Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Israeli–Palestinian war (2023)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DogOfDanger View Post
    This is such an asinine comment. First of all, what does it mean "if you like israel and want to see it survive"...? Whether the Jews should survive is not a matter of opinion or up for debate. And what would their being exterminated even look like...? Iran providing Hamas with nuclear weapons, wiping out all major Israeli cities? Arab states uniting and storming the country, going into cities and slaughtering the Jews in mass like their book of fairy tales tells them to do?

If you believe Israels extermination is a possibility then you've just justified Israels response as self defense. And actually the first scenario where Iran provides Hamas with nuclear weapons is a long term possibility, it might even be probable.

You must be a follower of Islam - only that cursed religion could cause a person to hold opinions like this.
    Your religion, and the Qu'ran, is shit. It is elementary shit I could have written myself. Muhammad was a deluded narcissist. It is time you stopped living your life according to fairy tales while creating global mayhem.

Secondly, Hamas's own charter states plainly they are not interested in compromise, so how the fuck do you suggest Israel compromise? What actual compromise, short of them abandoning their cities and all 9 million of them mass migrating to Europe and becoming homeless there, do you suggest? Do you have shit for brains or do I need to show you Hamas's charter again, or their record of rejecting peace offerings?

Thirdly... how is shutting down the Isreal/Saudi peace process progress for the region? What worthy goal could this possibly achieve, except to increase the probability of war...?

I'm sorry there are consequences for adhering to the violent, racist attitudes in your book. I'm sorry there are consequences for declaring war on neighboring countries and losing. I'm sorry there are consequences for electing an authoritarian regime intent on annihilating its neighbor. I'm sorry there are consequences for provoking a military far more advanced than your own. But for all these problems there is one simple solution - it is for you and your people to stop being stupid. Abandon the delusional fairy tales, respect your neighbors, come forward and offer peace, join the global community... all solutions entirely within your grasp.
    Until this happens I don't care about your whining, and the governments of the world agree with me - Hamas will be rooted out in their tunnels, their leaders will be found and executed on TV, and this Arab effort to slaughter the Jews / reclaim the holy land will be quashed. And it looks like this is going to happen.
    Let me throw that back at you: Hamas has only grown stronger because of Israel's repeated bombing campaigns (including, but certainly not limited to, this latest one), which have not created the impression that Israel is some benevolent neighbour, and which has only helped to justify Hamas' case, already strong in the minds of many Palestinians, that the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is a zero-sum game.

Violence doesn't guarantee security; that has been my whole point. Israel has been bombing the Palestinians for decades, and yet Palestinian capabalities, weak as they still are, have only grown stronger.

Thirdly... how is shutting down the Isreal/Saudi peace process progress for the region? What worthy goal could this possibly achieve, except to increase the probability of war...?
    Progress for Israel and Saudi relations? No. Progress for the Palestinian cause? Yes, as the Palestinians were big losers in the Abraham accords.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    It's a harsh thing to say, but this attack has done more for the Palestinian cause than the feeble "peace process."

It has either delayed or completely shut down Israeli-Saudi detente, has severely damaged Israel's reputation (both due to Israel's initial unpreparedness and its subsequent overreaction), and it has brought the fading Israeli-Palestinian issue back into the public eye. The Gazans have payed a terrible price for it, but it has achieved something that will be considered more than a historical footnote.

Israel's problem is that it can only survive so long as its neighbors are weak. That's not the case anymore. And if you like Israel and want to see it survive, you ought to have been urging it to compromise.
    January 2008: Israeli PM criticises West Bank settlements
    The Israeli prime minister, Ehud Olmert, has made unusually critical remarks about his country's policy of building settlements in the West Bank.

Olmert acknowledged that by continuing to build West Bank settlements, Israel was flouting the spirit of the recently revived peace plan.
    May 2013: Hand-drawn map shows what Olmert offered for peace
    Hastily drawn 2008 sketch by Abbas, made public for the first time, illustrates former prime minister’s dramatic territorial proposal for ‘Palestine’

A sketched map of Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert’s land-for-peace offer to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in 2008 — hurriedly drawn up by Abbas after a meeting with Olmert, and made public for the first time on Thursday — suggests that Israel was prepared to withdraw to borders very similar to the pre-1967 lines and swap areas of northern and southern Israel in return for maintaining the larger settlement blocs.
    June 2021: Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert urges his ‘friend’ Mahmoud Abbas to demonstrate courage and return to direct negotiations with Israel
    Speaking in Dubai, Olmert praises “visionary” UAE Crown Prince, says Abraham Accords could lead to lasting peace between Israelis and Palestinians, but Abbas and new Israeli government must take a “great leap forward” and come back to the table

DUBAI—Speaking in the commercial capital of the United Arab Emirates, former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert praised the “visionary” leadership of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed al Nayhan for normalizing relations with Israel, signing the Abraham Accords, and setting a model for true Arab-Israeli peace-making.

Olmert could not have been more effusive about the leadership of the Emiratis.

He praised the UAE for being one of “the major centers of business in the world” and urged Israelis to “be humble” and learn from the Emiratis as they seek to do joint ventures and investments together.

But Olmert also criticized Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas – whom he also called by his nickname “Abu Mazen” – for failing to accept the two-state solution deal that Olmert offered him in 2008.
    Hopefully the leader of Palestine, Mahmoud Abbas, can denounce Hamas instead of supporting them, and agree a peace deal with Netanyahu's successor.

You call Israel's attempt to destroy Hamas (a death cult terrorist group that constantly targets Israeli civilians) an overreaction, but you hated it when Israel merely limited itself to blockading Gaza for the majority of the time since the last time the Israelis went into Gaza to target the death cult terrorists.

Leaders of Israel and Palestine have considered themselves friends before and saw peace as possible, and Arab and Muslim countries such as Egypt have managed to sign peace deals with Israel. The true problem is that Palestine's Gaza Strip has a terrorist organization that wants to kill Jewish civilians, remove democracy from the Palestinians, and see death as preferable to life. It is wrong to compromise with terrorists. Destroy Hamas, and similar death cults, and it will be possible for life to happen peaceably between Israel and Palestine.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Hamas (a death cult terrorist group that constantly targets Israeli civilians)
    @Subteigh, I will admit that I never thought of Hamas as a death cult, but now that you mention it, that description absolutely fits the facts.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ave View Post
    Both sides need more moderate leaders, willing to work towards a two-state solution.
    I'd like that as well, but I'm no longer confident that a two-state solution is still possible. My initial support for it came entirely from the fact that it has wide international support, which, at one point, made it seem like the path of least resistance towards settling the conflict.

Hakuna Matata and the cycle of Samsara godslave's Avatar
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    The only" religious " part of the issue as far as I know is the Islamic-Jewish dispute over Al-Aqsa Mosque, where the Muslims consider it its own , while the Zionists think that the Temple of Solomon might be underneath it , except that, all Palestinians who oppose Israel suffer regardless of their religion: Muslims Christians or Samaritans , that's why I personally think it's more of a legal/cultural issue
    I've thought of a solution from the moment I learned about this amazing achievement (around thirty years ago).

where there's a will there's a way...

Sadly the real issue is not about any temple; stones or sacred ground, it's about politics, fanaticism and...Eschatology

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamas are thug terrorists. I see next to no difference between them and the Viking raiders of the dark ages. Fear, terror, murder. Wow, killing people at a music festival, so righteous!!

Its just human trash, regardless of ideologue or religion. If you are using religion to justify your murdering, imo you are a deluded great ape.

I still think its interesting that Chimpazees cannot form bonds outside their tribe, its built into their genes. Are these people saying they are no better than chimps?

The Isrealis who took their land decades ago are a little better, but not much. No different than the Russians right now. I mean I guess if you lie about your cause convincing enough, people are bound to believe it. As covid revealed. ... Nazis are infesting Ukraine, let's bring them their freedom, by oppressing them!

Americans are equally as hypocritical, which is why I think that the will to power is equally as valid as Petterson's competency ladder.

Thank-God my quadra occupies both spaces and neither.

Circling back to Hamas though, every single one of them, regardless of personal grievances and historicity , which I acknowledge are valid, have chosen the evil path and therefore I would never support their deluded cause. Its mental illness in the form of mind viruses, and I find these abhorrent no matter at what context or level they exist, even in my own personal world.

Dark triad types just want to see their world burn because of a mistaken understanding of the false self. Congrats guys, you succeeded in making the world darker and have confirmed the path of your own self-fulfilling prophecy.

BTW, I am not a pacifist, I'm anti-folly.
    Last edited by Finaplex; 10-10-2023 at 06:15 PM.

WARNING : DANGER ZONE !!! Biscuit's Avatar
    TIM
    INFT
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's hypocritical for people who follow an imperialistic ideology like Islam to complain about other people "stealing" land.
    Did you read what I wrote completely?

except that, all Palestinians who oppose Israel suffer regardless of their religion: Muslims Christians or Samaritans that's why I personally think it's more of a legal/cultural issue
    The complaint is the same for everyone when they oppose Zionists, even if they are atheists

If we followed that logic, the vast majority of land controlled by Islamic regimes would have to be returned to someone else
    Currently , all Islamic regims exists in its lands : Saudi Arabia and Pakistan for example

people who originally lived there are long dead.
    Yes of course , but document Archives of Ottoman Empire confirms that these “long-dead people” owned their lands back then , some Jews actually owned lands in Palestine back then, but they were a minority (8%) compared to other religions and they were later recognized as Palestinians at a conference

Also, let's not forget that Hamas stole democracy from the people it claims to represent.
    I spoke generally about the Palestinians, away from any authority that represents them , and even if Hamas is not the best representative of Palestine , this doesn't justify Israel's actions at all and doesn't mean that the Zionists are innocent or right

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Did you read what I wrote completely?

The complaint is the same for everyone when they oppose Zionists, even if they are atheists

Currently , all Islamic regims exists in its lands : Saudi Arabia and Pakistan for example

Yes of course , but document Archives of Ottoman Empire confirms that these “long-dead people” owned their lands back then , some Jews actually owned lands in Palestine back then, but they were a minority (8%) compared to other religions and they were later recognized as Palestinians at a conference

I spoke generally about the Palestinians, away from any authority that represents them , and even if Hamas is not the best representative of Palestine , this doesn't justify Israel's actions at all and doesn't mean that the Zionists are innocent or right
    Most land occupied by Islamic regimes were gained through conquest, including Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

By "long dead" people, I meant any peoples anywhere would suffered invasion, which has happened multiple times throughout history.

In the case of the Levant region, this includes the Byzantines, who the Muslims or at least Arabs "stole" land from, and the Jews who had their land "stolen from them by the Romans as well as others.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are apparently making a list of certain people who have publicly held Israel single-handedly responsible... as a "terror list for potential employers"

https://sites.google.com/view/college-terror-list/home

....what??

I really don't think this is wise...

Hakuna Matata and the cycle of Samsara godslave's Avatar
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've managed to not watch any horrible footage or traumatic picture of that massacre, of that pogrom. I am horrified by the morbid curiosity of people in social media. I've read stuff and it was already traumatic to just read them, I didn't allow my mind to picture them.

That said, one of the purposes of showing those images might be to prepare people for the unthinkable. Dehumanization is a defense mechanism that allow normal people to do inhuman things. When a person or a group of humans become nothing but objects, not human anymore, then even the most basic empathy ceases to exist and massacre of that kind or even mass murders with any weapon available become "tolerable" if covered and justified by a simple concept namely the right to defend oneself.

I've already heard the words of dehumanization from the terrorists and now mere people start to use the same terminology. If people consider "Hamas" and "Palestinians" as synonymous then surely the Talion law can apply its "blind justice". Although I'm sure most people who watch this horrible events never heard of Al-Qassam Brigades and don't distinguish between the political factions and opinions among the Gazans. I heard people saying that the hostages are considered as already dead by some Israeli officials... What is about to be done to Gaza is unthinkable.

The world configuration and geopolitical status has never been so auspicious to WW3. I've already heard people using eschatological terms from every side. When you already have a script albeit written thousands of years ago, all you have to do is direct the movie. The actors are ready, they stand by for the director to scream "Action !".

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I've managed to not watch any horrible footage or traumatic picture of that massacre, of that pogrom. I am horrified by the morbid curiosity of people in social media. I've read stuff and it was already traumatic to just read them, I didn't allow my mind to picture them.

That said, one of the purposes of showing those images might be to prepare people for the unthinkable. Dehumanization is a defense mechanism that allow normal people to do inhuman things. When a person or a group of humans become nothing but objects, not human anymore, then even the most basic empathy ceases to exist and massacre of that kind or even mass murders with any weapon available become "tolerable" if covered and justified by a simple concept namely the right to defend oneself.

I've already heard the words of dehumanization from the terrorists and now mere people start to use the same terminology. If people consider "Hamas" and "Palestinians" as synonymous then surely the Talion law can apply its "blind justice". Although I'm sure most people who watch this horrible events never heard of Al-Qassam Brigades and don't distinguish between the political factions and opinions among the Gazans. I heard people saying that the hostages are considered as already dead by some Israeli officials... What is about to be done to Gaza is unthinkable.

The world configuration and geopolitical status has never been so auspicious to WW3. I've already heard people using eschatological terms from every side. When you already have a script albeit written thousands of years ago, all you have to do is direct the movie. The actors are ready, they stand by for the director to scream "Action !".
    Sorry, used the wrong account to "constructive" your post. I'm trying to avoid social media too now, and this whole situation is stressing me out. I might have to take a rare break from the internet even.

I really hope that Palestinian civilians are able to get to safety somehow.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brace yourselves for WWIII, a much anticipated sequel to the most popular show in history. This time with cutting edge, AI-assisted technology. And are we finally going to see nuclear in action? Will there be any winners of survivors? One way to find out.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Brace yourselves for WWIII, a much anticipated sequel to the most popular show in history. This time with cutting edge, AI-assisted technology. And are we finally going to see nuclear in action? Will there be any winners of survivors? One way to find out.
    I think luckily the timing isn't right - Iran probably doesn't have a significant nuclear weapon capability, if it has one at all, and I doubt Russia could fire nukes to Israel without destroying their own country.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think luckily the timing isn't right - Iran probably doesn't have a significant nuclear weapon capability, if it has one at all, and I doubt Russia could fire nukes to Israel without destroying their own country.
    The biggest problem with the idea of nuking Israel for people who just hate Zionism full stop is that nuking Israel to save Palestine is like nuking Queens to save Brooklyn.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudomorph View Post
    The biggest problem with the idea of nuking Israel for people who just hate Zionism full stop is that nuking Israel to save Palestine is like nuking Queens to save Brooklyn.
    Russia would only nuke Israel to get at the Americans, they don't care about Palestinians or non-Russians generally (look at how they treat ethnic minorities in Russia who actually are Russian). That's true of the Iranian government also: see how they treat their own people.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Subteigh, I laughed out loud when I read the bolded part. Yes, I think that Russia's last few missile launches did not go well.

But even if a Russian missile did make it out of the silo and onto the adjoining fields, I doubt if the nuclear warhead would explode. Nuclear weapons need tritium to work, and Tritium has a half-life of eight years and must be (very expensively) renewed every once in a while.

What would you bet that the Tritium distributors sold off some of that stuff that was destined for Russian missiles, maybe to Iran, or to North Korea, for a ton of money? Think that's a possibility? I mean, who would know, and that dacha isn't going to build itself.

I'm just speculating, based on the fact that you can find Russian military uniforms in the local thrift stores, while the guys on the base go without. Plus the fact that you can buy Russian military optics on ebay. Which I did. Fairly high quality for a very low price.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-11-2023 at 04:05 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Subteigh, I laughed out loud when I read the bolded part. Yes, I think that Russia's last few missile launches did not go well.

But even if a Russian missile did make it out of the silo and onto the adjoining fields, I doubt if the nuclear warhead would explode. Nuclear weapons need tritium to work, and Tritium has a half-life of eight years and must be (very expensively) renewed every once in a while.

What would you bet that the Tritium distributors sold off some of that stuff that was destined for Russian missiles, maybe to Iran, or to North Korea, for a ton of money? Think that's a possibility? I mean, who would know, and that dacha isn't going to build itself.

I'm just speculating, based on the fact that you can find Russian military uniforms in the local thrift stores, while the guys on the base go without. Plus the fact that you can buy Russian military optics on ebay. Which I did. Fairly high quality for a very low price.
    I did intend my remark to be interpreted that way, but I mostly meant that Russia's nuclear threats shouldn't be taken seriously, because the Russian military knows that if they actually did fire nukes, Moscow and Saint Petersburg would be destroyed within the hour in retaliatory strikes and that would be the end of Russia. They're certainly not going to be firing nukes on the pretense of defending Palestinians.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I want to be a non-interventionist, I think the best path forward now would be for other countries, particularly the Arab countries, to intervene and figure some way out, however slow and suboptimal. At least cushion the side-effects and provide an off-ramp for heat to dissipate away from the epicenter of the conflict. Palestinian civilians have nowhere to go (not even Egypt wants them) and Israelis are fuming (with genocidal rage) like never before. You can't just leave this to Hamas and Netanyahu's government. The hands-off approach isn't working.
    Last edited by Park; 10-11-2023 at 12:58 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Antisemites: We don't care about Palestinians, we just hate Jews!
    Islamophobes: We don't care about Israelis, we just hate Arabs!

Sometimes it does look like that's how that war will end, though if people just nuke the side they dislike out of hatred they won't be able to pretend they were trying to help anyone because that really is like nuking Queens to save Brooklyn or vice versa. However, we already have Mia Khalifa banned from Playboy for supporting Hamas, so it's starting to look like that's within the realm of possibility. People just decide they hate others more than they like anything including their own lives, give up, and destroy it all. I'm sure this is what the gradual accumulation of ressentiment in the human race looks like on a large scale.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, we already have Mia Khalifa banned from Playboy for supporting Hamas
    You follow pornstars on Twitter or something?

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You follow pornstars on Twitter or something?
    Worse: It was on the front page of Reddit.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worse: It was on the front page of Reddit.
    Well, that's certainly interesting.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People just decide they hate others more than they like anything including their own lives, give up, and destroy it all. I'm sure this is what the gradual accumulation of ressentiment in the human race looks like on a large scale.
    This also sounds like clinical narcissism (which, contrary to popular belief, is actually about self-hate) on a large (mass) scale.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This also sounds like clinical narcissism on a large (mass) scale.
    Maybe. I tend to think more about ressentiment because narcissism doesn't normally have the connotation of destroying others, but I could see how those go together. I mean ressentiment like in Kierkegaard (and stolen by Nietzsche.) You have person A who does something to harm person B, so person B harms person C to stop themselves from feeling like they're at the bottom of the pecking order. I think most racism tends to work like that, like you have all the rich people who pick on rural white people, so the rural white people pick on black people and other races in order to feel more powerful.

I think this is often a driving force in human history as a whole. Look into for example the relationship between SERE and the various torture scandals such as Guantanamo Bay and Abu Ghraib. These military people were literally tortured by their own government so they decided to torture their prisoners to make sure they weren't the victims. I think that's also a lot of why most war crimes are committed to begin with. Military hazing is often worse than fraternity hazing despite all the Bible-thumping lots of military types engage in. Since they don't want to feel like the victims of sexual assault they go out and rape civilians, or if they were made to fall from a tree and humiliate themselves they go machine gun down civilians so they all fall into their graves.

It's not just that having power makes people go crazy like the myth of the Ring of Gyges in my opinion as that people were already given a motivation to feel weak and now they do acts of evil to try to make themselves feel stronger again. Of course this is a very illusory form of power, the same as how poor people are always thinking of the power of money and rich people think money doesn't matter. The power of evil should never be seducing because it is just the power of lacking and wanting, yet most people (and I do mean most people, Sturgeon's law prefigured as broad is the road that leads to destruction and all that) are seduced by it because an absence is powerful to the person who feels an absence. That's also in my opinion why things like "stealing spells" are so popular among the subset of people who try doing all that sort of witchcraft thing. It's not enough to have what someone else has; one has to take it from them in order to feel powerful again. Sometimes people merely spread evil without even asking for anything themselves, such as just trying to make people split up, so swayed are many by evil.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. I tend to think more about ressentiment because narcissism doesn't normally have the connotation of destroying others, but I could see how those go together. I mean ressentiment like in Kierkegaard (and stolen by Nietzsche.) You have person A who does something to harm person B, so person B harms person C to stop themselves from feeling like they're at the bottom of the pecking order. I think most racism tends to work like that, like you have all the rich people who pick on rural white people, so the rural white people pick on black people and other races in order to feel more powerful.
    I have definitely witnessed that kind of dynamic (mostly on an anecdotal basis), but I don't know how prevalent it actually is. It is difficult to gauge these things until something very apparent/explicit happens. Or you study history and inevitably arrive at some horrifying realizations...

Regarding narcissism, I've been toying with the idea that I might be somewhere on the spectrum recently, after a couple of serious mental breakdowns I went through. I think I reached a point where I felt I truly hated myself and my life, and I've had short-lived flashes of destructive thoughts of the kind you described. They scared the shit out of me, to say the least.
    Last edited by Park; 10-11-2023 at 02:12 AM.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The simplest explanation is an intelligence failure. If the last few years have affirmed anything to my mind, ineptitude is a fixture of government and of government agencies (the bungled Russian invasion of Ukraine, the untenable American response to the same Russian invasion, the farcical Hunka incident by the ridiculous Canadian parliament, and other incidents of incompetence all come to mind). We'll get the full(er) story one day, of course.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The simplest explanation is an intelligence failure. If the last few years have affirmed anything to my mind, incompetence and poor-readiness is a fixture of government and of government agencies (the bungled Russian invasion of Ukraine, the farcical Hunka incident by the ridiculous Canadian parliament, and others all come to mind). We'll get the full(er) story one day, of course.
    Also known as "I'm from the government and I'm here to help!" and "Good enough for government work!" Area 51 probably really was a crash-landing by aliens, who probably crashed because they were from an extraterrestrial government which was equally incompetent as Earth governments.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also known as "I'm from the government and I'm here to help!" and "Good enough for government work!" Area 51 probably really was a crash-landing by aliens, who probably crashed because they were from an extraterrestrial government which was equally incompetent as Earth governments.
    Solution to the Fermi paradox: Instead of warp gate to Earth, the Galactic Empire built a warp gate to nowhere.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solution to the Fermi paradox: Instead of warp gate to Earth, the Galactic Empire built a warp gate to nowhere.
    Yes! But there are still a few individual aliens that some people on Earth know about, just not as many as there should be if extraterrestrial governments were more competent than terrestrial governments. Seeing as all governments are incompetent regardless of species, there's no galactic warp gate to Earth or anywhere else that matters. The galactic infrastructure is just as dilapidated as the nearby roads and frequently closed off.

On the bright side, at least we have time to prepare and not be subjects to galactic imperialism. Surely we live in the best of all possible worlds!

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sequel to the postcolonialists is the galactic postcolonialists. Some college students from the studies departments will be ineffectively hitting alien invaders on the head with Edward Said's Orientalism.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings, humans. Intergalactic persecution has forced us to establish a homeland on your planet. An intergalactic convention led by the Galactic Empire has decided upon this planet, since the Overmind promised it to us hundreds of millions of years ago back when only the ancestor of your species occupied it. You should know us from your documents of your prehistory and the encounters we had back then, when this was the promised planet for us in our texts. Fear not, for the Galactic Empire has deemed this necessary.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Greetings, humans. Intergalactic persecution has forced us to establish a homeland on your planet. An intergalactic convention led by the Galactic Empire has decided upon this planet, since the Overmind promised it to us hundreds of millions of years ago back when only the ancestor of your species occupied it. You should know us from your documents of your prehistory and the encounters we had back then, when this was the promised planet for us in our texts. Fear not, for the Galactic Empire has deemed this necessary.
    Welcome, Galactic Empire members bent on conquest. We welcome our new insect overlords.

However, we should warn you that your attempt at conquest will be in vain. Since you have obviously discovered the16types.info website, you are already doomed to a life of pained distraction and increasing stasis, while we, in the meantime, will steal your spaceships and go joy-riding around. Probably we'll crash a few, just for the hell of it.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Welcome, Galactic Empire members bent on conquest. We welcome our new insect overlords.

However, we should warn you that your attempt at conquest will be in vain. Since you have obviously discovered the16types.info website, you are already doomed to a life of pained distraction and increasing stasis, while we, in the meantime, will steal your spaceships and go joy-riding around. Probably we'll crash a few, just for the hell of it.
    No no, this is in reference to Galactic Mandatory Earth being settled by a minority, not the Galactic Empire administration itself, though these two might be considered largely equivalent in some cases.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No no, this is in reference to Galactic Mandatory Earth being settled by a minority, not the Galactic Empire administration itself, though these two might be considered largely equivalent in some cases.
    Let them all come. McDonalds is having a hard time finding workers.

Everyone thinks they will be conquerors when they arrive in a new place, but most just end up invigorating the Bloorp vats.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the meeting with space invaders would go in real life as of 2023:

To Serve Man
    : It's a cookbook!
    Orientalism: It's an academic book telling us to stop Othering the poor edible humans when they're the ones who literally called us "Other" in Latin to begin with!

TIM
    INFT
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    INFT
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant: "I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed. We are fighting human animals and we act accordingly."

this doesn't exactly sound like a logical, level-headed statement to me. there seems to be a lot of ideology involved when it comes to western responses to the attack, disregarding the potential motivation that could be behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

There are some awful verses in both the Jewish and Islamic "holy" books, so I hope also that people of such religions can abandon them and denounce violence against civilians and terrorism generally.

"When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them." Qur'an 8:19

"And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman. " - 2 Chronicles 15:12-13

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast