1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    I'd like to change my vote.

It has come to my attention that this fellow we have come to know as "Gilligan" (a subtle play on the old television show Gilligan's Island, no doubt) is actually a warrior from outer space, who (after participating in a faraway battle of galactic proportions) took damage to his ship's gaussian hyperthrusters and was forced to make an emergency landing on Earth. Stranded, he was forced to scour the Earth for lodestones and duct tape to repair his ship's propulsion system. However, at some point he came across human civilization and the internet. Since the rest of the galaxy actually had never invented such a thing, he became fascinated. And so he learned English and discovered Socionics and then this forum. (These aliens have accelerated learning curves, which perhaps explains their lack of the internet - they haven't yet needed one.)

I believe he doesn't have a type, because one of this alien race's abilities is the power to transform one's personality by snapping one's fingers four times. Hence, he is all types and none at once.

Also, he can shapeshift.
    Actually, this description might not be that far fetched, if you are making reference to Calvin and Hobbes that is.
    So I'm INFp now, eh? :wink: Been there, done that.
    Why INFP?
    Calvin(or was that hobbes) has been typed as INFp.
    Can't remember where I read that though.
    O, Gilligan looks INFp to me though.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hobbes is INFP I think, but the comic, in my opinion, is the type that you are (in my opinion)
    o_o

Erm...........

k, I'm stumped. I give up.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hobbes is INFP I think, but the comic, in my opinion, is the type that you are (in my opinion)
    o_o

Erm...........

I mean that Hobbes as a character is INFP, but I think the author of the comic has the same type as you. As to what that type is, I can't tell you now, but its' INFP
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bill Watterson Quotes

o_o

Erm...........

I mean that Hobbes as a character is INFP, but I think the author of the comic has the same type as you. As to what that type is, I can't tell you now, but its' INFP
    From WikiQuote, Bill Watterson:

"So, what's it like in the real world? Well, the food is better, but beyond that, I don't recommend it."

"If you ever want to find out just how uninteresting you really are, get a job where the quality and frequency of your thoughts determine your livelihood. I've found that the only way I can keep writing every day, year after year, is to let my mind wander into new territories. To do that, I've had to cultivate a kind of mental playfulness."

"We're not really taught how to recreate constructively. We need to do more than find diversions; we need to restore and expand ourselves. Our idea of relaxing is all too often to plop down in front of the television set and let its pandering idiocy liquefy our brains. Shutting off the thought process is not rejuvenating; the mind is like a car battery— it recharges by running."

"Selling out is usually more a matter of buying in. Sell out, and you're really buying into someone else's system of values, rules and rewards."

"Such is American business, I guess, where the desire for obscene profit mutes any discussion of conscience."

"Creating a life that reflects your values and satisfies your soul is a rare achievement. In a culture that relentlessly promotes avarice and excess as the good life, a person happy doing his own work is usually considered an eccentric, if not a subversive. Ambition is only understood if it's to rise to the top of some imaginary ladder of success. Someone who takes an undemanding job because it affords him the time to pursue other interests and activities is considered a flake. A person who abandons a career in order to stay home and raise children is considered not to be living up to his potential-as if a job title and salary are the sole measure of human worth. You'll be told in a hundred ways, some subtle and some not, to keep climbing, and never be satisfied with where you are, who you are, and what you're doing. There are a million ways to sell yourself out, and I guarantee you'll hear about them."

(All from some college address thing it looks like)

For what it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds (and looks) like an ENFp to me:

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Umm, I'm still not convinced that Gilligan's ENFp. > <
    He doesn't come across as ENFp from his posts.
    I dunno... I didnt vote. > <
    I agree (there are some exceptions, like the ones I quoted), but that is just because he wants to fit in with the smart alpha crowd around here. And sometimes his Se goes overboard in terms of acting like an out-of-control fratboy. That is when he wants to belong to the cool beta gang. But at his most natural, I would say he is NeFi.

I interpret it as young Ne running around until it finds the hippies it truly belongs to.

Anyone going to make a case for ENTp or *gasp* ENFj?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever odd, Frankenstein-esque combination of letters you end up coming out as, Gilly, you'll always be ENTp to me because that is the fused association of you in my brain.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Umm, I'm still not convinced that Gilligan's ENFp. > <
    He doesn't come across as ENFp from his posts.
    I dunno... I didnt vote. > <
    I agree (there are some exceptions, like the ones I quoted), but that is just because he wants to fit in with the smart alpha crowd around here. And sometimes his Se goes overboard in terms of acting like an out-of-control fratboy. That is when he wants to belong to the cool beta gang. But at his most natural, I would say he is NeFi.

I interpret it as young Ne running around until it finds the hippies it truly belongs to.
    I love you for being able to say this in a completely non-threatening, yet straightforward way Perhaps some day I'll have that much Fi

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love you for being able to say this in a completely non-threatening, yet straightforward way Perhaps some day I'll have that much Fi
    But you do!! You just have to embrace it and rid yourself of the tyranny of an alpha past! Overcome the denial of a gentle soul that lingers modestly! Delta needs you!
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Alpha past? My past is nothing if not Delta; my family consists of two INFjs, an ENFp, and an ESTj (not to mention that 2 of my 4 grandparents were Delta ST, one of each). As far as having a gentle soul, well, I'll never be able to deny that in front of you But that, by no means, entails my being an (or ) Ego type.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An Alpha past? My past is nothing if not Delta; my family consists of two INFjs, an ENFp, and an ESTj (not to mention that 2 of my 4 grandparents were Delta ST, one of each). As far as having a gentle soul, well, I'll never be able to deny that in front of you But that, by no means, entails my being an (or ) Ego type.
    The troubled past of you believing that you are alpha. Perhaps the gentle soul does not make you a type, but I have yet to see a good explanation for the blatant display of talents in someone who supposedly has an PoLR. And sorry, a delta family is not cutting it.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understanding the dynamics of a relationship when it's spelled out in writing is a much more analytical thought process than judging the quality/nature of a relationship in real-time, IMO. I'm just not sure that I really DO do things that indicate strong .

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Understanding the dynamics of a relationship when it's spelled out in writing is a much more analytical thought process than judging the quality/nature of a relationship in real-time, IMO. I'm just not sure that I really DO do things that indicate strong .

Wow, you ARE in denial....
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you ARE in denial....
    What makes you say that? I see no qualifiers for denial in that post, other than rationalization, and it's all well-attributed, IMO.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Understanding the dynamics of a relationship when it's spelled out in writing is a much more analytical thought process than judging the quality/nature of a relationship in real-time, IMO.
    Why would that be? Either case involves the same progression of assessment and analysis.

See, I don't judge out of thin air and your "analysis" of relationships seems very Fi-driven in terms of intuitively assessing them. You have a "feel" for people and relationships and you have said so yourself. The analysis follows when you throw the Ne into the mix to create the bigger/more detailed picture.

PS: And also, you react emotionally when people attack you. You lose your sense of how they relate to you and why - NeFi going paranoid. You can only pick up the analysis again when you can get past the emotional turmoil. Correct me if I am wrong.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see reacting emotionally as being a property of any socionics function. That's more about general insecurity and anxiety about how I am perceived by others. This isn't type related, IMO.

However, in general, I tend to think about others' perceptions of me within the context of how it affects my relationship with them (how they "feel" about me, and how that affects my interaction with them), as opposed to their overall "opinion" of me (what they "know" about me and what that which they know implies), which, to me, sounds like (if anything) Se blocked with Fi, and paranoid, which would indicate Alpha NT.

But maybe you see it differently. I'm willing to consider another perspective, if you can put it in equivalent terms.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NeFi going paranoid.
    This would make me ESTp

Under cerulean skies...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123