Thread: Do INTjs look similar to INFjs?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do INTjs look similar to INFjs?

I'm asking because I'm an INTj and my crush is an INFj and I notice some similarities perhaps they're imagined, and I thought it was implied in the intertype term "look a like" that they were also similar in looks as well as personality...?
    i heard a biological theory that people get attracted to people that look similar to themselves or their family members. and since i can't reach out to her now, since she's busy with her studies and im busy with my studies and i dont have income yet and in islam men are supposed to be the breadwinners (though ladies can work too, but men have to) and she lives far away i cant find out from her.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm asking because I'm an INTj and my crush is an INFj and I notice some similarities perhaps they're imagined
    3 shared dichotomies - the types are similar. In addition to these types, mirrors are also similar.
    your question is rather self-explanatory for a T type. you're more of an F

I thought it was implied in the intertype term "look a like" that they were also similar in looks as well as personality...?
    non-verbal behavior is more primary than appearance/style. ''biological'' appearance is unlikely to have much to do with types.
    but appearance in the sense of style has some correlation with types. intuitives, especially Ni, are thinner than S on average. S, F, J types care more about looking neat. Fe style can be more flashy and provocative. Introverts and logicians may more often prefer the 'anonymous' look. Si valuing types are less likely to get tattoos/stylistic implants/modifications. etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I notice some similarities
    The said types have similar traits: same 2nd function, 3 dichotomies. It's among 5 close types.

Your type is doubtful to be LII and of your "crush" can be other type than you think.
    That types are close is possibly, as to be short-time sexually attracted the requirements are lesser. IR more influence for abbility to establish emotionally good pair for long (>3 years) and for the degree of friendship in a pair.

> i heard a biological theory that people get attracted to people that look similar to themselves

Attracted to similar in something and to different in other.
    The same approach is for psyche traits on the example in Jung types: to similar valued functions, and when this exists - then more attraction is to having different strong functions, but not similar. Conflictors of opposite sex, which are also different in functions strenght can be perceived as attractive too, at least sexually (have no idea how common this is, - they look very feminin for me).
    For cooperation to be useful you need: 1) the abbility for connection, hence something to be similar as views and aims, 2) the abbility to give a help, hence preferably to have as strong where other one is weak.
    For "biology" of genes to make better children you need: 1) to have a similarity with good traits in you, 2) to have a difference to bad/worse traits in you. The idea of sexes to appear was to change initial approach of creating of almost identical children to much higher variety, what have allowed to have many genes variants and so to adopt quicker to wider and newer conditions. But also is kept similarity condition as you born children only with your "kind" and not with any living being. Also exists higher attraction to people similar to your "race", ethnicity and up to relatives on some generation distance (I saw a hypothesis that since second cousins distance appears high attraction), what is partly genetically programed and partly can be goten from an experience.
    On psyche level redundant attraction to similarity can be related to infantilism, narcissism and homosexualism. While on biology level redudant attraction to similarity would lead to problems of inbreeding.

TIM
    SEI-H
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Similar stance kind of

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both of them have Ni-demonstrative, which is not hard to observe.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I sort of doubt misfit being LII.

Anyway, there is the temperament issue at the first glance and the poking narrative on the time traveling position at the second glance in case they have ventured towards the intuition domain which in some cases is not so clear.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If each person doesn't have a strong ego, yeah sure, why couldn't they appear like each other? And even get along pretty well.
    The sound of the bells are unusually loud today...

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No! LII is the type of logic while EII is the type of reverse logic.

Neil Cicierega is LII while Toby Fox is EII.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet