Thread: Destiny

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Destiny

Do you believe in destiny? What is yours?

Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the final messiah.

TIM
    ILI-Ni-H 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My destiny is to make a lot of money so I can travel to a different country and sleep all day there.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I believe in determinism, which means that I should also believe in destiny.

However, in practice, I don't think determinism is falsifiable, or at least, I wouldn't want to live as though I had no agency.

I try to live my life in the moment, and desire to do what is best for my future. I can't predict what my life will be like in 5 years, nevermind 50, but most likely, my life in 5 years time will be somewhat similar to my life 5 years previously.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a test from when I was 16- it tells you what careers you should try and describes your personality a little. It was a test you paid for/ through school. The personality description still fits well today..the career choices were a mix, but close ish to what I want to do. Like not that close but related. After the test I chose my a level subjects (what you study here aged 16-18). Based on those choices I think my destiny was already set..for what job I would end up doing. So even with 17 years of chaotic badly covered up anxiety and low mood/ some depression- I still think I’m made for a particular job- I mean we’ll see but it’s sort of like, well what else. Maybe I’m lucky I figured this out, and overcame some of my issues, maybe it could have taken a lot longer.

(edited)
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 05-25-2023 at 09:56 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are two kinds of destiny, the personal destiny and the unconscious destiny

Our lives follow the unconscious so that will then be our destiny. Some people will for example die from drugs and alchohol because the unconscious cravings were not dealt with properly. Or any other unsolved issuses will in the course of a lifetime become our destiny. For some people normality will be the destiny, because they identified too much with it and never dealt with it. Or isolation can be the destiny for others. You don't have your own path, but the unconscious decides for you. This is the kind of destiny described in Greek tragedies, like King Oedipus.

Then there is the personal destiny. That's when life is dealt with properly so that the unconscious doesn't take over. It's balancing things, dealing with stuff and suffering, making your own, personal path through life. This is described symbolically in the life of Christ (or so I've understood).
    Last edited by Tallmo; 05-27-2023 at 07:50 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Determinism is common idea for non-living objects.
    Where is the border? If our wishes are predefined then living ones are same.

There is idea about moving to the past time. People of past are always thought as predefined, where only external changes may change their behavior. Is it changed in those people in later time?

On rational level of our thoughts and wishes - there is no destiny. We choose actions and hence may change results. Though, mb it's an illusion.
    The kind of destiny possible on rational level - are tendencies, including known rules/dependencies. If it's a day, - then after some hours a night will come.
    Also may be supposed to exist rules/tendencies which we can't process by common rational approach. We may get them from unconscious impressions and to feel them in the future. It's alike to know what will be on the current chosen route. It's possibly to know this from other people, or our unconsiousness could remember more data or to get the opinion by an analysing. It's not obligately true destiny as supposes we move there by the chosen route, but may step on other route and hence come to other result.
    It's where magics approach is used. Where to believe/to feel in some result to happen influences on the possibility to come there. What on rational level may be explained that our unconsciousness gets the task and becomes tuned to help to that result.
    For example, let's allow to exist a telepathy - an abbility to feel other people and to influence on their mind contents without good conscious control, without known physical principles still. This function may work uncosciously when such task is goten. Then the possibility of events with telepathy explanation should to arise. Alike we may want to meet with some people, mb to feel a meeting to happen soon - and then such meeting happens beyond accidental probability. Happens not a single time, with different people meaningful for you. It's my experience. Relatives accidentally met in Moscow who live and work near that city, not even inside that city. A woman who I wanted to see an additional time. By telepathy or other the imagination method worked, and unconsciousnees itself could to decide and to help be for what can be important for me.
    There is more known experiment of Freud with post-hypnotic behavior. The principle is similar. Unconsciousness gets a task and leads us to that to happen. Where consciousness don't know what happens, - a human just does the needed and secondary explains that by something. This Freud experiment also points that our wishes can be controlled externally, and hence "free will" is an illusion, at least and objectively partly.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

-- Lao-Tze

One of my favorites.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a destiny.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Most people want to hear their destiny until they hear their destiny!

To get a destiny you really want you must first accept your most grimdark fate and then turn it around via better choices and proper Id integration. And make peace with Malkuth. It's human nature to get defensive and hostile when people point out your inner Malkuth, or when bad people try to influence it/trigger it- but all of this helps make your destiny shiny and glorious.

Something in the middle is something a lot of people settle on, so they just become weeds in the garden or 'Karens' or just naturally part of nature but aren't really useful for much of anything. Their destiny is to basically be a pawn, and they try to cope with that. Truth it is a better fate than a lot of people get but...

I think the more we see our multifaceted-ness the less interesting the concept of destiny becomes. At least the traditional linear understanding of it. I haven't watched Everything Everywhere All at Once

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    I think the more we see our multifaceted-ness the less interesting the concept of destiny becomes. At least the traditional linear understanding of it. I haven't watched Everything Everywhere All at Once
    Maybe you're fated to be reflective.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I believe in determinism, which means that I should also believe in destiny.

However, in practice, I don't think determinism is falsifiable, or at least, I wouldn't want to live as though I had no agency.

I try to live my life in the moment, and desire to do what is best for my future. I can't predict what my life will be like in 5 years, nevermind 50, but most likely, my life in 5 years time will be somewhat similar to my life 5 years previously.
    Determinism doesn’t give any practical value. Even if it’s true, you still don’t know for sure what would happen next because you’re not all-knowing - so the world itself is still very chaotic to you, and you would still make choices base on your limited informations.

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Maybe you're fated to be reflective.
    to me reflection sounds like a euphemism i.e. closer to 'thinking' and I don't think I ever do any (serious) thinking

TIM
    SCS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a mind fuck type of question. Thinking about it, I think there is destiny of action, basically being a deadbeat loser who never made an effort to win the game, a try hard that died or gave up before they could have won, and winners of their goals.

But, I don't believe in destiny, soulmates, twin flames, or whatever. But that doesn't mean I don't have an intense desire to fight for a cause to work towards, or play part in some sort of fate I am unaware of.

I have to be shown how and why it's possible, I'm not being stuck up, but for now I don't believe in destiny.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post
    Determinism doesn’t give any practical value. Even if it’s true, you still don’t know for sure what would happen next because you’re not all-knowing - so the world itself is still very chaotic to you, and you would still make choices base on your limited informations.
    I go through the process of making "choices" on a day-to-day basis, but that isn't contrary to everything being determined.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fractals View Post
    My destiny is to make a lot of money so I can travel to a different country and sleep all day there.
    What's the point of traveling to another country if all you'll do is sleeping? ecxperiencing different temperature ?
    Last edited by Squirrel; 06-14-2023 at 10:11 PM.

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe in destiny. No idea what mine is though.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's what the demiurge has chosen for us (this is called "the program), there's what you personally want, and there's what God wants. Most likely what God wants is what most aligns with what you truly need, but you might not agree with it (at least preemptively, you might agree with it later). So there are different "destinies" and all of them supposedly can happen, since you have freedom of choice. That doesn't preclude the fact that perhaps you have already chosen, and you're only here to see how your choices play out. And the Absolute already knows the result... So this is basically all a very elaborate play, just as long as you follow the script. Ignore the script (for which you must be aware of its existence) and then something interesting might happen.
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe in what I know and what I feel intuitively. Destiny exists to a certain degree, but I do not believe in it entirely. Ngl though, I think I was destined to be cool & sexy

Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk really but I guess "Destiny" is just something that you intuitively feel. If so, then I think if God speaks to me I bet he would say that it doesn't matter if I become a multi-millionaire or live like a hobo in the woods or maybe live blandly like I do right now. When I was younger we had this Bible with an image of God welcoming the lost sheep. It was really cute. I could really imagine myself as one of the sheep. In general I don't visualize an evil God. In my head I'm a beloved child. Which is fun because I realize I don't have to do anything. I just have to take up space and graze and do whatever. What does a sheep like me know anyway? He's the shepherd so He should be the one taking care of me. This is very 'Catholicized' because I'm born in a very Catholic area but to be fair He has never hit me or razed my city yet despite using tarot cards or not labelling myself as Catholic anymore in my documents.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Sagacious Relianum View Post
    I believe in destiny. No idea what mine is though.
    This one's way is a bladed snow farm with a rabbit picturing jubilant crosshairs of a student and a dinosaur.
    RaptorWizard won every time as Kangaskhan with Realgam Tower in 2006 Italy traveling all the way to Real Madrid 2022 as Arceus and a Lugia emblem, defeating GreenFairy in the process of building in 2013 and establishing Rayquaza as the Great Dragon Mind creating the world as well as constructing Star Maps to the Star Forge and Spire with Wes in Pokémon Colosseum programming the Net to Bayern vs Real Madrid, rampaging glories of science and stallion ghost size and penetration touring foolish flower dinner table pinch torrents and harbors of coastline secrets of love charm and will. Raptor is joined by Bunny, Marius, and Rainbows the Octopus aka Amy Despain!!
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Christ is the Truth
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1