Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to find/recognize ISTps: characteristics, style, traits, and real life observations of SLIs

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I'm not, you're wrong. That man is about as exciting as a box of rocks.
    No, he's right. If something comes up which is considered to be particularly "Delta" you tend to totally object it, just to make sure anyone sees you as Beta. Of course, you can think that the guy in the video actually is that boring. I also believe a lot of people think that. However, it seems like you just used another oppurtunity to deny any affiliation with the Delta quadra.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick, now everyone list a bunch of ILIs!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    No, he's right. If something comes up which is considered to be particularly "Delta" you tend to totally object it, just to make sure anyone sees you as Beta. Of course, you can think that the guy in the video actually is that boring. I also believe a lot of people think that. However, it seems like you just used another oppurtunity to deny any affiliation with the Delta quadra.
    I don't specifically recall doing this a lot other than to point out very obvious things like how SLI's are usually as exciting as my 90 yr old grandmother. Which is okay to do since there's a possibility than I am one but let's be honest, they're like the most boring type in the socion so I have to say something. I just call it like I see it. If that means calling delta boring whenever delta is being brought up, I mean well....hell.....that's just stating a clear fact. I like stating facts.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't specifically recall doing this a lot other than to point out very obvious things like how SLI's are usually as exciting as my 90 yr old grandmother. Which is okay to do since there's a possibility than I am one but let's be honest, they're like the most boring type in the socion so I have to say something. I just call it like I see it. If that means calling delta boring whenever delta is being brought up, I mean well....hell.....that's just stating a clear fact. I like stating facts.
    I'll be the first to admit that i'm boring and i like it that way. I'm sick of trying to pretend that i dont. Of course this is referring to what others perceive as boring (I dont necessarily see it that way).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Victor Borge
    Yeah totally. I hadn't thought of it, thanks. And his jokes are so Te-creative:

"And on the stage are two large trees, one is on this side, and one is on the other side. And that indicates a small forest. Now the tenor comes in, he is supposed to meet the soprano, but she hasn't arrived yet so he hides behind one of the trees, in order to surprise her when she comes in a little later, which she does. And when she comes in a little later, which she does, she cannot find him because he is hidden behind the tree, and she doesn't know that. Of course she knows it because she must have seen it during rehearsals, but she pretends. Either that or she is plain stupid.
    Well, she now hides behind the other tree, waiting for him, and he's there already so it is a mess. Now the chorus comes in but nobody knows why except Mozart and he's dead"

It's even funnier when he says it

http://youtu.be/KZ4ZNbiO15M

Clint Eastwood
    Last edited by Nowisthetime; 03-08-2012 at 03:41 PM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh one more, Kentaro Kobayashi. Funny guy, everybody should learn Japanese for this:

Si types/Japanese people seem to love stupid puns, but perhaps more than that they love to explain the stupid puns they make.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Why does that make me think of a penis
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like stating facts.
    Te

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not, you're wrong. That man is about as exciting as a box of rocks. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
    In the interest of cultivating mercy w/in myself, I'll let you decide whether I should publicly vivisect the nexus of your habitually vociferous reactivity to personifications of blandness.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you could just speak english.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here's why the military doesn't trust you to operate instruments more precise than a forklift.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    In the interest of cultivating mercy w/in myself, I'll let you decide whether I should publicly vivisect the nexus of your habitually vociferous reactivity to personifications of blandness.
    And here's why the military doesn't trust you to operate instruments more precise than a forklift.
    Haha! This is why I actually like to post on here.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? All the IEEs and SLIs I know are always doing something-- hiking, traveling, sports... *I'm* the one who usually doesn't have the funds or the..motivation to regularly do that stuff anymore.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FUCK YOU KORPSEY, FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

NO REALLY, FUCK YOU

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111

But again, you're wrong as usual. If you were smart and knew anything about my life, you'd know that I operate a multi-million dollar machine on a daily basis. BUT YOU'RE JUST STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NO REALLY, FUCK YOU

But again, you're wrong as usual. If you were smart and knew anything about my life, you'd know that I operate a multi-million dollar machine on a daily basis. BUT YOU'RE JUST STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111

Listen to Miyagi, jessica. Miyagi don't know what he mean. Miyagi just say.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO REALLY, FUCK YOU
    Is that because cargo loaders use exotic hardware or because the machine you're operating (no clue whether you're doing maintenance and repairs on it as well) is assembled of $3000 toilet seats?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there some reason you're being a complete dick?

Hey Korps, *NEWSFLASH* you were in the Navy so that makes you a retard too. Just because you know how to use fancy words (had you been caught using IRL, you'd never get laid again) doesn't hide the fact you probably took it up the ass on your ship full of men.

SEE I CAN BE FUNNY 2!!!!!!!!!!111

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Yeah totally. I hadn't thought of it, thanks. And his jokes are so Te-creative:

"And on the stage are two large trees, one is on this side, and one is on the other side. And that indicates a small forest. Now the tenor comes in, he is supposed to meet the soprano, but she hasn't arrived yet so he hides behind one of the trees, in order to surprise her when she comes in a little later, which she does. And when she comes in a little later, which she does, she cannot find him because he is hidden behind the tree, and she doesn't know that. Of course she knows it because she must have seen it during rehearsals, but she pretends. Either that or she is plain stupid.
    Well, she now hides behind the other tree, waiting for him, and he's there already so it is a mess. Now the chorus comes in but nobody knows why except Mozart and he's dead"

It's even funnier when he says it

http://youtu.be/KZ4ZNbiO15M

I him!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there some reason you're being a complete dick?

Hey Korps, *NEWSFLASH* you were in the Navy so that makes you a retard too. Just because you know how to use fancy words (had you been caught using IRL, you'd never get laid again) doesn't hide the fact you probably took it up the ass on your ship full of men.

SEE I CAN BE FUNNY 2!!!!!!!!!!111
    Nice try but you've still yet to provide a single example of having done anything exciting, ever. If you continue relying on emotional outbursts, projection, side-stepping, illogic, and denial to compensate for your inability to comply with a very simple request then you may as well admit to being empty-handed.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice try but you've still yet to provide a single example of having done anything exciting, ever. If you continue relying on emotional outbursts, projection, side-stepping, illogic, and denial to compensate for your inability to comply with a very simple request then you may as well admit to being empty-handed.
    You're dodging my questions too, I guess you fail to see that.

I'm not going to give examples of how I think I'm exciting, wtf is that haha. Well let's see here, I go skydiving everyday after I have sex with the hottest guy on the planet and then I put my cape on and save the world gee golly gosh. Fuck this place, why did I come back haha

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I mean not to headbutt you or something right now but I recalled something funny. Those Mortal Kombat series, that was good.

But to the point. When you uppercut your opponent in Mortal Kombat 3 there is this pic (grayscale) of a guy appearing in the bottom left screen(?) if my memory serves me right. It should read "I think you're projecting" instead of "toasty".

I'm not going to give examples of how I think I'm exciting, wtf is that haha. Well let's see here, I go skydiving everyday after I have sex with the hottest guy on the planet and then I put my cape on and save the world gee golly gosh. Fuck this place, why did I come back haha
    Oh calm down, have a, hmm, lager. Nothing to get so uptight about.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer does sound good. If only I could go to work drunk. And if only I had a new liver. If only.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You asked exactly one question: "Is there some reason you're being a complete dick?" The answer is yes, to goad you into revealing identifiable patterns of thinking that are normally occluded by your bland persona. Other than that you've just been flailing around and projecting your own insecurities. Since those are your problems there's nothing in them for me to dodge, though they've been useful in identifying you as a 6 sp/sx.

I'm not going to give examples of how I think I'm exciting
    Then you can't, because there are none. Nice attempt at saving face with sarcasm, but it's Dull Delta for you. SLI all the way, baybeeeeee. Now link Pthlthpfpthph to your videos for his IEE friend.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You asked exactly one question: "Is there some reason you're being a complete dick?" The answer is yes, to goad you into revealing identifiable patterns of thinking that are normally occluded by your bland persona. Other than that you've just been flailing around and projecting your own insecurities. Since those are your problems there's nothing in them for me to dodge, though they've been useful in identifying you as a 6 sp/sx.

Then you can't, because there are none. Nice attempt at saving face with sarcasm, but it's Dull Delta for you. SLI all the way, baybeeeeee. Now link Pthlthpfpthph to your videos for his IEE friend.
    When did I ever claim to be exciting? I think I'm boring as hell and I feel bad for ppl who have to hang out with me HAHA but that's not the point here, the point is that the video YOU posted, was about as exciting as watching paint dry. I dunno why you're attacking me, I actually kinda liked you but now you just seem intent on being "right". Well congrats, we're both social losers for arguing on the internet. I'm not trying to prove I'm beta..I don't even think I am beta or delta anymore so you're basically wrong.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Park; 03-10-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did I ever claim to be exciting? I think I'm boring as hell and I feel bad for ppl who have to hang out with me HAHA but that's not the point here, the point is that the video YOU posted, was about as exciting as watching paint dry. I dunno why you're attacking me, I actually kinda liked you but now you just seem intent on being "right". Well congrats, we're both social losers for arguing on the internet. I'm not trying to prove I'm beta..I don't even think I am beta or delta anymore so you're basically wrong.
    Jorge asked for "good SLI videos", not mind-blowing ones that make us all want to alter our lives and emulate amazing people. I don't expect anyone but a carpenter, a furniture-fucker, or someone asking for SLI examples to take interest in Offerman's videos. Yet you leapt up as usual to begin screaming "BORING BORING BORING" without any good reason but your own desire to distance yourself from what you regard as an unflattering sociotype. This irrational and unsolicited reaction has become a habit with you, and a very telling one. You lack the incandescence for Beta, you're certainly no Alpha, and you're way too Si for Gamma. So settle into SLI, make it interesting on your own terms instead of allowing yourself to be defined by dullness, tell MtDew to get the fuck out of your quadra, and chill out.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said before, I call it like I see it. If that bothers you, put me on ignore because I'm not stopping it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said before, I call it like I see it. If that bothers you, put me on ignore because I'm not stopping it.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may seem weird to some, but I love watching this guy play his guitar.
    Yeah he's significantly older than me, and totally out of shape, but the level of finger dexterity, practice, concentration, and focus on the technique rather than the audience...all combined gives me a boner.

And i hate that i cant see videos on the forum.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To seek confirmation about who you consider yourself to be, which you never got?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    all combined gives me a boner.
    Girls can get boners?

Some real guitar playing by a potential SLI (possible Ti-EP):

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Girls can get boners?

Well, the equivalent of a female boner

I couldn't watch that video all the way through. (sokay, i doubt the one i gave would get watched by others more than a couple of seconds, heh)

Part of it is cuz i don't particularly care for jazz like that.
    The other part is cuz the guy was having to do a performance, and the music didn't seem...personalized...to himself. This may differ when he plays at home alone, though, I dunno.

Ty for sharing with me, though.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    This may seem weird to some, but I love watching this guy play his guitar.
    Yeah he's significantly older than me, and totally out of shape, but the level of finger dexterity, practice, concentration, and focus on the technique rather than the audience...all combined gives me a boner.

And i hate that i cant see videos on the forum.
    love that song too!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he did the same thing to me. I liked him a lot and then out of nowhere he just started making all these personal attacks.
    Dont take it personally, he's just a little nuts I suspect. He just needs a little pity and empathy.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grace Perry of Landmine Marathon is Te-ISTp.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apparently there is some consensus on this guy being SLI from my Joshua Bowman type thread:

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Girls can get boners?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZstESFO3ag0

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    apparently there is some consensus on this guy being SLI from my Joshua Bowman type thread:

Hawt. His mannerisms remind me a lot of myself. OH DAMN

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hawt. His mannerisms remind me a lot of myself. OH DAMN
    Yeah I figured it was about time to change the trend in this thread of posting the homeliest SLI's

You, Jessica129 are a clone of Jessica Seinfeld (from what i recall of your video), incidentally another SLI for this thread. I just watched this video of her yesterday, and I kept thinking "who does she remind me of??? i know someone like that!!" when it hit me. JESSICA129 from t16t!!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've actually gotten the Jessica Seifeld thing before haha

and now I'm hungry

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast