hai
    i am an INTP. i like to learn some socionics

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, MBTI and socionics loosely correlate. For example I'd be SLE or LSE, but I am ENTJ/ET(true).
    Last edited by Muira; 04-03-2023 at 03:59 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HotAndCold View Post
    MBTI and socionics loosely correlate
    MBTI and Socionics use same Jung types.
    MBTI test uses same theory of dichotomies which is in Socionics. MBTI type is those 4 dichotomies. Dichotomies is main way to decide about type in MBTI using practice. So in theory and practice it should be same types, except cases of usage mistakes which are often. The accuracy mb ~30-40% in both approaches practice.

> I'd be SLE or LSE, but I am ENTJ

You seem closer to F types, though would be good to have normal typing material (including a video) for more assurance.

ENTJ/LIE is impossible for you. The most I suspect ESFP / SEE.
    To have S in Socionics and N in MBTI, irrationality and J is impossibly by the theory. But it's possibly to have mistakes in a usage, same as to get different types by same theory and methods.
    Last edited by Sol; 04-05-2023 at 11:03 AM.

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    MBTI and Socionics use same Jung types.
    MBTI test uses same theory of dichotomies which is in Socionics. MBTI type is those 4 dichotomies. Dichotomies is main way to decide about type in MBTI using practice. So in theory and practice it should be same types, except cases of usage mistakes which are often. The accuracy mb ~30-40% in both approaches practice.

> I'd be SLE or LSE, but I am ENTJ

You seem closer to F types, though would be good to have normal typing material (including a video) for more assurance.

ENTJ/LIE is impossible for you. The most I suspect ESFP / SEE.
    To have S in Socionics and N in MBTI, irrationality and J is impossibly by the theory. But it's possibly to have mistakes in a usage, same as to get different types by same theory and methods.
    Socionic functions are still not 100% in line with MBTI/Jung functions. Socionic Se captures both aspects of MBTI Te and Se, as Socio Se is very ground and sensory seeking like MBTI Se, it also focuses on being action/power/status orientated like MBTI Te. However MBTI Se isn't purely implusive, and is still orientated towards sensation than logic, which is just socio si.

Socio Ti is more about logical consistency, internal logical categories, rules, principles, etc. Socio Ti and MBTI Te are both orientated on organization and standards.

For example, most classic ENTJs tend to be LSI almost every time.

Also socio Fe is more connected to MBTI Fi as they are both rather orientated towards self expression and capturing the attention of their environment, manipulating the emotional atmosphere. While socio Fi and MBTI Fe are focused on appropriate behavior, psychological distance(reading others), getting social ques, etc. However, high MBTI Fi users can still be EII ESI,IEE, etc.

I have read and talked with other people for hours on end about the descriptions of Socio and MBTI functions, which they can only loosely correlate because MBTI functions are not clear in definition. That said, MBTI is shit compared to the accuracy and consistency of socionics. Socionics is still a Russian improvisation of Jung, and is still vastly more different that both Jung and MBTI, and the description of the functions do not directly translate well enough to say "XXX can only be XXXX."

By Jung, I'd be ET(S) TeSe. I am just typed as ENTJ because ENTJ values Se over Si, and I still value Ni > Ne. Still my mbti Fi and socio Fi would be too poor to be SEE/ESFP. I'll film a video later this week.

You still haven't told me why I am a F type over T.
    Last edited by Muira; 04-05-2023 at 06:05 PM.