when I'm close to her

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, a few more insights (after having learned to be in contact with my inferior function) which might be of interest to anyone..(I don't know when I'm coming back, just letting you guys know everything is fine with me, because these info can seem insane , at least to me)

1. The best decisions come when both conscious and unconscious valued/true functions are in agreement)
    2. What I seek is comfortable progress (can you call that a life purpose?)
    3. Life itself (or at least mine..) is a series of contradictions and opposing/fighting views.
    4. The process of creation in this universe comes from the union of masculine and feminine, conscious and unconscious, spiritual and material, etc. Thus duality (which in fact is a form of unity or divinity) is the source of creation
    5. Your relationship with yourself (which includes your conscious thoughts and unconscious beliefs) reflects itself in your external world. So for example, someone who focuses extensively on their dominant function, will have their inferior function as a separate part of them. That will reflect as attracting you inferior's other people's dominant function which are in fact "separate" people which helps them without their actual awareness.
    6. Your external world is a mirror of your internal world. When you have no thoughts and no beliefs, you die. When you die, you have no thoughts and no beliefs
    7. There are degrees of spirituality and materiality, and both can be found within the same life form
    8. Creation happens when duals unite then separate. Then creation proceeds as a continuum of micro divisions
    9. The purpose of the masculine is to give expecting nothing in return, and the purpose of the feminine is to receive. And from this exchange results a new form containing both masculine and feminine inside.
    10. The purpose of the Ego block is to give, and the purpose of the SuperId is to receive
    11. Since everyone has a feminine side, everyone expects to receive. And also everyone wants to give

Hope this makes sense
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 07-12-2024 at 01:33 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just wanted to say i love that you’re still doing this thread. i entered into a dual friendship of my own very recently (online) and i hadn’t experienced duality with someone of my peers and it’s been so wonderful. every time i had an insight about duality i sent it to my IEE friend. ive been writing down my thoughts and journaling, same as you, just not public. but this makes me want to share some of it

EDIT: i made a thread
    Last edited by maresnest; 07-18-2024 at 01:29 PM.
    “You'll feel safest of all, you can only receive, it'll keep you stable for days in cars.”
    —me as Gary Numan as a therapist

-Ne
    5w4 514 so/sp

TIM
    ILI-Te 5w4 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, a few more insights (after having learned to be in contact with my inferior function) which might be of interest to anyone..(I don't know when I'm coming back, just letting you guys know everything is fine with me, because these info can seem insane , at least to me)

1. The best decisions come when both conscious and unconscious valued/true functions are in agreement)
    2. What I seek is comfortable progress (can you call that a life purpose?)
    3. Life itself (or at least mine..) is a series of contradictions and opposing/fighting views.
    4. The process of creation in this universe comes from the union of masculine and feminine, conscious and unconscious, spiritual and material, etc. Thus duality (which in fact is a form of unity or divinity) is the source of creation
    5. Your relationship with yourself (which includes your conscious thoughts and unconscious beliefs) reflects itself in your external world. So for example, someone who focuses extensively on their dominant function, will have their inferior function as a separate part of them. That will reflect as attracting you inferior's other people's dominant function which are in fact "separate" people which helps them without their actual awareness.
    6. Your external world is a mirror of your internal world. When you have no thoughts and no beliefs, you die. When you die, you have no thoughts and no beliefs
    7. There are degrees of spirituality and materiality, and both can be found within the same life form
    8. Creation happens when duals unite then separate. Then creation proceeds as a continuum of micro divisions
    9. The purpose of the masculine is to give expecting nothing in return, and the purpose of the feminine is to receive. And from this exchange results a new form containing both masculine and feminine inside.
    10. The purpose of the Ego block is to give, and the purpose of the SuperId is to receive
    11. Since everyone has a feminine side, everyone expects to receive. And also everyone wants to give

Hope this makes sense
    I have had so many spiritual realizations since meeting my dual as well. I feel like I am ready to leave this plane and never return. Also, my dual doesn’t like me but duality is still life changing even when it is not mutual.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The past days have been pretty interesting.. our relation was pretty smooth, and light-hearted (we had some occasional misunderstandings in the beginning, some lasting up to 4 hours 101 conversation).

The thing is, despite our relation developing naturally, I think my life philosophy of constant progress and conscious self development was what augmented her feelings for me (she has a hard time telling her feelings apart and even though she liked me, it took her a while to get attached to me).

The fact that I was extremely selfish and self centered and focus on my own progress was detrimental to our relation, and it became clear over time.. even though she was attracted to that trait, I could see it was starting to bring unnecessary irritants to the relation. And we are both not keen on having constant mini fights, and I knew I was the reason for most of them..

Many of our fights were actually interest tests, and it was completely unnecessary, but I had to follow my vision and passions.

So after a lot of pondering, I realized that I can do better.. instead of focusing solely on myself, I can direct my focus on improving our relation and doing things that not necessarily improve my life directly but end up improving our experience..

So after that I realized I became even more satisfied with our relationship, and the pendulum swing of dark/light moments got sweked towards lightness and pleasure.

It's as simple as that (not sure if it only applies to IEE though, but someone else can try and tell me):
    1. To attract a dual, use your strengths and become every day someone better for yourself and others using your consciousness (ego block + demonstrative)
    2. To keep a dual, keep doing step 1. But that doesn't mean your relation will be awesome.. it will have awesome moments, but the nature of opposing functions may have a great impact on clashes.
    Especially if you are naturally detached, which can potentially make them feel insecure.
    3. To improve your relation with your dual, stop being selfish on improving yourself, and focus on improving your experience (and you as a whole integrated dyad) with your significant other, it can be literally the most simple and mundane things, like sharing a song that reminds you of them.

Also, I've learned to beware of signals of small affection requests and tests.. sometimes it doesn't matter what you do together, you have to focus on the most important things, like discussing important matters together and solving any possible misunderstadings that might appear.. and giving the relation time to flourish naturally.

As I realized that she was way more attached than ever, new problems started to appear, but they only helped me grow even more and get excited with eternal puzzles.

Edit: At this point, I'm pretty sure my love for her is genuine, and I feel I finally may want to get married soon. And I never thought I would ever feel like this about someone someday.. well.. I paid my price and now I'm reaping the fruits I guess
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 09-18-2024 at 07:13 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dual said she feels uncomfortable when I talk about abstract philosophical and existencial topics. I don't know what to do about that, cause it's really important to me, and sometimes I just feel like rambling about less tangible aspects of life. I really didn't expect that coming. But in retrospect, with my first duality experience, I remember I often got irritated by her extensive focus on sensations. So maybe I should wait, and not pressure her so much on this.

Edit: she also freezes when I give her compliments, and she said she's not used to so much impacting words. But most of what I say I consider second nature, so it's very amusing!
    My dual, also sli says he freezes because he fixates on the appropriate way to respond. He said if he says thank you then it will look like he agrees lol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234