Thread: Borderline Personality Disorder, borderlines

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    those ppl are addicted to the emotional highs and dont want to learn to control their emotions. they are stuck in perpetual victim mentality. this is different vs being genuinely unable to deal with particular situation, except for the fact my sister is Ti PoLR so i dont know if she doesnt have some mental disability that makes her unable to interact with ppl properly and thus have proper relationships, and we expect the wrong things of her, but i also cant know if shes just too stubborn to care bc if a BPD person gets criticized for a mistake they just overreact and play victim as i said, they cant accept being wrong unless someone becomes their doormat which means allow them to abuse you. They want ppl to allow them to abuse them, bc they are afraid they will hurt u and u will get mad and abandon them, so u have to let urself get repeatedly abused in various ways so they're comfortable that u wont leave.
    This is not something that you have to accept

It can be genuinely difficult to improve when you are handicapped by a mental illness, but if there were very real and true limitations imposed, there might be some wiggle room - which is where something like mindfulness/buddhism influenced practices, DBT/CBT comes in imo

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> why she was misbehaving

Chronic psyche disorders, excluding traumas/organic cases, are on biology predisposition. It's similar as to have bad immunity compared to what is for majority of people.
    Genetic reasons, as a part of biology, are seen on relatives having disorders of clinical or subclinical degrees.

How to deal with people which have psyche problems can be asked at medics. They may recommend meds which may improve the situation. Mb will offer more.