Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Israeli–Palestinian war (2023)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus was a fighting slave and he became Achilles.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jibril(gabriel) is in charge of the middle east. He has asked Michael for help... what will happen?

-Krishna

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Hamas is fighting to establish a Palestinian state, which, by definition, means that they're fighting for independence. And if Hamas were to disappear tomorrow (my sincere wish is that it does), the Palestinian cause would still fundamentally be one of nationhood.

And as for the attack on October 7th, I consider it to be a tragedy in the absolutest of terms, I don't like it, and I will never bring myself to justify it. But it wasn't unexpected given the military occupation that was imposed on the Gazans, and it certainly wasn't unique to this independence movement or to any other. Hamas has advertised its receptiveness to a cold peace with Israel - that's a fact, and this government (and successive Israeli governments before it) chose to ignore it.

And no, antisemitism isn't the root cause of criticism against Israel - no more than the cause of a free Tibet is caused by Sinophobia (incidentally, it's worth noting that the Dalai Lama is a religious fundamentalist in the absolute sense); nor is criticism of Russia's invasion of Ukraine necessarily directed by Russophobia; nor, by the way, is criticism of Hamas automatically caused by Islamophobia.
    Do you think that a two-state solution is necessary to peace in the region? If yes, then why ignore that Hamas wants to wipe out Israel, as a state?

Comparing the free Tibet movement to the Hamas is a strawman. The Hamas doesn't exist to further Palenstinian nationhood, despue what they claim, they want power for its own sake. You ignored my arguments about Hamas using the Palestinian people as "martyrs" (their terms, not mine), Hamas uses the Palestinians as human shields, steals provisions (given by other countries) from Palestinian citizens to give to their fighters, and so forth. I wish people would see this more clearly. People who say Hamas "is fighting for the Palestinian cause" are idiots and, in my, view willfully ignorant. Not saying that you are one of these people, but you seem to try and understand where they are coming from. Your discourse here is ambivalent, on the one hand, you say you wish Hamas would disappear, and yet you don't seem to recognize they aeren't helping the Palestinian cause. I'm not arguing the Israeli government is helping the Jewish cause. That's not what I'm saying. Both sides need more moderate leaders, willing to work towards a two-state solution.

It's both obtuse and manipulative to suggest that criticism necessarily stems out of some visceral hatred.
    Which is not what I said. I said anti semitism is coming back in vogue all over the planet. It's a trend. I wish people would limit themselves to criticizing Israel's policies, but many in the "free palestine" movement go way further than that. Not everyone, but the ones that don't are not rejecting the ones that are anti-semitic from their own movement.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spatula boy View Post
    Of course, the very definition of a Zionist would be appalled at a "two state solution," imposed by the hippie peace loving UN. After all, this is the land promised by God to Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.

The jealous descendants of Ishmael, the Muslims, are not accepting any of that either
    Um....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ave View Post
    Um....
    According to the Jews, Mohammed lied about Issac's sacrifice and ran in Ishmael instead. He had Abraham sacrificing Ishmael instead of Issac. Mohammed wanted to steal the covenant that God made with Issac. God made no covenant with Ishmael at all, except that God would make him a great nation. Never a "chosen nation," never a "holy nation," as Israel. God only promises that He will bless Ishmael, make him "fruitful", "multiply him," and will "make him a great nation" but he makes no Abrahamic covenant with Ishmael whatsoever. "But my covenant will I establish with Issac"

Ishmael is out, and this is the cause of the everlasting hatred that exists in every muslim nation on earth today. It is also well described in the book by Hal Lindsay called "the everlasting hatred: the roots of jihad"

Jealousy is the rage of man.

I'd suggest people study the religious roots, and people will better understand why a "2 state solution" is appalling and stupid to the Jews and Muslims.

Zionism is the belief that*all*the land of Israel, Zion, belongs to God who gave it to the Jews, and that God Himself will return at the Second Advent to rule the world from Israel.

A muslim is an individual that practices Islam. The word "ḥāmās" literally means "VIOLENCE" in Hebrew and shows up on the Torah/Bible 60+ times.

You literally can't leave out the discussion of religion in this situation.

So..... Israel is in the process of committing a massacre that has killed, through indiscriminate bombing, tens of thousands of innocent civilians, journalists and medical staff. Yet you want me to believe that Hamas is somehow the more murderous party. If you're wondering why Hamas has garnered sympathy, the reason is as predictable as it is tragic: Because as bad as Hamas is, it is becoming increasingly difficult to argue that Israel is the lesser evil.

And as for Hamas' martial attitudes and violent worldview, how would you recommend that they fight for their independence? Hugs, handshakes and peace offers haven't swayed the current Israeli government.
    It's the same with any other war; the civilian loss of life is appalling, but it's the principle of retaliating against a body of people who committed one of the worst terrorist attacks in recent memory, that is why they're doing it.

If the Israeli protocol (what they are doing now) is not sufficient and satisfactory to the expectations of anti-israelites, then I say how about we punish Hamas by their own laws, by their own Islamic law??

In this case, the Islamic law says "behead all men" and "take all women and children"

Yes, it's a very dirty war, we are dealing with barbaric people with the mentality of 7th century tribalism, it's not an easy mission for any democracy, for any country for that matter. I get that many people are anti-war, pro-children, pro-life, but so am I. But sometimes we have to make very difficult choices, and Israel was really pushed to the corner, after all Israel is fighting for its very existence.
    Last edited by spatula boy; 05-12-2024 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spatula boy View Post
    According to the Jews, Mohammed lied about Issac's sacrifice and ran in Ishmael instead. He had Abraham sacrificing Ishmael instead of Issac. Mohammed wanted to steal the covenant that God made with Issac. God made no covenant with Ishmael at all, except that God would make him a great nation. Never a "chosen nation," never a "holy nation," as Israel. God only promises that He will bless Ishmael, make him "fruitful", "multiply him," and will "make him a great nation" but he makes no Abrahamic covenant with Ishmael whatsoever. "But my covenant will I establish with Issac"

Ishmael is out, and this is the cause of the everlasting hatred that exists in every muslim nation on earth today. It is also well described in the book by Hal Lindsay called "the everlasting hatred: the roots of jihad"

Jealousy is the rage of man.

I'd suggest people study the religious roots, and people will better understand why a "2 state solution" is appalling and stupid to the Jews and Muslims.

Zionism is the belief that*all*the land of Israel, Zion, belongs to God who gave it to the Jews, and that God Himself will return at the Second Advent to rule the world from Israel.

A muslim is an individual that practices Islam. The word "ḥāmās" literally means "VIOLENCE" in Hebrew and shows up on the Torah/Bible 60+ times.

You literally can't leave out the discussion of religion in this situation.
    You are right, about the bolded. Most Westerners would leave out religion because it isn't important to them, but it is to Muslims and religious Jews. And American Christians see themselves as being on the "side of the Jews" for religious reasons that are hard to grasp for a secular mind.

As with any war, it's a conflict of visions and destinies, not simply interests.

The two-state solution would bring peace, but only if Muslims are at peace with the idea of a Jewish state (ethno-religous nationalism), and Jews with the idea of a...Palestinian (Muslim?) state. Peace starts from within, and is not imposed from without.

Rendering oneself unarmed when one had been the best-armed, out of a height of feeling-that is the means to real peace, which must always rest on a peace of mind.
    -Nietzsche

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Note I'm not saying I agree w/these specific religious perspectives. But it will be difficult for anyone working for peace in the region to ignore them, since they are important for many there.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding religion - Jews may believe they were promised the holy land by God, but only Muslims believe they must slaughter anyone who gets in their way of occupying the land. This is why most of the civilized world has sided with Israel for a long time. The core problem is the violence... Jews would tolerate living side by side with Muslims in Jerusalem. Sharing of the land was part of the original plan for the Zionist state drafted by the UN. Back then Israel was planned to be a much smaller state as well. When the Jews migrated to Israel post WW2 it was a British territory, they immigrated legally with British approval, they purchased their settlements legally from the native Arabs, who sold it willingly... They did not force the Arabs off of the land. The core problem is religion, specifically Islam. The Arab citizenry attacked the Jews, then the Jews drove them from the land - makes sense. Today the Jews would be hesitant to live side by side with the Palestinians, because the Palestinians still generally want to kill them. Still makes sense. The Palestinians should not be given a state so long as they aim to fight and destroy Israel (if they were to be given one the result would be worse than what's happening in Gaza). If the Palestinians had a change of heart (hard to imagine) I have confidence the Jews would be more than willing to drop the blockade, tear down the wall and live side by side with them. Whether the Jews would relinquish the territory they now have... the situation today is different than it was in 1946, there's alot to consider. I do not think it makes any sense to allow Hamas or the PLO to govern an area that is majority Jewish ... they're openly hostile toward Jews and the Jewish people do not want or deserve that. But if we're talking about undeveloped territory... that's easier. Alot would depend on the details of the negotiation, but Palestine has a very long way to go in proving its good intent before a conversation like that makes sense.
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 05-12-2024 at 02:14 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometime in the near future, the UN will eventually step in and force Israel to give into the demands of the terrorists. They will stop Israel in her tracks if she tries to protect her borders or counterattack after an invasion. Israel's perimeter of defense will eventually shrink, thus giving the terrorists opportunity to infiltrate and kill Jews on a daily basis.

After this so called period of "peace" the UN will come out of the wood works and straight up order the genocide of Israel and Jews.
    Last edited by spatula boy; 05-17-2024 at 08:40 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UN halved it's estimate of women and children killed in Gaza.

Shocker.

IDF"we're going to bomb this building. Get out." They leave.

In no other war in history.

No Jews, no news...

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God I'm tired of seeing videos of Hamas beating Palestinians with crow bars and shooting them for trying to get aid. That was sent to THEM.

-Krishna

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DogOfDanger View Post
    Gotta make sure we get the dumb people on our side, no better way than a rap video.
    A "pragmatist" and "realist" who is dead inside like you sadly fails to see how the song encapsulates the anger that many people are feeling and despite Macklemore not being a brilliant artist, I do have to admire him for using his reputation to give a voice to all the protesters that are termed "jew-haters" in germany for being horrified at war crimes and murder. 2 million views in 5 days, I'm impressed
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not one time have you ever seriously contended with any of the points made in this thread. You can be impressed by rap videos all you like, why should you be taken seriously ...?
    If you truly cared for the children in Gaza and elsewhere you would make sure to carefully understand the situation, so that you could figure out what should actually be done - the course of action that will minimize harm and maximize wellbeing, all things considered. This has been pointed out to you probably half a dozen times. The fact you are unwilling to do that proves to me you are not genuinely concerned about this issue. Infact earlier in the chatbox you were saying that the younger generation should "burn society down since it's completely broken" - that would result in an increase in mortality from all causes... it would also increase abject poverty and starvation in the 3rd world. You obviously don't have much genuine concern for humanity saying things like that. So no, I'm not buying this "I care, I'm a good person" schtick... you really seem to have some need to claim moral superiority but it always crumbles on simple analysis. Seems like this pseudo-morality is now being used to justify acts of aggression - very typical leftist strategy these days.
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 05-14-2024 at 09:03 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikite iru View Post
    A "pragmatist" and "realist" who is dead inside like you sadly fails to see how the song encapsulates the anger that many people are feeling and despite Macklemore not being a brilliant artist, I do have to admire him for using his reputation to give a voice to all the protesters that are termed "jew-haters" in germany for being horrified at war crimes and murder. 2 million views in 5 days, I'm impressed

I know you don't like me but Macklemore is a one hit wonder. He gives no fucks. He just wants money off the Palestinian cause.

-Krishna

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These two people above me have their head so far up inside their asshole they are begging me to reply to them. It doesn't matter what I write or do.

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/statu...15282490101762

8 million people are watching isreali destroying aid for gaza. Young people are not benefitting from a system anymore that enslaves them more and more. What I say is without meaning, neither are your words offering any insights to the situation. Chriscorey says cut off water and electricity and is an american nationalist, dogshit writes if you don't listen to reason (his perspective obviously), you need violence, and it's clear that more and more people find that disgusting. We are heading to 6 degree global warming, young people will burn this system to the ground. It's inevitable. What you two clowns write is unimportant
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These two people above me have their head so far up inside their asshole they are begging me to reply to them. It doesn't matter what I write or do.

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/statu...15282490101762

8 million people are watching isreali destroying aid for gaza. Young people are not benefitting from a system anymore that enslaves them more and more. What I say is without meaning, neither are your words offering any insights to the situation. Chriscorey says cut off water and electricity and is an american nationalist, dogshit writes if you don't listen to reason (his perspective obviously), you need violence, and it's clear that more and more people find that disgusting. We are heading to 6 degree global warming, young people will burn this system to the ground. It's inevitable. What you two clowns write is unimportant
    The world is watching coward. Reply to me directly fallen son.
    Israel sends aid to Gaza. Hamas steals it.

You are mistaken. This planet God made for humans.
    If it fails he'll make a new one.

You're insane. No worries. The angels give you psychotherapy.

-Krishna

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notice he did not mention it was the UN along with Israel and its military working in collaboration with charity organizations to supply that aid in the first place; and he describes this particular group of right winger activists who are not affiliated with the government, doing something obviously illegal, as "Israel" doing it... there is no evidence the actions of this group were sanctioned by the Israeli government.
    Just another gobbledy-g00k point from this dotard.

Young people benefit from civilization insofar as it supplies them with basic necessities for survival. Unless you think they should return to foraging. You're correct there are problems in society - many of which are caused by your bad ideas... but you suggested to tear society down. Collapse of Western society might be inevitable but it will be catastrophic when it does happen, for the lower classes most of all ... it also has happened before and will fix nothing, it will build back and inevitably get as bad, and then worse - this process is not something any person with the slightest bit of wisdom and foresight would push to accelerate, or pretend will be somehow beneficial for young people when it happens. It won't happen immediately, either - it'll be a prolonged process stretching decades as the currency slowly inflates and the people are brought down into unlivable poverty... the social safety net (including medicare, social security, unemployment) will shrink and eventually vanish, there will also be broad geopolitical instability and supply line collapses effecting the developing nations, which will result in starvation there. And eventually it may culminate in a civil conflict. You're so willing to push for this to happen - are you going to volunteer to live in poverty? Why don't you lead the way and turn your household appliances off, including your computer - go ahead, help save the world.

When you dismiss the notion of reason, and consider any attempt at reasoning merely a "perspective" or a "personality temperament", your thoughts will turn to mush and you'll end up like Alive. This is what can happen if you practice socionics for too long.
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 05-14-2024 at 09:52 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notice how DogofDanger and Criscorey claim to, but they don't actually believe in climate change. They think people will just build back in a generation or two. They have no clue about the data. They just want to defend this neoliberal ideology. If they knew, they wouldn't claim this nonsense that you can just build back.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notice how DogofDanger and Criscorey claim to, but they don't actually believe in climate change. They think people will just build back in a generation or two. They have no clue about the data. They just want to defend this neoliberal ideology.
    I happen to know you're wrong. Secondly I haven't looked into it. We don't talk about climate change. What ideology? I only listen to facts. Need help?

If you ruin a planet God will make you a new one. He loves you.

-Krishna

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow the conversation topic has been derailed over to climate change, I don't know how... Oh, I must have accidentally suggested that Alive turn his computer off... didn't mean to completely derail your brain there Alive, my bad.
    What I'm saying is so long as it's physically possible society will always restructure and rebuild after social collapse, rendering some attempt to preserve the biosphere by tearing down society of no effect. If you really wanted to preserve the biosphere your best bet would be to advance technology and advance society, not try in vain to tear it down. Though again, water pollution and deforestation are the serious threats to the actual biosphere, not so much Co2 emissions - plants and fish will be fine, animals will migrate and evolve - Co2 is mainly a threat to human civilization. And you would not tear down human civilization in order to preserve civilization. Now if you were arguing to reduce actual pollution that'd be another matter.
    Let's try to follow at least one train of thought before we add new ones.
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 05-14-2024 at 10:26 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your points are at odds with the actual data. You told me that I want to essentially kill people, I said that due to global warming, the system is going to collapse anyway so it doesn't matter. You are not a scientist. You just spout random garbage that supports your perspective while chriscorey has essentially no clue at all. Both of you are clowns. It was clear to me from the start that both of you don't actually care about this issue. I don't have to do anything, though. The age of pragmatism and realism is coming to an end. Both of you represent that. A guy who is full of hate with no friends and a drunk middle aged woman who thinks X-Men represents her. Broken people for a broken system

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The core problem is religion, specifically Islam. The Arab citizenry attacked the Jews, then the Jews drove them from the land - makes sense. Today the Jews would be hesitant to live side by side with the Palestinians, because the Palestinians still generally want to kill them. Still makes sense...
    Regretfully this is mostly true. This needs to be expanded upon because I don't think the western world fully grasps this and needs to wake up.

I wanted to share this opinion from Youseff Ramses, a businessman from Egypt:

Islam is not just a religion, it is a system of government. You cannot separate Islam from Sharia law. Allow the Muslims to take over, and you lose your country's government to Islam

Real Islam teaches the un-acceptance of the other. Yes it is the ultimate goal of any Muslim to destroy the West (the devil on this planet) and wipe off all the infidels (every one who says that Jesus is God or is one of three Gods) in the world and in doing so he is fulfilling God's will.

All Muslims are obligated to participate in this fundamental tenet of jihad up and until:
    1. There are no more infidels i.e. until everyone on earth believes and confesses that Allah is the only God and that Mohamed is his messenger. or
    2. There are no more unbelievers with the exception of "peoples of the Book" (i.e. only Jews and Christians) but only after their being subjugated in humiliation to the protected status under the flag of Islam. This status is the acceptance of a second class citizenship. Jews and/or Christians should pay Gezia (an ethnic tax paid for protection and as specifically spelled "in humiliation"), never hold a position higher than a Muslim, can use existing religious buildings but could not replace or erect new ones, can not join the military or the police, in short can not act as an equal to a Muslim.

Now the methods of jihad. According to the situation of the Muslim, Jihad can be with the heart (intentions) with the tongue (teaching) or with the hand (weapons or force).

If a Muslim is a member of a minority group or is in the weaker position or is in need for the other inhabitants of his community (like those living in the USA or European countries) then he should do jihad by intentions without showing it; one of these methods is by

1) immigration or by

2) reproduction; muslim are allowed to marry four wives at one time and are encouraged to have as much children as possible to increase the numbers and political strength of Islam - Currently, Muslims outnumber Episcopalians in the USA furthermore by 2020 and for the first time in history Muslims will outnumber Christians in the world. This technique was used successfully in Lebanon where the Christian majority was overturned by immigration from Syria and Palestine and by reproduction.

If a muslim is on (or is forced to accept being on) equal footing with others (like those living in most Arab countries) Jihad is by preaching "dawa" and financial incentives: in Egypt Saudi Arabian and Iranian organizations offer monthly payments for muslim men leaving their beards unshaved and muslim women being veiled or completely cover their faces. They offer financial rewards for Muslims who convert Christians to Islam. To get such lucrative incentives minor Christian females are lured drugged or forced into sexual relationships with Muslims and are then forced to convert to Islam to get married to the perpetrators.

However if a Muslim is in a stronger position (those living in Afghanistan and Algeria) then Jihad is by all possible means where non-Muslims' shed blood is un-punishable and non-Muslims': children, wives, and money are declared as earned rightful war lots to Muslims jihadists.

Next, a fundamental concept in Islam called the "Takia" which is essential to understanding why and how seemingly moderate Muslims are living in Western countries, how for example, the 9/11 terrorists mingled unnoticed with Americans, and why English and Spanish citizens undertook the UK subway and Spain's train attacks.

Islam teaches Muslims to use a technique called the "Takia" which indicates that God does not punish but in fact encourages Muslims to show, declare, and act in manners (opposite to their belief and his teachings) to deceive their enemy, up and until they conquer him. Muslims living in Christian countries are pretending to be moderate but it is not their real personal belief. (Yes, America is considered a "Christian country" though that is laughable now)

9/11 attackers did not have beards; they went to pubs, put on jeans and had friendly relationships with other passengers they were intending to kill in a few minutes. Muslims English and Spanish citizens blew up underground trains and busses because they where obligated to live with English and Spanish infidels who are occupying England and Spain which are the lands of God which He intended for the dwelling of only Muslim believers.

Lastly, the ultimate goal of any Muslim, which is securing a place in the Muslim paradise. A Muslim martyr blowing himself with unbelievers in jihad (getting rid of infidels) is guaranteed an eternal place in a heaven where not only will he get a palace with many rooms each one occupied by a beautiful maiden whom he can enjoy sexually and who miraculously becomes a virgin every morning, but also eternally young boys for his pleasure plus wine, fruits of all kinds and every other imaginable humanly pleasures. How can anyone leave such an easy exit of an unjust life?
    Last edited by spatula boy; 05-14-2024 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You told me that I want to essentially kill people, I said that due to global warming, the system is going to collapse anyway so it doesn't matter.
    So after sustained outrage against Israel for attacking Hamas and inadvertently killing civilians we now find that you are completely okay with killing people on a mass scale via social collapse, in vain hypothetical attempts to "save the planet"... which would achieve absolutely nothing toward this end because people will just rebuild... because the sun monster is coming. But even if nothing is achieved, and people die in the process... since the planet is dying you say we may as well just indiscriminately kill humans immediately anyway, the end result is the same so it doesn't matter. Kind of like how you should all just shoot yourselves in the head immediately because you're going to die of cancer or something eventually anyway so it doesn't matter.
    Your brain is basically scrambled eggs and chunks of ham.
    I would like to rest my case... this person is deluded and should probably be on anti-psychosis meds.
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 05-14-2024 at 11:05 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after pages of outrage against Israel for attacking Hamas and killing civilians in the process we now find that you are completely okay with killing people on a mass scale via social collapse, in vain hypothetical attempts to "save the planet"... which would achieve absolutely nothing toward this end because people will just rebuild... because the sun monster is coming. But even if nothing is achieved by it... since the planet is dying we may as well just indiscriminately kill humans immediately anyway, the end result is the same so it doesn't matter. Kind of like how you should all just shoot yourselves in the head immediately because you're going to die of cancer or something eventually anyway so it doesn't matter.
    Your brain is basically scrambled eggs and chunks of ham.
    I would like to rest my case... this person is deluded and should probably be on anti-psychosis meds.
    I find it so amusing how stupid you are. Of course you don't believe CC is real, or that Co2 emissions are a problem. So you are either a liar or too stupid to understand science, but considering that you seem similar to the likes of Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro or Bjřrn Lomborg, I assume that it's unfortunately a type structure that doesn't allow you to grasp these concepts, much to the dismay of the rest of the population. The fact that you say the planet is dying is also funny, as the planet is fine, but humans, animals and complex systems won't survive. This also includes you, which might be a good thing for living beings

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be careful what you wish for...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it hilarious that you've switched from being adamantly against killing of innocents in Gaza to now justifying the widespread killing off of people to hypothetically save the planet.
    I find it so amusing how stupid you are. Of course you don't believe CC is real, or that Co2 emissions are a problem. So you are either a liar or too stupid to understand science, but considering that you seem similar to the likes of Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro or Bjřrn Lomborg, I assume that it's unfortunately a type structure that doesn't allow you to grasp these concepts, much to the dismay of the rest of the population.
    Never has the bolded been suggested by myself at any point in the conversation, your loopy, feeble mind just defaults to this position due to your inability to follow along. It's true I am skeptical of your timelines and panic scenarios, which are basically worst case scenarios and we've seen these predictions be wrong many times over the past few decades - there is not scientific consensus on the timelines despite however many times you say the word "science" in a lisp like some womens studies student - but nonetheless I am confident the climate is changing as a result of Co2 emissions... I think the temperature will probably rise somewhere between 1.5 and 2 degrees by 2100. What I really question are your asinine suggestions on what to do about it, such as tear down civilization in vain and kill large numbers of people while achieving nothing, probably even making the problem worse by slowing and prolonging the industrialization of developing nations, which are the main polluters. There's alot of nuance to this topic, and the appropriate response needs to be crafted very carefully, but unfortunately the public conversation has been hijacked by panic-ridden activists looking for an outlet to express their antisocial angst and claim moral superiority, appointing themselves as spokespeople for a topic they are extremely ignorant about, dangling armageddon over our heads to coopt us into horrible ideas that have been hardly thought through, won't work and will have absolutely disastrous consequences.
    For example... why is there not a widespread public outcry for a transition to thorium nuclear power? Because the public conversation is driven by toddlers such as yourself whose main goal is to project their angst at humanity by calling for us to tear down society, so any attempt at reason is just drowned out by these people. These are people like Greta Thunberg, a mentally ill autistic child with no degree in climate science who was appointed public representative for this issue, who 6 years ago predicted by 2023 if we hadn't transitioned off of fossil fuel this would mean the certain end of humanity as 5 years was the cutoff of no return. These people have turned the issue into a spectacle, so now we can hardly have a serious conversation about this in public without political barriers going up and people just digging their heels in. Meanwhile the policies that are promoted politically are not the most efficient ways of addressing the issue, but just the ones that put large amounts of money in the hands of government and its donors, predictable given how the system works... and the lemmings are now being coopted into that. For example, the recent multi-trillion dollar "inflation reduction" package which actually increased inflation, but was supposed to promote electric vehicle usage... has that happened? Society is still full of gas cars, I have not seen a significant change... there was no serious change in incentives or in societies structure. Will not make any impact in the final analysis, just donors getting rich as hell, essentially. Good job, great progress, moron.

The fact that you say the planet is dying is also funny, as the planet is fine, but humans, animals and complex systems won't survive. This also includes you, which might be a good thing for living beings
    Just to be clear, when we talk about the planet becoming uninhabitable this is due to pollution and habitat destruction over long periods of time, not Co2 rising in the immediate future.
    Complex life on the planet dying off is not "fine", this is what is meant when I say the planet is dying, I do not mean the rock itself is dying, the rock is not alive... wtf are you even talking about? Are you talking about the aftermath where some bacteria remain? Sure, cellular life persists in some mutant form I suppose... Wooo, you got me, I said "the planet is dying" and I didn't account for the bacteria that will remain afterwards, oh man you got me. Oh man you are smart...
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 05-14-2024 at 08:15 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to derail this thread even more, but just for people to realize the nonsense that Dogshit is writing: we crossed 1,5 degrees of global warming last year. every person that denies this is not a climate scientist and either a liar or full of shit. despite warming accelerating at an insane speed, this idiot thinks that im the next 76 years, only 1,5- (which we crossed) 2 degrees of warming will take place. only an uninformed fool would make such an idiotic prediction. He also uses the typical tactic of climate deniers by saying that scientists made ridiculous predictions in the past when they never did. these predictions are made by politicians, journalists and celebrities, who are not scientists. scientists collect data. the problem that we have in the world is that all kinds of idiots make all kinds of comments they have no business talking about. it doesn't matter, we are not going to do anything about it, but don't forget who the deniers were who were constantly throwing wrenches in discussions

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The prediction of 1.5-2.0 is for a relative increase from today over the next 75 years, it says nothing about the cumulative effect until today - never have I denied that there is some cumulative effect felt today, or even mentioned this... Observe how easily this dotard becomes confused. And no, the cumulative effect today from Co2 specifically has not been precisely isolated either, and no credible scientist would ever claim to have this precise value, they would give you a range and tell you the precise value was somewhere in that range, with varying levels of confidence. I acknowledge the cumulative effect is significant but when this dunce says it's been 1.5 degrees he is just choosing a number within a range and presenting the chosen value as fact. We do not need these dunces destroying society in the vain attempt to save humanity, I stand by that.
    I am literally acknowledging climate change and this donkeys ass keeps insisting I'm denying climate change.
    There are scientists who have made radical predictions and scientists who have underpredicted things, then scientists falling somewhere in between - it is absolutely the case that certain scientists in the past have painted doom scenarios that did not pan out, and these predictions have been used politically, and induced panic and political activism - Al Gore made a whole documentary 20 years ago saying basically if we didn't move off all fossil fuels within 10 years we were completely doomed, point of no return, and that was based on the "top scientific consensus", at least according to his claims. So yes, there is bullshit science surrounding politicized issues. The bottom line is we're dealing with a range, you are picking a number within the range, what you have is a degree of confidence, not a fact - you go low or high - 6 degrees is a very high prediction, 1.5-2.0 over the next 75 years is reasonable and falls within the expected range. And actually that's quite a rapid change, even 1 degree is hugely significant.
    Keep trying
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 05-15-2024 at 05:36 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Earth should be 18 degrees Celsius and the carbon dioxide levels should be 1200 PPM to optimize photosynthesis for plants. We are in a cold period with not enough CO2 in the air compared to what's optimized for how lifeforms that exist today evolved. People keep saying things like "peaches will start producing cyanide" but here's the thing, all the plants we have today are artificial. Life actually didn't give us lemons, we hybridized them from existing citrus varieties ourselves, and if there are problems then the Canadians who made canola and discovered penicillin will most likely have more work to do but it seems like they need it anyway. However, it's predicted that climate change will go up to 22 degrees Celsius which is way too much. Even up to 20 degrees Celsius the equator doesn't get much warmer, but at 22 degrees Celsius you will turn India into Death Valley and all the things people fear.

I suspect a lot of climate change will be self-correcting though due to basically anti-Malthusianism. As standards of living increase the population won't increase as much and the climate probably will settle at about 18 degrees Celsius give or take a little but India won't turn into Death Valley. And the GDP of the poorest countries will increase by about 10x so you'll be much richer, you get to homestead Siberia and Antarctica if you want and have so many new places to explore that aren't freezing and barren! Global warming is great, no one likes more than a little bit of cold and if you like a little bit of cold just move somewhere colder. Even people who like a little snow don't like when it's -20 degrees Celsius and they're at risk of getting frostbite indoors in their own home unless they turn on 5 space heaters. There is still a little bit of snow at 18 degrees Celsius, especially in Antarctica which will have a climate similar to New Zealand and Patagonia, but New Zealand and Patagonia are very inhabitable, meanwhile Scandinavia will become a nicer place to live and New Yorkers won't need to retire to Florida because New York will be warm anyway.

This is not even a right-wing talking point, there are people who have written for the Guardian and other more left sources who agree with me and who I'm actually getting a lot of my points from. People just like the global warming narrative because it's an excuse to control everything, and because maybe a new species will replace Homo sapiens which would certainly destroy all the hegemonic power structures. Lots of people have a lot invested in keeping the world the way it is, but that doesn't mean it's any good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bruh even the children are bad, how is this even real??

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like it's being done for the camera... they're holding flags for no apparent reason... the stomping of the items serves no obvious purpose, you could just throw the items in a dumpster. And they're even wearing Jewish hats as if to just say "yeah here's what Jews are like". On top of it all they're having children do it... Seems like an unnatural way to achieve their goals, like it's just theatrical.
    It's not the Israeli government so I don't really see what the point is anyway, the schools we showed earlier with kids being trained to wield AK47s were run by Hamas... there are always going to be fringe elements in society, the fact they exist is not surprising or that significant, but when they actually become the majority / run the society that is a big problem.
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 05-18-2024 at 01:08 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Levitical choir:

"Israel will weather the current storm and emerge stronger and more united than before. And there is one more reason why this war should be called the One Day War. This war, when won, will pave the way for the one day that we are all working toward, the day of the building of the Holy Temple. The day of the renewal of G-d’s glory. The day that the knowledge of HaShem will spread throughout the world and all the peoples will come up to Jerusalem, to the Holy Temple, just as our prophets said they will. This is the day that Jews have been praying for for two thousand years, and this is the day that the Temple Institute works toward, day in and day out. Our losses have been great and the road ahead remains long and full of challenges. But we have so very much to celebrate and to be thankful for on Yom Atzma’ut.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    UN halved it's estimate of women and children killed in Gaza.

Shocker.

IDF"we're going to bomb this building. Get out." They leave.

In no other war in history.

No Jews, no news...
    https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonCHI/s...71852928340384

TIM
    ESI SP4 FVEL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenix View Post
    Bruh even the children are bad, how is this even real??
    Hate is taught, it's how fascism thrives

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a talent for spouting cliches that are digestible to masses of idiots.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://x.com/ShaykhSulaiman/status/1791053227393466469

Remember that only Hamas are the religious fanatics. It's only logical and rational to bomb civillians and children.

https://x.com/netanyahu/status/1791079411602628964

He uses the words "Judea and Samaria”, which are right-wing zionist words for the West Bank.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.icc-cpi.int/news/stateme...ituation-state

The International Criminal Court has just issued arrest warrants for Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Yoav Gallant, and Hamas leaders.

https://twitter.com/IntlCrimCourt/st...11246769570084

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.icc-cpi.int/news/stateme...ituation-state

The International Criminal Court has just issued arrest warrants for Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Yoav Gallant, and Hamas leaders.

https://twitter.com/IntlCrimCourt/st...11246769570084
    People who support or "both sides" a genocide of a population that's mostly kids aren't going to care what some court in the Netherlands thinks. I don't think you're going to convince anyone here of anything.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    People who support or "both sides" a genocide of a population that's mostly kids aren't going to care what some court in the Netherlands thinks. I don't think you're going to convince anyone here of anything.
    well it's interesting in the sense that the west is going to basically have to distance itself from such an institution. I don't think anyone here is going to change their view, I agree with that. this website is essentially meaningless and I think most people have made it clear where they stand. I just felt like sharing it since I posted a another article in chat and I do like to think about the issue from a personality perspective, even if my thoughts are rather vague regarding that and I keep most of them to myself.