Thread: Israeli–Palestinian war (2023)

Threaded View

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    There are huge Arab towns throughout Israel, but there are no Jews allowed in any part of any Palestinian controlled territory. The lack of outrage over this reverse apartheid is a quintessential example of the bigotry of low expectations. Middle Eastern people are considered too savage to conform to decent social standards, so we get a pass for all forms of vile racism, bigotry, othering, and harm because “it’s just our culture” to be backwards and unsophisticated. Whereas anything considered “white” or “western” (which is what they believe about Israel) attaches to it scrupulous standards of justice, equality, and fairness.
    There are already Jewish towns in Palestinian territory. They're called "settlements," and they're populated by violent religious fanatics who believe that the West Bank is their promised land.

As for why I criticize Israel, it's because I believe that no government and no country should be above the law—not the United States nor my own country, not Russia, not China, not Saudi Arabia, not Iran, and not Israel. And above all, I criticize Israel because, in doing so, I'm hoping to expose the soft antisemitism of low expectations.
    Last edited by xerx; 05-06-2024 at 06:47 AM.