Thread: I think I’m EIE but I don’t like conflict? Am I another type?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I think I’m EIE but I don’t like conflict? Am I another type?

When it’s someone I’m close with conflict is fine. But when it’s a group i’m in charge of, I hate conflict. It makes me feel uncomfortable, I feel the need to diffuse it, and it feels like my group is falling apart.

With friends and family conflict is fine. I can even feel energised by arguments as they give me an adrenaline rush. I’m not one to detach.

But I hate it when it’s a group I’m leading. It feels like all eyes are on me when there’s conflict even if the conflict isn’t to do with me. I’m always the one to say “everyone just make up and get over it”

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fe=group peace
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m never in a group as an EII so I don’t ever have to deal with conflict lol
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I’m never in a group as an EII so I don’t ever have to deal with conflict lol
    I usually end conflict that I am not a part of. If I am heavily involved, I just try to end it as fast as possible, even if some force is needed depending on the situation. Usually I want to maintain my environment, sometimes conflict can get worse in the future if there isn't early intervention. I should really stop butting into peoples business though. If I am nosy with the wrong people, anything bad could happen.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe types do not really enjoy conflict, it leaves them feeling out of control of the emotional environment. theres a reason you can't have Fe and Se in the same block. theres no reason you couldnt be a conflict averse EIE. your other comment saying you "force" ppl out of conflict is also suggesting valued Se, but not in the ego. Another sign towards EIE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In the said is nothing significant against ENFJ.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There exists several sorts of perceived conflict.
    So what EIEs (and ESEs) do is that they give lots of emotional pressure which can be a lot to handle (not that they themselves notice it).

This description seems to be too vague. I sort of see this as antithetical Ej. Diffusing charged situations is not their cup of tea as they are more likely to put more fuel to fire. Otherwise, I do not see them wanting interpersonal conflict which seems to be irrational way of releasing something.

Take H_itler for example. Provoker of the grandest kind but likely very peaceful person if you could meet him.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will create conflict to diffuse situations long-term, but I don’t actively seek out conflict without some end-goal in sight. Underlying friction is very unnerving so it’s better to quell it (high probability of resolution) or walk away (low probability of resolution).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE H View Post
    I will create conflict to diffuse situations long-term, but I don’t actively seek out conflict without some end-goal in sight. Underlying friction is very unnerving so it’s better to quell it (high probability of resolution) or walk away (low probability of resolution).
    This
    And I have a story
    The EIE at work was very dissatisfied about her direct supervisor’s ability to do her job so she make a big stink and stir to upper management. She would purposely ignore doing the job the way she was expecting. This is only less than a year of employment lol

I would just keep my head down and do the best I can every day
    -

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
    When it’s someone I’m close with conflict is fine. But when it’s a group i’m in charge of, I hate conflict. It makes me feel uncomfortable, I feel the need to diffuse it, and it feels like my group is falling apart.

With friends and family conflict is fine. I can even feel energised by arguments as they give me an adrenaline rush. I’m not one to detach.

But I hate it when it’s a group I’m leading. It feels like all eyes are on me when there’s conflict even if the conflict isn’t to do with me. I’m always the one to say “everyone just make up and get over it”
    I'm not sure if EIEs prefer conflict I don't think that's type related. Fe types seek harmony within group settings more so with Fe + Si types. They actually act as a mediator in a lot of ways providing comfort to both opposing sides in a group. With EIEs they would provide mentorship or different ideas so the group can work together.(Ni)
    Last edited by Amoeba; 05-01-2023 at 07:00 PM.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This
    And I have a story
    The EIE at work was very dissatisfied about her direct supervisor’s ability to do her job so she make a big stink and stir to upper management. She would purposely ignore doing the job the way she was expecting. This is only less than a year of employment lol

You agreed with OP that Fe=group peace and now this. Lol. However, i also did this a lot, used my personal incentive to create scandals so it would be taken to upper management and get a real resolution instead of a cover up.

Im sure EIE prefer conflict in the open. Let it all out and get this over with is more suited for beta. Unresolved conflict underneath is more of a group harmony disruptor than open conflict in anyway. Fe egos not retarded they will see the tension and tried to resolve it not ignore/cover up. Maybe SLE and ILE will try to ignore as it creates unsufficiency feeling in HA.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idol View Post
    You agreed with OP that Fe=group peace and now this. Lol. However, i also did this a lot, used my personal incentive to create scandals so it would be taken to upper management and get a real resolution instead of a cover up.

Im sure EIE prefer conflict in the open. Let it all out and get this over with is more suited for beta. Unresolved conflict underneath is more of a group harmony disruptor than open conflict in anyway. Fe egos not retarded they will see the tension and tried to resolve it not ignore/cover up. Maybe SLE and ILE will try to ignore as it creates unsufficiency feeling in HA.
    He he. Harmony and peace are probably not the "beta" words in the present moment. Let's delve a bit deeper.
    EIEs can be like world peace and stuff but mainly because they are so stirred up by the conflict of the present moment. World peace = group peace? National peace = group peace? Eh... A peace can be a goal.

So, yes they do not really like conflict but they may seek peace via conflict because they can just see a conflict. I hope this makes sense.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This
    And I have a story

I have had an EIE professor intentionally stir up conflict to get something resolved/done quickly (it worked lol). Interesting to observe. In my view, he was (understandably) frustrated at the situation but was seemingly… rude in an unwarranted way and it also seemed quite strategic/intentional. The matter was escalated and then got resolved.

some of that “exaggeration” or hyperbolism that socionics attributes to Fe I believe?

it’s a little hard for me to get this from an internal psychological perspective… and I typically assume people are not exaggerating but in his case it was quite conscious and intentional and with an aim in mind… so I could spot that I guess

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raw truth about my view of EIE [Fe- + Ne+/Ni-] : Ethics Dramatic Emotions, Virtuosi of emotions they will successfully make you feel whatever they want you to feel (re-read this four times please). Most of the time they'll inspire you with emotions to the point of saturation so that you express your true self. The "enemy" of the EIE is people's persona they want you to remove that mask, to reveal your condition of mere human being, to show your ugliness. They are masters of eloquence in all forms (speech, writing and "play" (acting)) and are usually great orators. They see people not as individuals but as masses (groups) they have however a keen eye for mavericks and people who are resistant to group behavior of which they are often the instigators. Note that they are often very charismatic and "in control" and crafty so to speak. They also usually have a great sense of humour (if they are in the mood and want to make you laugh they will be very successful !).

Real life is a play of which the world is a stage. EIE has always the main role, each situation is a scene of which the EIE is both the director and the main actor. They will attribute a role to you in their play, they see your potential. They'll judge you ; are you (or about to be) someone or just a nobody in the grand chessboard of life ? They are prone to distinguish people like that, very aristocratic in every sense of the word. Some EIEs behave like a King or a Queen around whom a constellation of courtisants revolve like planets around the sun. They are always surrounded by minions, creating and controlling large communities of people. However they have only few real friends if any. They are indeed often prone to loneliness behind the curtain when out of the spotlights.

EIE are more often than not intellectuals, they are very interested in people's intellect too. They'll often put you in a political/ philosophical box (prone to "istism" and "isism" (i.e. you're an ...ist / you believe in ...ism/ you're an [x Philosopher/thinker ]ian). They'll use you, they'll push you, they'll love you but always with tremendous passion.

Some other possible traits : Borderline-ish. Extragerations for dramatic effects. Use tragedy to get what they want. Fake it till you make it. Power of conviction. High energy.

Some fictional characters : Thulsa Doom (Conan the barbarian). Hannibal Lecter. Freeza (Dragon Ball Z). Darth Sidious/ Sheev Palpatine. Robert Patrick Modell / aka Pusher (The X-files).

Sorry for the dark-side oriented picture but I felt like an edulcorated descriptions would be pointless. We are talking about a "larger than life" type after all.

If you don't relate to any of the above then you're not a carrier of that sociotype, period. Note that although subtypes differ in demeanor they are substantially the same.
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post

I don't think any of this contradicts EIE but of course I don't know your type, either.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idol View Post

Well they generally don’t want to make a stir unless they want to fix something in the system.
    Also I’ve noticed that to Fe types it makes them upset when someone in the family creates fractures in the family where Fe the group is disrupted
    -

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is EIE and the other 15 types are māyā.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At home in casual array, there is no need to control, the control is the natural bond, there is nothing to lose there, but in those secular scenarios you expect results and put in that effort.

EJ types are results driven.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow