Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    I think the disorder label helps the individual not feel broken or blame themselves.

ASD people have a higher Theory of Things where the complaint is that NT ( neurotypical) are embedded in that mirroring bubble of emotions and miss alternative ideas away from ethical inventions.

Midgets are also on a spectrum of disorder and they are forced into a way of viewing life in different terms, creating different ideas, so in way a disorder causes different flows that are not necessarily bad in of itself.

Wife has a relative who is ASD with special interests, and the way i imagine it is not reading body language so you can only download or dumpload info in one direction, not understanding how communication unfolds in a give and a take scenario.

ASD people are more abstracted away from reality and in a way not cloistered by social expectations.

There's a beauty in every beast.
    Ok but the phenomena of ToM captured by the simple test.
    There is this autistic adults who still claim to default to this pre-ToM. It just raises bunch of new questions. Are they measuring apples and oranges together giving the same output?
    There is something very curious going on.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

You mustn't think thought control Distance's Avatar
    TIM
    Fe Ni
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr drapetomaniac View Post
    Ok but the phenomena of ToM captured by the simple test.
    There is this autistic adults who still claim to default to this pre-ToM. It just raises bunch of new questions. Are they measuring apples and oranges together giving the same output?
    There is something very curious going on.
    It's an interesting question, but the face of it shows a lack of perspective but it might yield something different if it is worked out differently in alternate testings.

That Sally Anne test works 90 percent on 5 yo and 10 percent can perspective take with that test.

So there is something else to it, overall it looks like a profound lack of interest due to under stimulation, and in time they can ToM with practice, but the fundamental flaw is it doesn't happen subconsciously.

If you start here, it captures the essence, a lack of intrinsic social instinct.

Black & white is a shallow divide ∕∕division is the color that multipliesx

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

Abstract builds a soul, a house can never become a home without it

A little better makes better more>
    ♦♦

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    If you start here, it captures the essence, a lack of intrinsic social instinct.
    But ToM can be entirely mechanical:
    We have sensors called eyes. You cover your eyes you can not see a jackshit. We have a working hypothesis. Just test it. Cover your eyes. Confirmed.
    The other person is equipped similarly. They have eyes.
    Now, you can not see what has happened if those sensors can not pick up that sort of information.
    Therefore it follows they can not follow changes they can not see.

To fail in it seems entirely illogical to me if you can see and observe the world around you.

I have seen this in kids too. My nephew (SLE, 5 years) understands it now but he struggled to see it when he was 3 and 4+.

It is fascinating.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org