Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Right brain/Left Brain

It's a very real thing, even if some some people are trying to get attention/wealth promoting that it is not. I think this comes from some left-brained people for whom it is not enough to say we right-brained are not as important as them; now they are upping the ante saying we don't even exist! Perhaps like Christians, Trump supporters and anti-maskers, they are going to say that right-brainers SHOULDN'T exist.

@Elena Benjamin, I know you are right-brained by some of the questions you've asked on the forum, for the sake of conversation, so, you might find some of this clip interesting (7 minutes):
    https://rumble.com/v37wi53-johnny-en...y-31-2023.html

P.S. Lots of workshops and meetings for me so I will return to misc. conversations in a bit.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh I was told that was based on myths and junk/psuedoscience. But not entirely sure.

I enjoy being creative and making things and I'm left-handed/supposedly "right-brained" myself but then I learned in school it was more of a pop-culture myth. But the stereotype always fit me in a sense that I always enjoyed being creative rather than str8 manishly being 'you're doing that wrong logically' to others. But I still sense when people are being too emotional/not logical about things but its more of a vague sensation rather than a surgical knife.

Trump is just manipulating you - not that you shouldn't exist lol.

Also I don't feel sorry for you or this whine. Respectfully, I refuse to be manipulated by fake sky daddies. ((real daddies from West Hollywood are a different story honh honh)) For millennia "Christians" have tried to say that gay people don't exist or that we shouldn't be gay and should be str8 instead even though we enjoy sucking other men's dicks and knew we were gay from a young age - so please stop playing victim. If u don't want to feel erased, stop trying to erase others that don't share the same beliefs as you.

It also seems more attention seeking being like 'Oooh I'm so special and a snowflake as a right-brained person' rather than pointing out that it's based on a myth and faulty science, wouldn't you say? Sounds like you are projecting and you are the one that wants attention.

Look Gaslightza, I'll give you positive attention for being a Christian and jump up and down with you about it like an idiot (because I'm a people pleasing emotional type) but only if u also do the same thing with me about me being gay, because I'm also a self-absorbed bitch.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a terrible post. ^

And let's drive everyone away.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow

Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Left brain/ right brain is not based on pseudoscience, though alot of outdated science is based on the idea of left/right brain (for example the idea left-handed people are right-brained and right-handed people are left-brained).
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The forum being a synchronicity machine for my irl, again.

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left brain vs right brain seems like a whole intuitive guess based off of the understanding that our brains do have regions that are in charge of more specific tasks, however it's more of a hypothesis being twisted into a myth or an excuse to talk more about oneself

Either way, it seems to be a figure of speech than anything, but I get how people can get all pissy and shits over this, especially since believing in something without concrete evidence can be outlandish.

"The right-brain/left brain myth?

So, is the idea of "thinking with the left side of your brain" a myth? Maybe. But, the lack of proof does not prove the opposite. For people living thousands of years ago, an inability to prove the earth was round did not prove the earth was flat!

But, the evidence discounting the left/right brain concept is accumulating. According to a 2013 study from the University of Utah, brain scans demonstrate that activity is similar on both sides of the brain regardless of one's personality.

They looked at the brain scans of more than 1,000 young people between the ages of 7 and 29 and divided different areas of the brain into 7,000 regions to determine whether one side of the brain was more active or connected than the other side. No evidence of "sidedness" was found. The authors concluded that the notion of some people being more left-brained or right-brained is more a figure of speech than an anatomically accurate description.

On the other hand, researchers continue to study brain laterality – that is, which parts (and sides) of the brain are dominant when considering different brain functions such as language skills or facial recognition."
    (Author is Robert H. Shmerling, MD, Senior Faculty Editor, Harvard Health Publishing, Harvard Health Publishing)

Also take into consideration that there isn't really any concrete evidence on dominance traits(in that one side of a brain controls more of the decision-making, etc).

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is true

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing is certain is that intuitive types start at a different place and work it the other way, or reverse way in processing.

You get ideas to facts vs facts ----> to one idea.

Feeling types think with pictures and thinking is being schematically spatial. Everyone does both so i suspect it is in a loop, and F or T is where you start at in the cycle.

Static is sequential and still, and dynamic is immersion and moving inside it as a first person pov.

There's more, but:

Somewhere in here there is a preference for these systems via anatomy and it might be right or left in starting points, and making it circle back in a complete loop.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People usually describe left vs. right brain as linear vs. parallel thinking. A better way to describe it I think is as static vs dynamic thinking.
    The assumption of the left brain is that it starts with the broadest viewpoint. The way the world works is known and established, and this is the basis of its perceptual framework. It already knows what to look for and how to interpret it. From there it can logically deduce conclusions. And it can know exactly how the information fits in with what else it knows, knows how it feels about the information, whether it wants to accept the information or discard it, etc.. It's about the process of integrating information. The left brain is prone to rational idealism. The main pitfall of this kind of thinking is being stuck in a limited viewpoint.
    The right brain is ultimately alot more practical. It's also more based on the individuals own viewpoint and applying that. The right brain wants to be free and open... it already knows how it feels about things, but it wants to find a way for the individual to express itself and to effects its surroundings. It's more creative in this sense... it's also more engaged and dynamic. But it is less concerned with coherence, and much more tolerant of uncertainty. It's reaching toward a new viewpoint, the broadest viewpoint, seeking out the ultimate unknown. It's also more concerned with the real social implications of ideas, also wants to know what the point of something is in a practical sense. In all things it is just more dynamic and practical.
    The pitfall of this type of thinking is incoherence, and self-centeredness as its ideals are rooted in and justified by the self. Basically it takes for granted the left-brain functions.
    Static functions - Se / Ti / Ne / Fi
    Dynamic functions - Ni / Fe / Si / Te
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 09-03-2023 at 09:15 PM.